Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP Review: Let me be the first to tell you......

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4/5 star? If you give that night this rating your drugs must have been really strong man.

Well, well and all this time I thought that was the ONLY way you should rate a JP party. So your telling me that there is more to him than drugs?! I hope someone tells JP this or else he is just going to look silly ..... oh wait, to late, he already looks like an schmuck.

wow, where do i start. there were soooo many things wrong with lastnight and i was comped! a free night still isn't worth it if it isn't good.

i got to ROXY at around 4, there was a line nothing to major, they were checking ID's, stamping hands and giving braclets.. once i get in there the place was friggin' packed. no room to move and the vibe was ehh. i gotta say JP and his team need to stop with this 18+ shit. it's killing him. parties are getting like high school events.. and what's scary is, i feel like at this point those are the only people that will come out and see him.

The music, i've never been so friggin' bored at a JP party. EVER! i felt like i was listening to KTU, straight up. that's what it was.. matter of fact. i felt like i was at webster hall...

but here's my opinion on all this. JP is still a great DJ, he has skills you can't that away from the man, i think he's alittle lost in the NYC scene now though because new york is getting other (some better) DJ's from around the world playing here and they are really bringing da funk. so JP needed to up his game up for the past year and hasn't. he's still cashing in on his SF days. and those days, that era is OVER. and never coming back. he needs something new. i know he's been focusing on getting booked around the country and over seas, but he needs to show NYC he can still throw a good party with a good vibe, also his parties need to be 21 and over and he needs to never play ROXY again. that place is a shit hole.

I agree. Let's just say this night was NOT one of JP's finest!! There were many other problems that night at this event that went beyond JP's mediocre set. Well address these problems first: I arrived at the Roxy between 1:30 and 2am. I knew that there was an option to buy tix prior to this event, but thought they weren't going to be that expensive. I had gone to see JP on the 4th of July and purchased tix for that event, that same night for $30. That was the original price of the event. For this event the original price was the same, $30 per/ head. I thought that it would be $40 per/head tops!! Well there was a tix line formed to buy tix that night and when I reached the end of the line I was shocked to hear that it was $50 per/head!! I know it's not that much more, but still it's almost double the price!! The guy wanted me to forget about my change too!! I almost didn't get it. I guess I should of purchased the tix ahead of time? I could not find a hook up this time around. Well I didn't have that much time to lament about it and I said to myself once I entered "hey may be it will be worth the $50 dollars??" Like when I paid to go to SF's themed parties back in the day.

Once I read some of these posts I couldn't really justify paying the $50 dollars!! When you think of a "Classics" party, you think of JP holding it down and playing classic tracks from back in the day for hours and hours while at the same time incorporating his solid technical skills as a dj throughout his set. Well JP did NOT play up to his potential and I don't know if he will ever play like he did at SF!! I think those days are over IMO!! He played a good amount of classic tracks, but there were still a plethora of classic tracks that he never played that you were expecting to have heard played? He was playing a good amount of his newer tracks which gets away from the theme of "Classics." Also he was not flawless on the turntables. His set was NOT on point from start to finish. Also why did he want to present to us his new artist on his label at this party? He stopped his set just to tell us about her? Was she pulling off an "Ashley Simpson"? That's Jessica's sister's name right? They could have just mentioned her on the flyer for this party and that would have been just fine. I was expecting JP to play a solid set as consistent to the "Classics" theme as possible and he really didn't!!

Overall I made the best of the party even though the party had it's issues. I met up with friends I hadn't seen in ages. Tbomb and Clancy it was fun hanging out again. I also saw someone I didn't think I would run into from CP, who didn't even say Hi... you know who you are stranger!!

What did I learn from this night you ask? Well JP still needs a residency somewhere and hopefully soon and he also needs to stick to a 21 + crowd instead of an 18 + crowd. With the way he's been playing lately, I don't know if a 21 + crowd wants to see him anymore!! The Roxy is NOT going to help his cause!! This club is an accident waiting to happen!!

this was my 1st time hearing him, i never went to SF when it was open....i thought the songs were good but the way he dj's sux.....only reason y i had a good time was cuz i was among friends, btw it was gr8 seeing u :)

Lmao... i guess so. hey i dont do drugs and i still had a good time..met some chick shannon from howard beach.. =]~ bwuahahha

For this event the original price was the same, $30 per/ head. I thought that it would be $40 per/head tops!! Well there was a tix line formed to buy tix that night and when I reached the end of the line I was shocked to hear that it was $50 per/head!! I know it's not that much more, but still it's almost double the price!!

I know it's not that much more but it's almost double the price!?

That makes no sense.