Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Mets licked balls this year

calebdead

but honestly, i really dont see what management has done that is so noteworthy. again they signed pedro because they were the highest bidders. they couldnt get delgado. they couldnt get the manny deal done. they traded away a 1b prospect for minky. they overpaid benson. beltran too. i forgot who signed matsui. and cameron wasnt exactly noteworthy. and their bullpen is filled with has-beens or has-never-beens, whatever.

minaya is so overrated.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you gys reember justin huber?

I just came across a Baseball America article and found something on the kid:

First Base: Justin Huber, Royals

Another part of the Mets diaspora, Huber filled his trophy closet this year, taking home both the Futures Game and Double-A Texas League MVP awards. He also reached the majors and could be a major part of the Royals’ significant rebuilding project. While his catching days appear to be behind him, Huber’s power and patience have made him Australia’s best hitting product since former all-star David Nilsson.

part of the bensen deal, i believe

you gys reember justin huber?

I just came across a Baseball America article and found something on the kid:

First Base: Justin Huber, Royals

Another part of the Mets diaspora, Huber filled his trophy closet this year, taking home both the Futures Game and Double-A Texas League MVP awards. He also reached the majors and could be a major part of the Royals’ significant rebuilding project. While his catching days appear to be behind him, Huber’s power and patience have made him Australia’s best hitting product since former all-star David Nilsson.

part of the bensen deal, i believe

royals rebuilding project...:laugh:

but honestly, i really dont see what management has done that is so noteworthy. again they signed pedro because they were the highest bidders. they couldnt get delgado. they couldnt get the manny deal done. they traded away a 1b prospect for minky. they overpaid benson. beltran too. i forgot who signed matsui. and cameron wasnt exactly noteworthy. and their bullpen is filled with has-beens or has-never-beens, whatever.

minaya is so overrated.

yet...they finished third in the only division in baseball that didnt have a team under .500. with this decrepid team they were in the race until early september.

i bet the yanks are thankful they have 60 of their games against their division foes who cant produce a winning record. put the yanks in a harder division, see if they win 95 games...

you're not making any sense here...

two of those guys barely played for us...Ishii was a huge bust, I'll give you that...Trachsel has been with the Mets for how long now and when has he had a bad season

so where has this new management been bringing in "deteriorating veterans" besides role players?

I was giving a few examples, then I backed up what I originally wrote with more examples. caleb basically summed up the rest of the squad and proved what I was saying

make sense yet?

well, pedro, believe it or not is deteriorating. thats why nobody was willing to go 3 years with him(untill boston stepped up with a 3 year offer at the last minute) nevermind 4 years...benson is also on the decline...matter of fact, i dont remember him being on the incline. the reason mets management overpaid for him was so that they would at least have something to show for that wiggington trade. glavine, trachsel, seriously, wheres the youthful pitching? even heilman is getting up there and he's the youngest 'starter'. there really is absolutely nothing fresh or new with regards to pitching. and thats exactly what you need

the entire bullpen is on the decline too...heredia, koo, looper, graves, ishii....maybe padilla is one guy that can bring youth but who knows what will happen once he plays a full season?

the hitting is whats exciting about this team. reyes, wright, floyd, beltran(not this season though), jacobs(great swing), and maybe even diaz. its too bad you couldnt sign delgado though. and once they bring up the kid milledge, things get get really going offensively...

here you go again nomember....just in case you didnt read it the first time of course

yet...they finished third in the only division in baseball that didnt have a team under .500. with this decrepid team they were in the race until early september.

i bet the yanks are thankful they have 60 of their games against their division foes who cant produce a winning record. put the yanks in a harder division, see if they win 95 games...

You also got to play 32 games against the NL west where all the teams sucked.

AL East isnt a tough division?

royals rebuilding project...:laugh:

yeah i bet the royals are laughing at your payroll and your 4th place finish

tampa bay must be laughing too with kazmir.

zambrano even starting next year? oh because kazmir is on his way to becoming one of the top lefties in the game

good game, sir.

yeah i bet the royals are laughing at your payroll and your 4th place finish

tampa bay must be laughing too with kazmir.

zambrano even starting next year? oh because kazmir is on his way to becoming one of the top lefties in the game

good game, sir.

at least he pitched and won a few games...how about the signing of pavano and wright. those were part of the genius yankees plan at world domination.

what u dont seem to realize is every team makes trades they regret...even the yanks. just cuz u bring the same one up (that the mets did) continuosly doesnt make it the worst one ever. it just means u are running out of amunition.

well, pedro, believe it or not is deteriorating. thats why nobody was willing to go 3 years with him(untill boston stepped up with a 3 year offer at the last minute) nevermind 4 years...benson is also on the decline...matter of fact, i dont remember him being on the incline. the reason mets management overpaid for him was so that they would at least have something to show for that wiggington trade. glavine, trachsel, seriously, wheres the youthful pitching? even heilman is getting up there and he's the youngest 'starter'. there really is absolutely nothing fresh or new with regards to pitching. and thats exactly what you need...

talk about fresh pitching. the yanks signed randy johnson to a 3 year contract and he is way older than pedro. at least pedro isnt over 40 and has a bad knee.

lmao....ok guy

two of the best teams in baseball year after year and a couple others that get beat up by those teams but still manage .500

whatever

yeah, with 3 teams under .500.

add it up.

there are only 2 good teams in your division. that doesnt make it tough. it makes it mediocre.

at least he pitched and won a few games...how about the signing of pavano and wright. those were part of the genius yankees plan at world domination.

what u dont seem to realize is every team makes trades they regret...even the yanks. just cuz u bring the same one up (that the mets did) continuosly doesnt make it the worst one ever. it just means u are running out of amunition.

lolololol what you may not realize is we sign pretty much everybody we can get our hands on lately. did pavano get hurt? yeah so what, we had a scrub named aaron small step in. did wright get hurt and suck all season? again, yeah but we had some rockie scrub named chacon step in and help us make the playoffs. dont you get it? even when everyting is stacked against us we still do better than you.

i believe RJ was a two year deal. and he at least had a winning fucking record. and you have committed more money to a guy(glavine) that cant stand pitching without a thing called QWESTEC.

and are you kidding me? practically every trade/signing that youve made the last 5 years has been dogshit. you cant get it right