Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pvd @ Ice - 12/30/05

e_bomb

Hey all - just saw this on his website......

Couple things - thinking about coming in from NY for this and can't get into Vegas until 10pm. What time do the "headliners" usually go on at ICE and how long a set do they spin over there?

Do they offer VIP/bottle service so I can just go right to the front of line, etc? How much. If I have to go right from the airport to the club, I want shit to go smooth and waiting on a line for hours (PVD here in NY gets ridiculously long) is not something I want to do.

Thanks in advance.

For that night I doubt PVD would go on before 1am. Last few times I've been to TGIF, Glaude hasn't even gone on before that time. I don't rightly remember what time Tiesto went on for Memorial Day, but I'm pretty sure it was closer to 2am. I don't wear a watch and didn't carry my phone that night, and didn't really care about what time it was. :hoparound

If you're getting in late then bottles would be the only way to avoid the line. Given the date and the headliner, I'd say you're probably looking at a 2-bottle minimum. They'll surely be selling tickets in advance, so the question is whether it's worth spending 1.5 hours in line (assuming you get there around 11:30) or spending $700+ on bottle service.

If your party is small (2-3 people) then I'd recommend talking up VIP hosts to see who can get you in the door with basic line passes. You might be able to swing that for $150 per person, provided you can guarantee you're there by midnight.

In any event oughtta be a great weekend for trance lovers with Tiesto bringing his stage show to town the next night.

I can't speak with as much authority as a local, but I do make about 10 trips a year to LV and rarely do I spend an evening without at least one major nightclub spot. And not once have I experienced the kinds of lines and crowds that I've run into in Chicago, Boston, NYC, Miami or London.

My personal experience is that Vegas club lines are usually a lot more dependent on the night/holiday, the club itself or a big event in town than it is on the headliner. I'd say it's a safe bet that come the 30th, the line for PVD at ICE will still be shorter than the line at Pure with their residents.

I think the longest I ever waited in line at a Vegas club was perhaps an hour and twenty minutes at RA about 3-4 years ago for a DJ Irene gig. Thing is, I didn't get there until about 11:30 and it was spring break week; very few people in line had any clue who was spinning, let alone who DJ Irene was. Very late that night I talked to a few bart and door staff and I seem to recall they said they opened around 10pm that night and they already had a giant line of spring breakers.

Comparatively, this spring I was in town when Roger Sanchez was spinning at ICE on an average Saturday night; no big holiday weekend, no fight or other big event in town. I arrived right around midnight and waited no more than 10 minutes. Granted, he's not nearly the mainstream name that is Oakie, Tiesto or PVD, but he's still pretty big among knowledgable clubbers.

Thing with ICE is that it's fucking HUGE. To be honest, when a guy like PVD is spinning there the difficulty is less about getting in than it is getting a decent spot on the dancefloor in the arena. If you're really a big PVD guy, then I'd definitely recommend dropping the cash for a table in the arena. Not only will you not have to worry about getting in, but you'll have plenty of room to dance... and so will any of the women you invite to your table.

I can't speak with as much authority as a local, but I do make about 10 trips a year to LV and rarely do I spend an evening without at least one major nightclub spot. And not once have I experienced the kinds of lines and crowds that I've run into in Chicago, Boston, NYC, Miami or London.

My personal experience is that Vegas club lines are usually a lot more dependent on the night/holiday, the club itself or a big event in town than it is on the headliner. I'd say it's a safe bet that come the 30th, the line for PVD at ICE will still be shorter than the line at Pure with their residents.

I think the longest I ever waited in line at a Vegas club was perhaps an hour and twenty minutes at RA about 3-4 years ago for a DJ Irene gig. Thing is, I didn't get there until about 11:30 and it was spring break week; very few people in line had any clue who was spinning, let alone who DJ Irene was. Very late that night I talked to a few bart and door staff and I seem to recall they said they opened around 10pm that night and they already had a giant line of spring breakers.

Comparatively, this spring I was in town when Roger Sanchez was spinning at ICE on an average Saturday night; no big holiday weekend, no fight or other big event in town. I arrived right around midnight and waited no more than 10 minutes. Granted, he's not nearly the mainstream name that is Oakie, Tiesto or PVD, but he's still pretty big among knowledgable clubbers.

Thing with ICE is that it's fucking HUGE. To be honest, when a guy like PVD is spinning there the difficulty is less about getting in than it is getting a decent spot on the dancefloor in the arena. If you're really a big PVD guy, then I'd definitely recommend dropping the cash for a table in the arena. Not only will you not have to worry about getting in, but you'll have plenty of room to dance... and so will any of the women you invite to your table.

Thanks - I figure if I can get this 7pm flight out of NY and land in Vegas at 10pm, I can shag ass over to ICE and be on line by 11.30. I just emailed the VIP host at ICE and he says PVD would prob go on 2-5. I'd rather just drop the cash, get in quick and hassle free, get my drink on and let Paul kick my ass.

Thanks again - hope to see some of you there!@

Dude.... Greenie.... If you think that ICE is a huge venue, please totally come and check out SPUNDAE or GIANT/AVALON out here, especially since SPUNDAE just expanded, now to me that is huge and it still gets hella packed even more so if it is a headliner.:)

You are correct, and I should have clarified myself... I was really just speaking in terms of Vegas, especially with regards to the size of the lines outside. Lines at ICE always look worse than they actually are, compared to the opposite at other clubs around town. (for example, the global opposite at Tangerine)

If you really want to get technical I'm sure Pure has more total square feet, but in terms of the biggest main room, the arena and connected bar level at ICE is definitely "fucking huge" for Vegas. ;)

But yeah I've been to a few gigs at Circus and Avalon and their main areas are certainly bigger, and if you count the balcony at the Ford theater, main room gigs there are bigger. There are bigger venues all over the world, sure.