Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Red Sox

mixwell

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hansen Looked good, topped out around 97 or so, 1,2,3 inning for him... Ortiz is still hitting the long ball late... Papalbon didn't look to strong and Renteria needs smarten up, that was an almost rountine ground ball w/ a bad hop that he should have had... and when he missed it he just gave up, he needs to get out there and be the cut off, not just feel bad for himself...

as for the rest of the season... cant wait till they get back home, the road is killin em... Next weekend is gonna be a crazy time in Boston w/ the Yanks in town...

Done, Over, Fini.

Too tired, too hurt, too many people slumping. Starting pitching has gone from great to shit in a week. Bullpen is shit. Save Hansen and Papelbon's arms for next year. Can't complain because of last year though. It's time to focus on Sunday at Pittsburgh. Still think Ortiz is MVP.

Very frustrated these days. Have a feeling that it is going to come down to the last series with the Yankees. If we get bumped it will suck. I know that there are many fans here, so discuss

I'm coming up for that series.. i sorta hope it does as it will be beyond exciting.. and of course, i hope the Sox win :D

Well I'm not biased since I'm a Mets fan but I'd have to go with A Rod...I could not see giving it to Ortiz because his numbers don't blow A Rod's out of the water and considering how great a 3rd base A Rod has played, I think that has to be used as a factor as well

I disagree, IMO the definition of an MVP is making a difference in the clutch. And Ortiz certainly has demonstrated that. Who cares how many homers you wallop when your team is up 8-2. I am not saying Ortiz is going to win it but he is certainly clutch and I think the writers who vote will take that into consideration.

Tell that to the baseball writers(voters), to them DH is not a real position... Its more of a position for someone who is getting over the hill and can only hit, or someone with below average fielding skills.. Who would vote for someone who is only one dimentional, like Ortiz, when you can vote for someone who make a difference on the field and with his bat.. I feel the same way was you phatty, MVP means who has contributed directly to multiple wins when you have already marked a loss in the book..someone who single handedly turned the game around.. Ortiz has done it about 7-8 times this year..

good points but you can't say that A Rod hasn't been clutch this year...maybe not to the extent as Ortiz but still

i have no problem giving the MVP award to a DH but IMO he needs to have much better numbers than the everyday position player who he is going up against. And on top of A Rod playing a position, he has been a gold glover there which has helped the yankees win some games also

good points but you can't say that A Rod hasn't been clutch this year...maybe not to the extent as Ortiz but still

i have no problem giving the MVP award to a DH but IMO he needs to have much better numbers than the everyday position player who he is going up against. And on top of A Rod playing a position, he has been a gold glover there which has helped the yankees win some games also

I dont know the exact numbers but didnt A-Rod suck in the field last year?? And also I think he got off to a rocky start this year. You're not talking about Ozzie Smith here. A-Rod is mediocre at best as a 3rd baseman

I dont know the exact numbers but didnt A-Rod suck in the field last year?? And also I think he got off to a rocky start this year. You're not talking about Ozzie Smith here. A-Rod is mediocre at best as a 3rd baseman

what does last year have to do with this year? it was his first year at the position and he's been well above average this year making great defensive plays

the guy is a natural talent and will be one of the best fielding 3rd baseman in the game in no time if he's not already

what does last year have to do with this year? it was his first year at the position and he's been well above average this year making great defensive plays

the guy is a natural talent and will be one of the best fielding 3rd baseman in the game in no time if he's not already

Like I said I honestly don't know his prowess at 3rd this year. I just remember him getting off to a shaky start. I just don't see his defensive skills factoring into the MVP voting.