Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JOE CLAUSSELL@LOVE this sun 9/3 for the sacred rhythm party

Im soo excited been talking bout love for so long now and keep hearing so many good things bout that soundsystem that im finally gonna get to check it out. Plus with joes making magic with the music looks like its gonna be a great night. 5pm till 12am. See you guys there.

In case you dont know who he is enjoy:

http://www.housemusicforum.com/video/MOV06300.MPG

http://www.garagefamily.net/video/Joe_Claussel_Mavù_16-07-2005.ram

Thanks Mr. Bull for including the links. I wish more people would include bits of what the night is going to sound like. For those of us who are new to the scene, and don't really know what the DJ's sound like yet, it really helps.

Best space in NYC if you ask me.. Big enough to Dance...House dance, No shufflers... The sound hits your chest cavity like a jackhammer. Makes you feel every groove on the record.. lights think 6 Hubert... and plenty of space to lounge around and enjoy the party... This is a House Heads Paradise

whats up with those times ? or is that just his set ?

and i seen the booth of LOVE in club systems......that shit looks ridiculous

I read some where there having extended hours because of the holiday.. But those hours are usually normal for house parties on Sundays. Think Body and Soul, 718 sessions all these parties have these hours. Check it out you might enjoy the vibe.. Took me a little time to get it.. Used to be big on the harder progresive tribal but now im down with the deeper end. Still love banging hard tribal.

he is an amazing dj to hear play records and to watch as well. Im very excited bout goin to this party. Most sunday deephouse type f parties begin around 5 or 6pm like "afa" mentioned. PUt it like this by 12am if your not tired or satisfy you can always go to another party lol. But the wayi see it i think joe is gonna play til about 3 or 4am. Hey supreme/ fast fast i dont think we have met b4, so if you guys are there say wusup , see ya inside.

When I used to go too early during the first phase of Sacred Rhythms, it was a little empty. But listening to Joe play to a uncrowded place is a rare pleasure too. He's one of the top top Djs in the world in my opinion, not accessible to anyone though.

I'd show up a little after 11 to enjoy the show at 12.

And yes, the sound system is the best in the city and one of the best in my experience (same class as Twilo/Vinyl/Stereo/...).

Have fun.

in case you dont know by now buq, i likes to be around when the first record drops till the last one. But i will be with my lady so i wont be as crazy on the dancefloor as usual. Also i think the dislocated bones on my left foot are getting worse. RAUL MIDON is a great singer and cant wait to hear him live again, caught him at shelter once, virgin megastore and over at arc.

One of the best parties Ive been to! Similar to 718 sessions and Shelter. Joe Clausell spins some amazin shit, mostly house. He also mixed in some Disco, African drums, and latin drum pieces.

Got there at 10PM and left around 3AM.

There were 2 intermissions, 1 was a live salsa band and the other a singer named Raul Midon( He was on the louis vega album elements of life)

Joe himslef was amazing. Many "Classics" from a time when I was not present, but the music is still amazing.

The name of the venue is very appropriate, thats what its about is "LOVE". People are there to dance and enjoy life!!!!!

:love:

One of the best parties Ive been to!
Glad to hear it was a great night. The last time I went there when it was crowded was for Memorial Day, and it was the most intense party I've been to this year. Joe really creates a unique and amazing energy in a room.

And you're right, he plays the classics like no one else.

Will check it out again for sure next time I get the chance.

First time @ LOVE and hearing Joe Clausell in person was amazing. Got there around 11pm and the dance floor was packed. At Midnight Raul Midon performed an acoustic set. He is a very talented musician and I'm looking forward to seeing him perform next month. Saw a lot of different styles of house dancing, jacking, lofters and new school. Left around 3 when Joe was playing some classics. The next time Joe is spinning I'll be sure to get there much earlier.

Silverbull I didn't see you on Sunday!

I got in at 9:30 and just missed the first band play, they were packing up. Before the second performance Joe requested a moment of silence for the people suffering from Hurricane Katrina. Raul Midon was the highlight for me, incredible performance. He had the entire room mesmerized. His guitar playing and singing is a class act. This might seem corny but he also made trumpet sounds from his lips; it sounded just like a real horn. :woah:

Joe was great but he had some problems with the decks a few times and he played a song twice. No really seemed to care though. :itsok:

For those that left at 3 you should've stayed around till 4. He passed out over twenty Sacred Rhythm singles randomly to the crowd. I unfortunately didn't get one. :unhappy: The party ended at 4:30 on his fifth encore, the crowd would not leave and pleaded for more.

a party that lasts from6pm till 430 sounds like a winner to me. Well me and my lady were online around 6something and decided to get some food first and we ended up walking so far that by the time we realized we should go back we were to tired and went home and watched maestro and had a great night. Good to hear that everyone had fun and yes i am mad that i have yet to hear joe play at love and looks like in 2 weeks when he does play there again i will be at 718 sessions though. And raul midon is an amazing person artist singer, CERCA DE MI was one of my fave songs last yr. Saw himlive at shelter and at arc.

a party that lasts from6pm till 430 sounds like a winner to me. Well me and my lady were online around 6something and decided to get some food first and we ended up walking so far that by the time we realized we should go back we were to tired and went home and watched maestro and had a great night. Good to hear that everyone had fun and yes i am mad that i have yet to hear joe play at love and looks like in 2 weeks when he does play there again i will be at 718 sessions though. And raul midon is an amazing person artist singer, CERCA DE MI was one of my fave songs last yr. Saw himlive at shelter and at arc.

Ahhh yes 718 sessions!!! :bounce:

Joe attracts a very mixed crowd. What do you consider the new school house dance? Just out of curiosity. Did any circles form? Love is a little tight for that but maybe they did.

Sorry for such a late reply. I sense a little sarcasm in your post so I won't even bother responding sincerely to what I think new school style of house dancing is. By no means am I a dance connoisseur, I was just excited to see various styles of house dancing, an amazing dj and many other people that are passionate about house music.

Sorry for such a late reply. I sense a little sarcasm in your post so I won't even bother responding sincerely to what I think new school style of house dancing is. By no means am I a dance connoisseur, I was just excited to see various styles of house dancing, an amazing dj and many other people that are passionate about house music.

No sarcasm just wanted to know what you considered new school house dance? I know there are lofters. Then there are people who stick to jacking, and some bboys like to dance to house.

Joe attracts a very mixed crowd. What do you consider the new school house dance? Just out of curiosity. Did any circles form? Love is a little tight for that but maybe they did.

You're right, was too tight for circles. There were like 1 or 2 people I saw lofting. I did however see some tight jacking!

I sometimes notice 2 types of jacking. There are people that are old school that do a lot of turning (also alot of powder on the floor). There are some of the younger crowd that does movements I would consider jacking, but less fluid and much faster than the old school style. Im not an expert just my observations