Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MARK GRANT (OM Records/Chicago) - THIS SATURDAY @ BLUE

vaughanz

That's right.... there is a BEACON of hope on the Beach this weekend for all you househeads... www.lust4house.com returns this weekend with Chicago's very own... Mark Grant!!!

Lust4house.com presents...

MARK GRANT @ BLUE

with SHELDON PRINCE ~ JASON WIGGILL ~ VAUGHAN LAZAR

65.jpg

Blue

222 Espanola Way

Miami Beach

ok now im pist!!!

Ummmm... yeah! The music ROCKED! I think it was the first time I heard Jason open up by himself and he did a fantastic job. Not too soulful but definitely nicely layered groovy basslines.

Mark Grant really delivered the goods. By the time he went on I had already had 5 dirty martinis and 2 vodka redbulls (on an empty stomach) so my trainspotting switch was in the OFF position. But I still had a great time dancing and hanging out with the usuals. :hoparound In my opinion, Mark played better than that night at Sonar and better than on the Shipwrecked cruise this year.

I wasn't really feeling the crowd so much :(. I won't even ask what happened to all the CP'ers who were ranting and raving about Mark Grant. Do you people think there could possibly be any correlation between support and a dj being re-booked? :mad:

A HUGE thanks (from me and my liver) to Vaughan for that triple Patron shot. My kidneys are mere hours from D-day.

Also, thanks for the Mark Grant CD. I didn't realize that it was his own productions/remixes. :D

so myself and phil headed on over to blue again.. as ALWAYS.. to show support and just hear the best damn music IMHO as usual.

after parkin in the garage on 17th (we parked on roof this time , cuz we were not goin on a manhunt again in that god forsaken lot again lol)

outside roly was already there. the ambassador of south beach LOL ... we head over to cafeteria for justin johnson

Cafeteria

Havent been there since the "IN" parties ...still looks the same .. diego is there and justin is playin an open format

the vinyl on the decks.... a CYPRESS HILL TRACK.. (I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE CYPRESS HILL..... OLD SKOOLLLLLL)

so we get some drinks. i get a 24/7 the cafeteria version of redbull/spacefuel/blah blah lol

blue

-first off the entire nite was slow compared to previous weeks. not much board support except for vivek, and macboy and maybe a few others i cant recall. of course nicole was there and her tara reid lookin friend(while tara was still thin), Holly... great to meet ya

Jason wiggill

great as usual he was the only opener for the nite

mark grant showed up early. which i think is awesome. he shows support for his openers... classy!!!

very nice guy just as i rememberd him from the lust boat. he took pics with us. he passed around a mailing list for his website and even a cd with his own original productions (sampler cd).....

180 degrees different from troydon yet just as awesome. (personally i liked it beter cuz i love vocals and soulful stuff more than tech house but its just a matter of personal taste)

10/10 for me for what he played.. it never got boring or too deep.

he didnt play latin house or any chicago jackin house it was mostly vocals and soulful and jazzy riffs... awesome stuff .. yet there was still variety to his set . it had a natural progression to it...

though there was not much of a vibe cuz there was not as many people. more room to dance. I DANCED MY ASS OFF. MY LEGS ARE GONNA RIP OFF MY BODY LOL

OH YEAH AS ALWAYS MARK SPUN 100% VINYL. HE WONT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY...... SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

smooth transitions. great track selection. those who didnt go missed out

good to see JC (britney spears t and all), vivek, dan... alfredo, rolly... umm bout it i think ... not sure dancing too much .......

we def need more mark grant

so yeah the question is now? when will my arse go to chicago? cuz these chicago house djs lately at blue are just insane.....

love it......

awesome nite of music.

...cuz these chicago house djs lately at blue are just insane...

Chicago? What do Chicago djs know about house? Miami's where it's at! We even have our own dj awards! I don't see Chicago singling out amazing djs like Cedric Gervais for their technical abilities (or was that award given based on how many dj whores he's got wrapped around each arm?). :rolleyes: