Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Metropolis Review (Pros and Cons)

Bling

I will do this as a list Pro/Cons....

first off i have to thank my girl (my partner in crime), Chica for allowing myself (Civs/Nefarious Girl and Jessica) to get obliterated at her table

Lets just say going into the booth was a mission i tripped going up and fell inside trying to get a pic lol....

good to see oscar g and david orth. and carisa and her B$%^& squad in full effect along with Steve.

I was DRUNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKK lol

PROS

-1)lots of new parking lots for metropolis

-2)Prophecy sound system and lasers and lights and smoke system are sweet. This club and room is def Space's biggest direct competition. NO QUESTION

3) PACKEDDDDDDD (WORSE THAN MOST WMC PARTIES I EVEN ATTENDED- GREAT THING FOR METROPOLIS)

4) BRUNO-he tore it upppppppppppp

5) NILE bottle service is sweet. these really hot girls in belly dancing outfits serve u on beds.

6) INSANE AMOUNT OF HOT WOMEN ALL OVER.....

7) Amazonia-really like the look of the place and feel very outdoors patio like feel. and the music was pretty damn good...for hip hop

CONS

1) Nile was closed off to those with gold wristbands (I got in but still)

2) VIP in Prophecy is just not personal enough. the bottle service in there was just ok (from what i was told by friends who usually go VIP).. IT seems as though NILE is the place to be for bottle service (though its a bit pricey at 3 bottle minimum)

3) $16 dollars for a RED BULL/GREY GOOSE IN THE NILE. RIDICULOUS! not sure if prices vary in the rooms though.

4) WAY TOO PACKED (FOR PATRONS-IT WAS TOO CRAZY.... the front door was ridiculous. i cant recall ever seeing anything in my life like that line outside. or should i say sea of humanity.. they need a completly separate exit to leave cuz that was just nuts. the front door staff seemed to be overwhelmed at times)

5) Shelter- sound system was wayyyy to powerful for such a small room. even with ear plugs it was just thumpin crazy like.......

6) Nile- they had this annoying MC in there for a bit ughhhhhhh

7) 3 of the 5 rooms were hip hop (amazonia.. more chill hip hop/r&b stuf...shelter some more hardcore hip hop and Nile was hip-hop/reggaeton

8 azucar- at one point tried to get into azucar through the main room it was nuts so we gave up and went back to our table.

9) bathrooms were insane. the hallways by them were slammed and bathrooms (guys at least was not big enuff apparently)

Overall view..

overall i think this venue will do veryyyyy very well. yeah it was opening weekend so it was packed like all hell but damn..... this club is not kidding around its def here to stay......

the most important thing that has to be taken care of is that FRONT DOOR!! half my coworkers left cuz they just could not get in...

good drunken times....

i believe this is the club thats gonna reighn supreme now in downtown . the people working for the place , the promoters , the club itself , the great crowd and vibe are just what was felt at the old space . BITCHES BITCHES AND MORE BITCHES !! and lets not forget that they are the only smart people that are gonna bring back great trance acts that isnt PVD , Tiesto , or the rest of the cheese crew thats been giving trance a bad name for the past few years . METROPOLIS i believe is gonna be a force to be reckoned with in downtown !!!

i believe this is the club thats gonna reighn supreme now in downtown . the people working for the place , the promoters , the club itself , the great crowd and vibe are just what was felt at the old space . BITCHES BITCHES AND MORE BITCHES !! and lets not forget that they are the only smart people that are gonna bring back great trance acts that isnt PVD , Tiesto , or the rest of the cheese crew thats been giving trance a bad name for the past few years . METROPOLIS i believe is gonna be a force to be reckoned with in downtown !!!

gotta agree with the trance stuff. time for new people .im sick of the tiesto or pvds and what not..

armin at space is a plus but besides that same ol at space.......

it works but its getting mundane IMHO.....

though i wont go to every trance event at metropolis i hope to ck out blank and jones and john flemming

lets hope so ....cause it'll be good in terms of Variety , and Competition between clubs is good for the club goers pocket books .

bring back great trance acts that isnt PVD , Tiesto , or the rest of the cheese crew thats been giving trance a bad name for the past few years .

Ouch! Whats wrong with PVD and Tiesto? Both are top DJs, with top productions, and well thought out sets. They both know how to deliver.

Remember, Paul Van Dyk was one of the first DJs to ever play Trance in South Florida - and that was back in like 93. Also, few towns can lay claim to have had Tiesto as a quarterly resident, and Miami was lucky enough to have that. Part of Tiesto's success is due to his successful sets at Space, which were attended by club kids from all over the US, and South America.

And who are the rest of the "cheese crew"? The only other guys to really play Trance in Miami in the past year were your boy Eric, and Edgar V. Okay and george Acosta too, who by the way had his latest record played a lot by DJs, like Judge Jules.

It's truly great that Metropolis is stepping up and bringing a lot of other quality Trance acts/DJs, but there's no need to bash the few that have up till now helped keep Trance on the radar in Miami.

Ouch! Whats wrong with PVD and Tiesto? Both are top DJs, with top productions, and well thought out sets. They both know how to deliver.

Remember, Paul Van Dyk was one of the first DJs to ever play Trance in South Florida - and that was back in like 93. Also, few towns can lay claim to have had Tiesto as a quarterly resident, and Miami was lucky enough to have that. Part of Tiesto's success is due to his successful sets at Space, which were attended by club kids from all over the US, and South America.

And who are the rest of the "cheese crew"? The only other guys to really play Trance in Miami in the past year were your boy Eric, and Edgar V. Okay and george Acosta too, who by the way had his latest record played a lot by DJs, like Judge Jules.

It's truly great that Metropolis is stepping up and bringing a lot of other quality Trance acts/DJs, but there's no need to bash the few that have up till now helped keep Trance on the radar in Miami.

Thanx CHrles.

gotta agree with the trance stuff. time for new people .im sick of the tiesto or pvds and what not..

armin at space is a plus but besides that same ol at space.......

it works but its getting mundane IMHO.....

though i wont go to every trance event at metropolis i hope to ck out blank and jones and john flemming

Bro, shut up, u r a house fag, stick to that sad crowd

i never said they werent great dj's and so and so .. but seriously , have you heard em lately ?? yeah they play a few good tracks here and there .. but somehow find a way to ruin a great set by playing some whack cheesy shit in there . dont get me wrong i do know those 2 are some of the best out there but dude .. seriously .. i havent heard pvd play a good set in over 4 years . and tiesto since conference of 2003 . after that its been all downhill . All im saying is that there are alot more acts that could and should be brought down .. and that pvd and tiesto imo are def really not at the top of their game right now .. fame has gotten to them and thats showing big time .. and i wouldnt even compare tiesto to edgar v and groove eric .. totally digfferent styles if you ask me . id listen to our locals anyday before i pay $30 to $80 to see pvd or tiesto.. alls they are now is a name created by their past .. that is all .. but then again , thats only my opinion :cool:

right on!

the so called superstar DJs are getting more and more money and thier sets are getting shorter and shorter and weaker and weaker.

tiesto

in

concert

:jerkoff:

DITTO... but moreso bcz. they rape the scene rathern than prviding for longevity... i say a DJ salary cap at $500-1000 per hour (based on experience)... that would def. change the game and give every DJ a better shot at making it plus allowing the promoters do more events with the same budget

DITTO... but moreso bcz. they rape the scene rathern than prviding for longevity... i say a DJ salary cap at $500-1000 per hour (based on experience)... that would def. change the game and give every DJ a better shot at making it plus allowing the promoters do more events with the same budget

hmmm...so the club owners should get all the money? you think the club is going broke paying out for big name DJs?

Exactly! It's a simple game of supply and demand. limiting how much Tiesto makes a night is like limiting how much Madonna or Coldplay can make a night in their concerts.

Koky, I do understand what you're saying - I guess when DJs spend too much of their time on planes going to clubs halfway around the world from each other, the quality of the set can go down (the DJs are exhausted). Still, everbody just wants to book them day after day, offering them insane amounts of money, and in the process some DJs don't have as much time to hear new music, and to practice how to mix in their newer records flawlessly into their sets. Sasha somewhat solved that problem by taking on residencies (allowing him to stay in one place), and using Ableton (so as to avoid tranwrecks).

Still, Miami would have been worse if Tiesto and PVD weren't booked at all, as promoters might not then also be enticed take a chance on some of the local Miami Trance talent. And it's comforting to know that whether Metropolis succeeds with high turnouts for the great Trance DJs it's booked, that PVD and Tiesto will still be coming back to Miami in the coming years.

PS don't forget that Space has now also booked Ferry Corsten a few times. His sets always rock!