Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Friday night at Curve

mikea3d

I used to always check out Warren Peace and Mr Bob at the Luxor on Thursday nights when I would come to Vegas. I see that they are now at the Curve on Fridays, but I can't seem to find too much information on the place. I'm coming in town this weeekend and was wondering if it is the place to be for hip hop and r&b or is there a better spot on Fridays? Thanks.

I'm surprised that Curve is still open. I never see any advertisements or hear anything about them. This is sad to me because I was one of the people who help open Curve at the Aladdin. Now I see it as being like Bikini's at the Rio.

Man, that's disappointing. The Ra was always slammed when Warren Peace and Mr Bob were there. I loved their show.

So, where would you recommend going on Friday then? I'm looking for an upscale place that is packed and plays strictly hip-hop, r&b, reggae.

If I was you, I would contact DJ Masterweb to be put on the guestlist for OPM inside of the Forum Shops at Caesar's. They spin hop hop on Friday and Saturday so you could go either day and be happy with you decision, either way. Their line get's pretty long so if you don't get on a guest list, you'll be waiting for a really long time.

Another club that spins hip hop on Friday's is Vivid inside of the Venetian. If you decide to go to Vivid, we can take care of you. Send us an e-mail at mr_vip_lasvegas@hotmail.com to tell us your plans and we can work something out.

I went to OPM both nights, and it was everything you guys said it would be. Saturday was crazy!!!

I will definitely be coming back next time I am in town.

If you haven't heard DJ Masterweb spin, you are really missing out.

Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread.

Hey thanks for the nice words. Saturday WAS crazy as hell!! Thanks for coming! Honestly, it never ceases to amaze me how many people hit that spot up on Saturday nights. When I took a short break, I couldn't even see the end of the line from the Balcony at 12:15pm. So I got on the club radio and yelled "LET PEOPLE IN!!" until they screamed back "We would if the club wasn't already completely full!" LOL what a crazy night! Thanks again for rolling through!

Mike, glad OPM rocked it for ya.

OPM doesn't barely get the cred (or pub) that others in town do but hands down it is one of only two clubs in LV that have always been one hell of a good time for me on every visit. Factor in MWs list and a dancefloor crowd that is among the most responsive to the dudes working the decks... well, it's just pretty damn hard to beat.

These days I just can't imagine being in town on a Friday night without going to OPM...

I think the reason OPM doesn't get the same coverage as the other spots is because it's the most NON-Vegas venue in town. People don't generally go there to see a new achievement, expensive decorations, multi-million dollar special effects, a huge dance floor, a killer view (damn you get to see the forum shops), or the hottest models and mainstream celebrities. OPM has always been an underdog and didn't even kick off to success until its second year in existance after it finally indentified and embraced its unique niche. The reason the place works, well for one, is that it employs grassroot promotional people like me who make sure its mentioned everywhere from this forum to everywhere online to ALL over the streets (street credibility is huge right now for the club) to all the hot radio stations to all the big events taking place in town and to all existing customers with weekly personal followups. But the REAL reason OPM works is because it embraces what every other venue in town DOESN'T want... *Minority customers* who are LOYAL, PEACEFUL, MUSICLY EDUCATED, WELL DRESSED and ALL ABOUT THE HIP-HOP SCENE! It's the only INDEPENDENT venue on the strip... brought BY the people FOR the people, and the end result is tremendous word of mouth and repeat business. Since the club enforces such STRICT dress code rules and deploys FRIENDLY but STRONG security presence including hand picked metro police officers on the weekends, you will never see any negative incidents to support some of the initial stigma that surrounds a true hip-hop spot. Oh and the ultimate reason the club works is that OPM focuses on the music - you don't see supermodels djs who look great but can't spin for their life - instead you always get a good product if you love hip-hop ---- and finally every person who comes in there now feels the club does care about them - groups of ladies are offered free seats early with no bottles or fees, every lady drinks free bubbly til midnight, and fellas know there will always be a ton of ladies (5:1 or more) early so everyone wins!!

OPM is, and will be for a very long time, the top club for hip hop in Las Vegas. We can honestly say that OPM is one of the few clubs that doesn't follow the rest of the clubs which play mashup's, just because they're popular. OPM stays with hip hop and therefore keeps their hip hop audience.