Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Movies with Club Scenes...

the opening scene in belly where they're in the tunnel and rob it is off the hook

biggrin.gif

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Can't forget about some of the club scenes in Less Than Zero.. Makes me wish I was in the party scene back in the 80's.

------------------

AIM: slimchezdy

I'm outta place

I'm in outer space

I've just vanished without a trace

I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow

I'll be back in an hour or so -- Eminem

Brian DePalma's "Carlito's Way" has a sick club scene in it. It's a 70's disco named "El Paraiso," but the tension he builds up amidst that background it remarkable. The scene takes place toward the end of the film, where Carlito is being hunted down by the mafia. Through his usualy stylistic camera usage and Pacino's always bravura performances, the scene is one of the most intense I have seen thus far.

Originally posted by translucent:

Basic Instinct

I second that!!!

------------------

AIM amallkavila

I've told myself so many times before

But this time I think I mean it for sure

We have reached a full stop

Nothing's going to save us from the big drop.. "DM"

unicornx1.gif

How 'bout that one with Ray Liotta and Kurt Russell where Ray Liotta is the "bad" cop who stalks Kurt and his wife....anyway, Kurt opens up that phat-ass looking club. Kinda reminded me of the old Paladium just bigger. Anyone know what i'm talking about? They were playing some trendy Melanie C type song that was real cool when it came out.

------------------

house_music.gif

Shampoo Horns (one of my best friends is in it smile.gif) Its SO GOOD - not as mainstream like most of them...

Party Monster - the Michael Alig one, its on video now @ Blockbuster

Trainspotting - not clubby really but so fucked up, amazing!

------------------

..."Music is my life...and I just can't help it..Music is my life...It's the joy I feel inside"...

MissDiva19@aol.com

Originally posted by tommy_g:

Basic Instinct... that club looked tight.. where was that, anybody know?

I think it was Limelight!!!!!

Now the Hip Hop room!!!

Dont quote me on that

------------------

Hi! How ya doing? where ya been, I had thoughts of you all night long.

Can't describe what you did, but you got me so!

Aolimer: Glowgirl42000

Email: Sugar4@earthlink.net

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

the opening scene in belly where they're in the tunnel and rob it is off the hook

biggrin.gif

Yo that shit is sooooooo HOT!!!!

my boy bought it the first day it was on DVD and we just sat there smoking blunts watching it.

We must have watched that first scene 10 times bro. With the vocals and theyre glow in the dark contacts. That scene is unreal.

-Andy

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

The one who mentioned the Ray Liotta flick was right in mentioning it. That flick was "Unlawful Entry" and in the background they played that song, "Everybody Scream.....feel good, feel good...." I forget the name of it. That club was humungous though. The club scenes in scarface were good, there were many of them. That club was a bit tame compared to the clubs that we are all used to. If you are speaking of the scene where the place gets shot up when they were trying to kill Tony, that is a phat scene. I mentioned "Carlito's way" previously; Brian DePalma, who directed Carlito's way, also directed Scarface. You can see his trademark stylistic camera usage in both films. At times, the music was off and much of the dialogue was corny (since much of it came from Oliver Stone), but the directorial style (especially in the club scenes) was very good. Pacino once again, at his best.

[This message has been edited by rudeboyyouth (edited 12-08-2000).]