Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boris on Saturday Review

Why was Boris spinning alot of trance on Saturday night...it was horrible...I think it because he's been criticized for being straight up tribal with the same boom boom beats but believe me your fans don't want to hear trance when they go to hear you. Just stick to the tribal babe thanx.

Maybe he's trying to reinvent himself. Probably not a bad idea since his usual boom boom sound is terrible and there's never a vibe at his parties. While he's at it, he should work on his technical skills since those are questionable at best. People assume that he's this great DJ b/c he draws crowds when he spins. Not really true though. Crobar basically made Boris who he is. They signed him on as a resident and through successful promoting, were able to establish a strong fan base for him. Has nothing to do with talent.

Boris' career was peeking in the late 90 early 00's, when was resident at Exit but the party went down and he must have changed management b/c he has revitalized his career very successfully in the past 2+ years.

Does anyone know who his management firm is?

he packs crobar every night. does he play good music....IMO no not really. but he keeps crobars owners, promoters, and staff very very happy. if you wanna hear world class music, just go to crobar every night he isnt their. thats the global talent. if you wanna hear NYC hard house tribal, then Boris is the main man in NYC right now. big props to him for doing what hes doing, even if i dont care for his sound

B-O-R-I-N-G as eva!!!!

OK, I know what u r thinking, Cyn, why do u keep goin?? but I had 3 bdays that night, and the only BIG HOUSE club is Crobar. As for party itself

1) I didnt hear ANY TRANCE, all I heard was BOOM BOOM BOOM for hours

2) FUGLY ass crowd, I mean I was gonna puke at some points

3) NO ONE was dancin, just 2 cirlces on the main floor everyone else were like zombies

around 4am, the music got a little better and more people came it which made it crowded and uncomfortable esp. when u r standing around waiting for the party to blow up

I left at 6am cause we were tired and miserable, probably LAMEST party I have been too in a long time....a complete 180 from the last time I was at Crobar which was 2 mos ago for Classics, I guess its time I retire to only goin to Classics parties like the rest of the old skoolers

2 thumbs down...and for the Crobar Mgt...

GIVE THAT ROOM TO TSETTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is all bullshit. Once again I will say Boris is a tribal tech house DJ. So that means for the lenght of his set he is going to spin tribal and tech house. Damn, who would of thought a tribal tech DJ would spin only tribal and tech. Come on people, Boris has a certain sound, and his fans, trust me there out there, love it!!!!! I like Boris. I also love tribal and tech, which has a lot to do with it. Dont get me wrong I've been to Danny Howells, Steve Lawler, Deep Dish, Roger Sanchez all this year. And they all blow Boris out of the water. But trust me, There is a lot worse out there (JP, David Waxman just for example) So please, Boris is doing his thing. He spins some of the best tribal and tech house around, packs crobar to its limits, and has the best crowd in the city at this point and time. Stop hating, and admit he is doing a good job, not great, but good.

Maybe he's trying to reinvent himself. Probably not a bad idea since his usual boom boom sound is terrible and there's never a vibe at his parties. While he's at it, he should work on his technical skills since those are questionable at best. People assume that he's this great DJ b/c he draws crowds when he spins. Not really true though. Crobar basically made Boris who he is. They signed him on as a resident and through successful promoting, were able to establish a strong fan base for him. Has nothing to do with talent.

crobar made boris who he is?

i'm curious how old you are?

also to brain surgeon who said give that room to tsettos, hahahahaha

he couldn't come close to filling that room.

he couldn't even keep tempts filled and the crack head white trash loosers down there had no better options and still he couldn't fill it.

crobar has made a name for itself and will draw a crowd for the venue and rep the club has on it's own.

but it takes a name and a talent to really pack that place over and above the numbers that are going just to go and right now, boris is that name.

crobar has made a name for itself and will draw a crowd for the venue and rep the club has on it's own.

but it takes a name and a talent to really pack that place over and above the numbers that are going just to go and right now, boris is that name.

Crobar indeed has made a name for itself, and that is why its packed to the fucking walls all the time now. Crobar will be filled up usually regardless if its boris or not. I bet half the people in there had no idea who was even spinning, or could name what style of music he was playing.

Regardless, it seems that alot of people call his skills half assed and his track selections weak, so then why does it keep getting packed and packed every weekend ... cause of the name crobar has made for its self. Crobar made boris and if they tossed his ass, and over promoted someone new, they would be the new thing going around town and would eventually be in the hamptons and everywhere else "blowing up" ...

lol at this one..

i wont sit here and defend boris to people....everyone has their likes and dislikes.....it's all personal opinion

but at least know your facts...

crobar did not make boris....were you around for big fridays, carbon and exit...

boris had a big fan base back then ...

crobar is just a big step in terms of marketing and residency....

if you dont like him thats fine....but at least know what your talking about

I still want the name of his management agency.

he does not really use one

he uses one booking agency (CEG) but handles alot of his own stuff.

deniz da meniz does lot of bookings for him as well and handles promotions

and I handle alot of his promotions and some bookings.

we have a great team of guys all friends who are working together to do what we can ..

Crobar indeed has made a name for itself, and that is why its packed to the fucking walls all the time now. Crobar will be filled up usually regardless if its boris or not. I bet half the people in there had no idea who was even spinning, or could name what style of music he was playing.

Regardless, it seems that alot of people call his skills half assed and his track selections weak, so then why does it keep getting packed and packed every weekend ... cause of the name crobar has made for its self. Crobar made boris and if they tossed his ass, and over promoted someone new, they would be the new thing going around town and would eventually be in the hamptons and everywhere else "blowing up" ...

i agree ...crobar def has a base crowd...

but you cannot deny the numbers...and boris' nights consistantly out do anyone who has spun that room ..

5300 is the records for classic party..

and explain packed rooms when he goes on the road, Vegas, Miami, Hamptons ????

While he's at it, he should work on his technical skills since those are questionable at best.

I have to admit that I'm not always crazy about Boris' track selection either, but his technical skills have always been on point. I've been listening to him off and on for 6 + years, and I've never experienced a night where his mixing wasn't tight, or where his programming was way off. He doesn't stand out in my mind as a dj who manipulates and plays around with every track, but he does do it from time to time.

i agree ...crobar def has a base crowd...

but you cannot deny the numbers...and boris' nights consistantly out do anyone who has spun that room ..

5300 is the records for classic party..

and explain packed rooms when he goes on the road, Vegas, Miami, Hamptons ????

This is true, he now has the power to draw large numbers. He does have a long history as a DJ in nyc and other parts of the world. I remember going to hear him admist the buzz he had going back then. So granted he has put in his time and has paid dues to get his name as recognized as it is ..

The last point i will present on this matter is this, when the people in other cities are talkin about him, do you think they are saying ".... yeah and BORIS from CROBAR will be at CLUB XYZ tonight .. yeah i hear he is hot shit in NYC ... I think we should check him out " or they are saying " .... oh and BORIS is spinning tonight, i really love his tech-house/tribal style, last weekend i heard he dropped TRACK XYZ and right there i knew that i had to go out and check him at the hamptons ..."

Im going to say that a good percentage of the crowds he attracts are going to say phrase one in reference to who he is and how they know him.

This is true, he now has the power to draw large numbers. He does have a long history as a DJ in nyc and other parts of the world. I remember going to hear him admist the buzz he had going back then. So granted he has put in his time and has paid dues to get his name as recognized as it is ..

The last point i will present on this matter is this, when the people in other cities are talkin about him, do you think they are saying ".... yeah and BORIS from CROBAR will be at CLUB XYZ tonight .. yeah i hear he is hot shit in NYC ... I think we should check him out " or they are saying " .... oh and BORIS is spinning tonight, i really love his tech-house/tribal style, last weekend i heard he dropped TRACK XYZ and right there i knew that i had to go out and check him at the hamptons ..."

Im going to say that a good percentage of the crowds he attracts are going to say phrase one in reference to who he is and how they know him.

but bottom line is unless you read the minds of everyone from every city in the world you cannot make that statement....ya feel me..

I know exactly what your saying..and shit ...but cmon it is bordering on absurd..

yes crobar helps market his name.....but is that a reason to hate on him ?.......fuck..any dj woudl give their right arm for the oppurtunity that he has gotten ....and if that gets people to come hear him for the first time....well that's the way the business works.....and it is his job to make them come back ....

but like you said ...he has payed his dues...put in work in NYC for many many years and IMO gotten the break he deserves..

who care what phrase they use, as long as they're talking about you.

it's when they stop talking that there is a problem.

this whole thread sucks.

like fast says, doesn't matter if you like him or not.

people need to at least get their facts straight.

for people who say crobar made boris.

i feel bad for you that you you obviously missed big roxy fridays.

without a doubt one of the greatest partys...

also to brain surgeon who said give that room to tsettos, hahahahaha

thanks, but I'm a rocket scientist...get it right

he couldn't come close to filling that room.

you sir forget that Tstettos use to fill EXIT back in the day, when it was at its best, and I also recall hearing Boris at EXIT as well and it was the same boring ass GUSH GUSH GUSH all night long

he couldn't even keep tempts filled and the crack head white trash loosers down there

wtf are you talking about?? white trash losers? its the same B&T crowd that goes to the city moron...and what is Crobar filled with exactly? besides smelly eurotrash and K'ed-out chanks...lmao

that's prob the only smart thing you said...Crobar will be packed even if my 74 year old dad was spinning, like I said earlier, its the only large house party goin on in the city today

...Big Fridays@ Roxy, I guess it was the drugs u were on...I hear they were really good back then