Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DRESS CODE for the NBA

lolahotass

Should there be a dress code in the NBA??  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a dress code in the NBA??

• YES! They are high paid professionals and should act/dress like it.
    • NO! They are adults and can act/dress the way they want!
    • Yo throw me my gold chain dawwwwg.. ITS A RACIAL THING!!!
    • WHO CARES, they're all thugs anyway!!!!!!!! EXCEPT STEVE NASH. LOL

I PERSONALLY believe that there should be a dress code for all major sports teams. First of all, the team owners should have done this YEARS ago. You are a high paid professional businessman, DRESS LIKE IT. They fly on charter flights and get a luxury bus trip to the arena. Whoopdie doo that you have to wear a sport jacket OFF THE BUS. You mean its that big of a deal? come on now.

I think all sports teams (not just the NBA) should have their players dress appropriately. Even if players do NOT want to be role-models, they are being looked at by people of all race, color, creed and age. At least set an example by dressing decent.

Those players wouldn't dress that way if they were going to church to worship.. why go to a game where you make $2398923823023 for 60 minutes of playing a sport you love?

I don't get it. Even if I was allowed to wear whatever I wanted, I'd still not dress like white trash (even if i am. lol).. I'm a professional with a career and I dress the part.

Okay my rant is over. Anyway, huge kudo's to DAVID STERN and the PLAYERS ASSOCIATION for putting this dress code in place!

:D

they have a dress code...when they are wearing the uniform on the court. the new rules are bullshit, like telling someone how to dress when they are going home from the office.

When they are injured and on the bench they ARE at work. When they are on the TEAM plane they ARE at work. Nobody is telling them how to dress whilst in their cars on their way to the arena. But when they get there they better be in the proper attire.

The owners pay their inflated salaries. The least they can do is look decent at work.

....this whole issue is just plain retarded.... sports is essentially a blue-collar job....(unless ofcourse we are talking about golf).....if we are going to ask basketball players to dress as office workers, why stop there?....make construction workers show up in "business casual" too...i mean, wont we feel good knowing our roads and houses are built by people who act professional ??...i mean, those flannel and boots just dont cut it....dont you think ?..... lol ...

...i can see where some would feel this as a race issue...first, its the age requirement to play....where is the uproar in activities dominated by the affluent?....like golf, ice skating or tennis ?.... and please dont tell me its the lifespan of a said career thats dictated by age....last i checked, martina navratilova and andre agassi are still competitive....whats good for the goose........so to speak....

...lets be serious for a second, in your heart of hearts, you know there is an underlying factor as to why this came into play....there is a chunk of the population who feel slighted to see some kid straight out of the ghetto with no formal education to speak of making more money than a guy who went to an ivy league school for 4 or six years....you honestly think artest or jackson are going to be mellow or "socially acceptable" by wearing some business casual attire ????.....i got to tell you, if you think going to a sporting event is justified by people dressed in a certain manner during the walk into the arena or during the post game interview...or sitting on a bench with a cast...you are not a fan of the said sport...you are a goddamn poser....you might as well take up knitting or cooking.....

....its becoming a trend imo, take for instance the nfl outlawing do-rags and saying its ok to wear a skull cap....that was a targeted move....you know to who.... whats next?...tats, ...corn rows,...knee length shorts....

...that said, i hope fans jam stadiums and arenas in masses because the players are now dressed in a civil manner.....i'm really hoping so, because last i heard, "the man makes the clothes look good", not the other way around....

...fucking grandstanding at its best......

....just to add....the biggest corporation scandals in america like....worldcom,...arthur andersen,...enron..... those debacles were not caused by guys dressed like "thugs"....surprise surprise!!....those fuckers were clad in $3,500 dollar armani suits....people not only lost their jobs/careers...they lost their 401k plans too.... anyone think those employees would have faired better if their CEO's wore something different...

what a joke.... lol ...

....just to add....the biggest corporation scandals in america like....worldcom,...arthur andersen,...enron..... those debacles were not caused by guys dressed like "thugs"....surprise surprise!!....those fuckers were clad in $3,500 dollar armani suits....people not only lost their jobs/careers...they lost their 401k plans too.... anyone think those employees would have faired better if their CEO's wore something different...

what a joke.... lol ...

Yeah and in the Bloods and Crips they dress business casual, right? No they dress exactly like Allen Iverson. And how do $3,500 dollar suits compare to $200K-$500K neclaces? Maybe the NBA doesn't want their young fans seeing how guys like A.I. and Stephen Jackson dress very similar to the gangs on their corner...

Its funny, these owners and the NBA can shell out millions in contracts and endorsements to these players, but the minute they ask for alittle professionalism, they get branded racists. How backwards is that?

Who are these players trying to show off for anyway? Jesus, youre only at the arena for a few hours, the least you can do is look like you have alittle respect. Not like a thug.

...i can see where some would feel this as a race issue...first, its the age requirement to play....where is the uproar in activities dominated by the affluent?....like golf, ice skating or tennis ?.........

Actually its more of a CHARACTER issue. Its pretty well documented that NBA and NFL players are the most likely to get into trouble. That is why it needs to be regulated in a way that it is. Sorry, but act like an animal and get treated like one. Thats just the way it is. There is no 'uproar' -as you put it- in Golf, tennis, etc. because there isnt a nary of problems in these sports. For the very most part the players act professional and mature. Remember I said for the most part.

Its funny, these owners and the NBA can shell out millions in contracts and endorsements to these players, but the minute they ask for alittle professionalism, they get branded racists. How backwards is that?

Who are these players trying to show off for anyway? Jesus, youre only at the arena for a few hours, the least you can do is look like you have alittle respect. Not like a thug.

yeah....the fact that the race card is actually being played here is disgusting

Actually its more of a CHARACTER issue. Its pretty well documented that NBA and NFL players are the most likely to get into trouble. That is why it needs to be regulated in a way that it is. Sorry, but act like an animal and get treated like one. Thats just the way it is. There is no 'uproar' -as you put it- in Golf, tennis, etc. because there isnt a nary of problems in these sports. For the very most part the players act professional and mature. Remember I said for the most part.

...dude, you are a walking contradiction....i dont even know how you decide what shoes to wear when you get dressed...

...pretty well documented.. my ass .... so because a few misguided elements have a propensity to act out their wild side is justification enough to pass across the board stifling rules ??...... i dont know about you, sounds like profiling to me...

...there you go again talking out of your ass again....the NBA is the owners, league office and the players union collectively...the owners shell out million dollar contracts. the NBA and the owners dont shell out endorsement contracts, advertisers do...

...and so you know, these players get these absurd contracts and endorsements because of their skills.....bottom line, the NBA is not a charitable organization, so we all know the involved parties profit from the association....

...poker on tv draws a better rating than the nba games.....and you think enforcing a stringent attire code is gonna fix that ??....dude, why dont you solve the national deficit while you are at it.....

...there you go again talking out of your ass again....the NBA is the owners, league office and the players union collectively...the owners shell out million dollar contracts. the NBA and the owners dont shell out endorsement contracts, advertisers do...

...and so you know, these players get these absurd contracts and endorsements because of their skills.....bottom line, the NBA is not a charitable organization, so we all know the involved parties profit from the association....

...poker on tv draws a better rating than the nba games.....and you think enforcing a stringent attire code is gonna fix that ??....dude, why dont you solve the national deficit while you are at it.....

'there you go again talking out of your ass again'....

listen, you redundant fuck: I don't hear these niggers saying anything when theyre receiving huge contracts. THATS IT. I didnt bother reading the rest of, what was likely a rambling how it is unfair and racist to enforce a dress code, post.

ok actually i read the poker reference because I am a fan...Anyway, who says that the NBA is installing a dress code to garner better t.v. ratings? what the fuck are you even talking about? do you really believe that david stern thinks if he gets allen iverson to wear a pair of slacks that people will autmatically tune in to watch the NBA finals in record numbers?

...dude, you are a walking contradiction....i dont even know how you decide what shoes to wear when you get dressed...

...pretty well documented.. my ass .... so because a few misguided elements have a propensity to act out their wild side is justification enough to pass across the board stifling rules ??...... i dont know about you, sounds like profiling to me...

Of course its profiling, you dumbshit. Who the fuck said it wasnt? Listen NBA players have been getting out of line for awhile now. Time to put those darkies in line. Stop your fucking whining. You sound like an inspid, whiny little bitch.