Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What was the 1st song that got you n2 music and was the song that got you n2 house?

I'm just interested in seeing if some of you guys retain info like this.

Song that got me into music:

Yaz's "Don't Go" (in 1983)

8th grade

http://www.newwavehouse.com/mp3/dontgo.mp3

1st song I heard at the New Wave club Einstein-A-Go-Go in Jacksonville Bch, FL:

Depeche Mode's "StrangeLove" (Maxi-mix) (in 1984)

http://www.newwavehouse.com/mp3/strangelove.mp3

1st song I heard at that club (& it's the song that got me into house music):

K-Klass's "Rhythm Is A Mystery" (in 1991)

http://www.newwavehouse.com/mp3/rhythmisamystery.mp3

btw, when I say "house" I mean all forms of electronica.

I'm just interested in seeing if some of you guys retain info like this.

Song that got me into music:

Yaz's "Don't Go" (in 1983)

Einstien-A-Go-Go in Jacksonville, Beach FL

http://www.newwavehouse.com/mp3/dontgo.mp3

Im not ashamed to admit it:

Michael Jackson's Thriller. Whacko! Whacko! :bounce:

Song that got me into house music:

K-Klass's "Rhythm Is A Mystery" (in 1991)

Simon's in Gainesville, FL

http://www.newwavehouse.com/mp3/rhythmisamystery.mp3

Chemical Brothers' Block Rockin Beats (97 I think). Its not house but its what got me into Electronic music.

1st tape bought-run-dmc/aerosmith walk this way

1st cd-Nirvana nevermind

1st house song "witch Dr."-armen van helden

1st house cd-double cd by Junior Vazques in about 97 i dont remember the name but i know it had the razor/guido song on it and me beat on their drumms u guys remeber that cd, evewryone in staten island, brooklyn, and long islnd had that cd and Do it again became the most played out song on KTU

ehh.. mine is kinda embaressing...

first cd i bought = tranzworld 2 (in high school, because i worked at sam goody)

first real house cd i bought = bad boy bill Vs. Richard Humpty Vission "house connection 2"

the song that really got me into edm "binary finary" matt darey remix.. off of x-dream's caffeine gold tape...

i started listening to hard house before getting into chicago house or deep house or tech house.. and i can't remember a particular song either.. but i remember falling in love with the genre when i was going to raves in the late 90's.. seeing bam bam, dj dan, bad boy bill and the likes got me hooked.

Started with hiphop ..

first piece of Vinyl was Dj Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince, parents just dont understand.

First tape was Low End Theroy by A tribe called quest

Block Rockin Beats also lured me into the land of electronica music

First tape was Frankie Bones Factory 101 afterhours .. shit was bright red.

I actually recorded on to tape alot of drum and bass sets and pretty much started off with DnB .. then progressed into house and techno .. now my soul is with techno .. but to be honest i dont recall buying an EDM CD's .. always downloaded alot of live sets.. I some how though have original Cd's in my car :huh:

i started listening to hard house before getting into chicago house or deep house or tech house.. and i can't remember a particular song either.. but i remember falling in love with the genre when i was going to raves in the late 90's.. seeing bam bam, dj dan, bad boy bill and the likes got me hooked.

look whos headlining..

resweb_back.jpg

Sarah McLachlan - Silence. I was under the influence at some club & the vocals hit me like a ton of bricks!!!! I didn't know how to dance to house but I figured it out!!!

I stopped scratching all together for about 2 years and focused strictly on dance music. The only reason I went back to spinnin hiphop was I landed a residence & that's what they wanted.

Long story short - I had to play hiphop for 4 years & finally a few months ago got a night spinnin dance music again - wohoo!!!

The first song that I was really into was Beat It, by Michael Jackson, back in '83 when I was 4 years old. I wore the tape out.

The song that got me into electronic music/house was Groove Is In The Heart - Deee-Lite... though I didn't become a straight up electronic music fanatic until I heard Capital J's Superman remix in '95.