Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny Howells @ Spirit, Fri 9/9

spirit-0909-f.jpg

There are very few DJs who stand out in the world of dance music today, but Danny Howells is without doubt one of them. From his early years of DJing at Bedrock nights in his home town of Hastings, to the 10+ hour sets in New York today, one thing remains the same - a complete love of all music. It's this passion and plenty of hard work that has helped Danny to get where he is today. It's no coincidence that he's been placed in DJ Magazine's top 20 DJs in the world for the last 6 years. Danny has a unique, eclectic sound which as been described as "deepsexyfuturistictechfunkhouse" and it's this sound which which is shaking floors worldwide. -- dannyhowells.com

Spirit

530 West 27th Street

(btw 10th & 11th Avenues)

Click below for $20 advance tickets.

http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=nyc&query=detail&event=618633&REFID=clubp

i just moved here from LA and don't know anyone-- This guy is so awesome though-- i'm goin' solo.. what is the club like? is it safe for me to be coming to this alone-- i'm a 23 year old petite girl living in white plains-- train stops running at 1:30 so looks like i'll be out on a limb till trains start back up in the morning- anyone know if the club has afterhours?

the party will go until about 8ish.

-

yes, dano is the man!

used to go to EVERY monthly gig he used to do at vinyl/arc(actually, i think i missed 2 at the most)

-

spirit used to be Twilo. Its an ok club, but i personally think its sacreligious to have another club there.

-

Since your going alone just be safe! and dont worry the crowds that go to howells are ok, there for the music :bounce:

Danny Howells is easily in the top five dj's in the world IMO, he freakin rocks it everytime I've seen him. you can see by his face he's loving it too. I'm from England and we're coming to NY on Wednesday, was hoping someone wicked was gonna be on over there when we're there....can't wait for this!

anyone got any tips on good warm-up bars for beforehand?

im from scotland, uk and am going to be in new york for this event. was wondering what the dress code was like - would cool diesel trainers, jeans and a cool tshirt be ok?

thanks

Dude! where in scotland? Just fyi, there is no code there. I am going with a t-shirt and cargo pants on. trainers on. you are going to be fine.

spirit used to be Twilo. Its an ok club, but i personally think its sacreligious to have another club there.

get off it!

And the crowds: expect a lot of asians.

i just moved here from LA and don't know anyone-- This guy is so awesome though-- i'm goin' solo.. what is the club like? is it safe for me to be coming to this alone-- i'm a 23 year old petite girl living in white plains-- train stops running at 1:30 so looks like i'll be out on a limb till trains start back up in the morning- anyone know if the club has afterhours?

trooper you are....I'll be there solo as well if you are interested in a meet-up

Danny Howells is easily in the top five dj's in the world IMO, he freakin rocks it everytime I've seen him. you can see by his face he's loving it too. I'm from England and we're coming to NY on Wednesday, was hoping someone wicked was gonna be on over there when we're there....can't wait for this!

anyone got any tips on good warm-up bars for beforehand?

i see you're from newcastle..

i can't belive you signed owen

-sincerely

a bitter reds supporter...

i see you're from newcastle..

i can't belive you signed owen

-sincerely

a bitter reds supporter...

Don't worry about it, Rafa knows what he's doing. Although I am sure Owen will do great up there, we can't warrant paying 6M+ more than we sold him for last year.

Cisse will come good, as long as he stops throwing his toys out of the pram.......