Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Teach me 2 spin plz. I can spin all of Simon's music now 4 U & others... C'MON!!!!!!!

I have been given permission to spin all the music from Simon's if I want. The only problem is I don't spin. I have all the music, I just don't spin. HOWEVER, I'll be using digital files (CD's, MP3's, whatever) - no lp's. So if you could teach me I would be enternally grateful. The parites would be in NYC so I'm posting here for possible future classics & requests parties in the city. I can pay you.

Would anyone even be interested in dancing to House music from it's start in 1991 until 1995? Every song to really hit the Simon's crowd will be in this collection.

The deal is, Chris Harshman doesn't live here in NYC. But he let me borrow his entire lp collection for over a year so i have it all.

ACTUALLY - there's a problem here. I'd rather be dancing then spinning. That's why I'm not a DJ. In 1991 I was offered to be taught but I told him I'd rather be on the floor dancing then behind a booth spinning. I've kicked myself for that plenty of times but it's true. Teach me how to spin and most likely I'll just give you the files so I can just dance to them (that is, I mean, if you're really into the stuff).

5 BIG hits that speaks volumes about the collection: "Song of Life", "Paragliders", "Love Stimulation", "Te Amo", "Perfect Motion".

Let's discuss - PLEASE!!!!!

Clarification: I would like to hear some early house (1991-95) out and about but I'm thinking the only way I can do this is to actually spin the stuff myself. I have all the music from back then so now all I need to know is how to operate like the "cd j-1000" or something. Matching beats isn't a high priority at the moment but, of course, I'll be more than happpy to learn how to do that too.

If you would like to hear the music I would like to spin download this cd:

http://www.cjmikey.com/chris/Chris%20Harshman%20-%20Volume%202.mp3

*please download it to your harddrive. It's over 80MB in size (it's a full CD).

The CD is mixed but I used a shareware product to mix it so I wouldn't be able to do this in a club.

However, the problem is I'd rather dance then spin. So if you like the music and play out somewhere, and don't have it, please contact me. I will be more than happy to give you the MP3 if you're going to play it out and about.

House music started in 1991? Teach me more Mr wizard...

Like I said before: I say what I know and house music hit Florida around 1991. The first CD I bought had Transformer 2's "Pacific Symphony" & Praga Kahn's "Injected With a Poison". The 2nd CD had Opus III's "It's A Fine Day". I know house started earlier but it didn't hit the Florida scene until '91. I'm super sorry to offend thee Jim.

Like I said before: I say what I know and house music hit Florida around 1991. The first CD I bought had Transformer 2's "Pacific Symphony" & Praga Kahn's "Injected With a Poison". The 2nd CD had Opus III's "It's A Fine Day". I know house started earlier but it didn't hit the Florida scene until '91. I'm super sorry to offend thee Jim.

I'm not offended, that's just a ridiculous statement.

I'm not offended, that's just a ridiculous statement.

True 'nuff. I say some foolish shite sometimes...

Sine you're jumping down my throat so much, tho, I would like to know more about your history. Like when did you start going out and what got in you involved into the scene? PM if you want.

True 'nuff. I say some foolish shite sometimes...

Sine you're jumping down my throat so much, tho, I would like to know more about your history. Like when did you start going out and what got in you involved into the scene? PM if you want.

I'm only jumping down your throat because you're saying things that are way off base and presenting them as fact.

I started going to raves in '93. I bought turntables in '97. Started spinning jungle, then went to house, then to trance, then to breaks, back to house. I spin mostly house now but I still throw on the old styles from time to time (except trance, I've really gone away from that :vomit2: )

Started going to clubs in the city around '95-'96 when I started school in CT. I'm from Boston originally. That's my story.

Hey hey xlr8ted!!! - What's up with ya homie??? You have the dubious honor of being my fave person on the board now... Whoo hoo!

ComputerJockey,

I'm Simons wife, and I have told him all the stuff you been writing on the board, hes pretty upset. Your talking outta your ass, and him and I know it. Please refrain from talking about Simons, Chris Harshman and the reunion party. You and I both know Simon can get upset pretty quick and make some rash decisions. He is against this party, and he will be in contact with you soon than later. If you wanna still consider the "Simons Family" a part of your own, please head the warnings.

ComputerJockey,

I'm Simons wife, and I have told him all the stuff you been writing on the board, hes pretty upset. Your talking outta your ass, and him and I know it. Please refrain from talking about Simons, Chris Harshman and the reunion party. You and I both know Simon can get upset pretty quick and make some rash decisions. He is against this party, and he will be in contact with you soon than later. If you wanna still consider the "Simons Family" a part of your own, please head the warnings.

:laugh:

SIMPLE RULES

1) Stop saying "out and about"

2) House started in FL way before 91

3) Explain what you mean by "SIMONS"

4) Why would you accept to spin music in the area if you have

a: no technic

b: No knowledge of how to spin

c: no obvious understanding of the music youre going to be playing

d: no local area support

Please understand "D" carefully

i mean with a starting thread like this, who is going to bother coming to see you spin

Best advice i can give you is, setup your appearace / gig. Give the entire time slot or night to the other dj to spin. Theres no reason you need to be taught if you cant learn your self in the least.

Save yourself the troubles and let another dj spin.

If you were so close with "simon" and was around while he was spining then you'd also know something

///guess not///

SIMPLE RULES

Best advice i can give you is, setup your appearace / gig. Give the entire time slot or night to the other dj to spin. Theres no reason you need to be taught if you cant learn your self in the least.

Save yourself the troubles and let another dj spin.

Yeah I think after listening to all this I'll stick to what I know, dancing. Spinning was never for me since I didn't want to be stuck behind a booth anyways (as the song goes "Ever seen a DJ dance before?")

I'm ready to go out and hear some new stuff but I would kill if some club decided to put out a "classics" night from stuff from 91/95. If any DJ is interested in this I have all the music from back then so contact me and I'll be more than happy to share it with you. The thing is hardly anyone would know what most of this music was anyways and those that did would be thrilled to hear it I'm sure.

As for the "other" points you've made, I've promised not to discuss this topic anymore so I'm saying zilch about it from here on.

For someone who is saying "OK, I'm letting this go" you guys are cracking me up with how you're now the ones that can't seem to let this issue trail off into the wind. But you know, I really did dig the gravestone. Nice touch! I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ALL - I'VE BEEN TALKING WAY TOO MUCH ABOUT THE GOLDEN DAYS. LET IT DROP...

ComputerJockey, you'll slowly learn that most members in the NY/NJ boards are assholes.

Most of them dont know the word "SUPPORT" or "HELP" because they're

pompous sonsofbitches that think they know it all.

They'll tell you lots of stories when they "used to do this and that" or "listen to the classics" but yet, when someone asks an honest question,

all they know how to do is point the finger and act like dickheads.

Example: Watch the barrage of bullshit that will come out after my post. :)

PS: Find yourself someone that has some CDJ's and try learning on your own, you'll need to find your own technique but it will take some time.

I did listen to the music you talk about, in fact have most CD's still.

Good luck!! :dj: