Clubplanet Nightlife Community

aim/yahoo

stymie

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was born in canada.. i'm an american citizen..

?

...when people use words like "home" and "i'm such and such", i like to hear elaboration...i'm first generation and consider the US my home...i say i'm Greek-American...home for me is where I was born and raised...just wondering why you consider yourself "Indian" and call India home?...just curious...not judging...everyone is different...

dude i'm kidding, i'm not having an arranged marriage. although i did tell the people at work i was having one so this guy would stop hitting on me.

although i don't think that they're all bad. I just don't think I could have one, and my parents have always said we can marry whoever we want. (but they'd prefer the guys be indian)

people marry for different reasons, some for security, some for love, some for loneliness, others for money... all depends on what you think a marriage is for and about...

my parents had an arranged marriage, and they had the happiest marriage out of any couples i've ever seen. not saying they all work out like that, because they definitely don't.... but it's not impossible for it to work out, depends on your mindset going into it.

...when people use words like "home" and "i'm such and such", i like to hear elaboration...i'm first generation and consider the US my home...i say i'm Greek-American...home for me is where I was born and raised...just wondering why you consider yourself "Indian" and call India home?...just curious...not judging...everyone is different...

because no matter what, i'll always be considered a foreigner here. People always see or hear my name, they ask where i'm from, if i say dc, that's not what they mean, they mean what country... they see my skin, it's the same thing... If i go to india, i'm a foreigner there, you can tell from the way i walk, talk and act, that i was not raised there. My roots are from india, the values and customs that i grew up with are indian. But in my family, i'm considered too "american"....

because no matter what, i'll always be considered a foreigner here. People always see or hear my name, they ask where i'm from, if i say dc, that's not what they mean, they mean what country... they see my skin, it's the same thing... If i go to india, i'm a foreigner there, you can tell from the way i walk, talk and act, that i was not raised there. My roots are from india, the values and customs that i grew up with are indian. But in my family, i'm considered too "american"....

Would you possible date a latin man then, since skin color is about the same for latin and indian?

...sounds like my dad's problem...in the US he has a Greek accent...in Greece, he has an American accent...he doesnt "belong" in either country...sounds like you've had some strife with it at points in your life - that's too bad...you seem like a person that should just be seen as that, a person...do like mimi says, shake it off....sh sh sh shake it off...jk...

...sounds like my dad's problem...in the US he has a Greek accent...in Greece, he has an American accent...he doesnt "belong" in either country...sounds like you've had some strife with it at points in your life - that's too bad...you seem like a person that should just be seen as that, a person...do like mimi says, shake it off....sh sh sh shake it off...jk...

it's not such a struggle anymore, but when i was younger, it was kind of confusing..

i just call europe home cause it pisses americans off..especially cause i speak english w/o an accent...total mindfuck for them