Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roger Sanchez Review

Place was a mob scene. Only could get 1 comp for the 2nd week in a row now. This is some Bullshit. Roger started off really slow, but at 2 he started ripping it. Played a lot of tribal beats, and of course his vocal bombs. But what surprised me was, he played a good amount of electro. Highlight of the night was when he dropped MTV and Foort - Bleeep. At the 2nd build up and break, the club went bananas. Def the best track of the night based on Crowd frency. He also dropped Masi and Mello - Come play, I know its good for Halloween, but the track put the club asleep. no one was dancing, and the track just sucks, Halloween or not. At about 7 he got really weird. Played very trancy, never heard Roger like that before. IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!!!! Roger if you read this, please cut it out with the trancy stuff. No good man, no good. So from about 7 till I left at 830 the music was god awful. But he did ripp it nasty from 2 - 7. He prob picked it up again after I had left. I hope anyway. Oh yea he also did a nasty acca of diamond life, over the beat from Made and Sax - Im coming up, sounded really good. All and all had a great time, I always do for Roger. Def not one of his better nights, last month he was the best I heard from him since the terrace party at space at the 2005 WMC, people who were there know what im talkin bout.

Rayrays, how many times did you interrupt his set asking for track names? Heard from a very reliable source that at one point you actually lifted up his right earphone and yelled at him b/c tapping on his shoulder was not getting his attention.

Yea man that was me, but it only happened once, everything else he played I had, so there was no need for me to ask him. But I took your advice and asked the source himself, because I know all you assholes on here take offense to track ids. And what do you know, he was more than happy to give a fan the track ID, he even offered to burn it for me right there. What a great guy. Too bad you muthfuckas on here are not like that. The world would be a better place.

All I did was ask if anybody new the name of the track, and I get bashed, and im the problem with the board. Please get a life you motherfucker. I would like to bash your head in right now, I have beaten people for a lot less than this. Please dont band me from the board for this, this asshole just really pissed me off. I apolgize to everyone else.

Yea man that was me, but it only happened once, everything else he played I had, so there was no need for me to ask him. But I took your advice and asked the source himself, because I know all you assholes on here take offense to track ids. And what do you know, he was more than happy to give a fan the track ID, he even offered to burn it for me right there. What a great guy. Too bad you muthfuckas on here are not like that. The world would be a better place.

not everybody rayray...me and you are cool and I am on your side. after all you were only asking for a track id...i don't see what the big deal was.

glad you had fun

not everybody rayray...me and you are cool and I am on your side. after all you were only asking for a track id...i don't see what the big deal was.

glad you had fun

Thanks bro, Hey if these 2 assholes get joy out of me thats awesome, Im glad I can bring Joy to some people in any way possible. And ghost thats great you have ur masters, I hope you have put it to great use. I wish u all the best, both of you.

was anyone by the main bar under the mezzanine when it rained beer and puke? ew... people, you really have to get your shit together... this was about as nasty as michael aliq pissing off the balcony of limelight... that was our memory of the night...lol

i never heard any electro either, i would have been waaay happy - instead i heard an average set by a man that usualy blows me away... got there at 2am left at 7am

we loved the voo doo theme though... especially the Haitian artwork on the monitors... great job for pulling a theme together!

i was there form about 2 (actually 1 till 7) he was def rippin it ..... NOW IM NOT TRYING TO CAUSE ANY DRAMA.... BUT I NEED TO ADRESS SOMETHING

He also dropped Masi and Mello - Come play, I know its good for Halloween, but the track put the club asleep. no one was dancing, and the track just sucks, Halloween or not. At

NOT KOOL... as a producer my self .... i know not everyone is going to be into what i do ... but for someone to say that a track straight sucks is PURE IGNORANCE.. AND THAT PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF... NEXT TIME U SAY A TRACK SUCKS... JUST THINK OF WHAT GOES INTO THE ACTUAL PRODUCTION..... ALL THOSE HOURS AND ALL THAT MONEY ON THE RIGHT GEAR..... UR INTITLED TO UR OPINION... POST IT IN A PROFESSIONAL WAY... PRODUCERS AND DJS ARE PEOPLE TO....... not to mention that roger is an INNOVATER AND HE MUST SEE SOMETHING IN THEM TO BE PLAYING ONE OF THERE TRACKS.......... JUST CHECK THE TRACKLIST FOR HIS LATEST COMPILATION WITH SUPERCHUMBO......

i was there form about 2 (actually 1 till 7) he was def rippin it ..... NOW IM NOT TRYING TO CAUSE ANY DRAMA.... BUT I NEED TO ADRESS SOMETHING

He also dropped Masi and Mello - Come play, I know its good for Halloween, but the track put the club asleep. no one was dancing, and the track just sucks, Halloween or not. At

NOT KOOL... as a producer my self .... i know not everyone is going to be into what i do ... but for someone to say that a track straight sucks is PURE IGNORANCE.. AND THAT PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF... NEXT TIME U SAY A TRACK SUCKS... JUST THINK OF WHAT GOES INTO THE ACTUAL PRODUCTION..... ALL THOSE HOURS AND ALL THAT MONEY ON THE RIGHT GEAR..... UR INTITLED TO UR OPINION... POST IT IN A PROFESSIONAL WAY... PRODUCERS AND DJS ARE PEOPLE TO....... not to mention that roger is an INNOVATER AND HE MUST SEE SOMETHING IN THEM TO BE PLAYING ONE OF THERE TRACKS.......... JUST CHECK THE TRACKLIST FOR HIS LATEST COMPILATION WITH SUPERCHUMBO......

Your right, what I should of said was that the track is not my taste, and it really didnt go over well with the crobar crowd either.

yo, im not mad at anyone . JUST TRYING TO MAKE MY POINT..... just be professional in how u say things... I THINK SOME TRACKs SUCK TOO... just be kool about it... i rather someone say to me " i'm not feeling it or its not for me "... then that sucks... that sucks is harsh... keep in mind we make tracks and dj for ........U..... THE PEOPLE... i would love to make everyone happy ... but that just aint happining...... BTW this board needs a sarcasim detecter......... im going to crobar tonight to see David GUETTA........ ANYONE ELSE??????/

ALSO..... I SERIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE QUOTE BUTTON IS.............

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

lol! Good going Cheyne.

Fellas... It's all good! For real!!! This post is not about Mello and I or our track! I can't get mad if someone thinks my track SUCKS! Everyone is entitled to have his or her own opinion.

Cheyne, I appreciate you looking out for us. As for our track, the bottom line is that Roger did rock it! That's all I care about. I'm not one of Rogers good friends or anything. He didn't play the song to just hook me up. I wasn't even there to hear it. If he played it... He likes it! It is what it is. What’s one mans garbage is another mans pot of gold!

As a producer, you make what you feel. It will never appease everyone. That's the way we expressed ourselves in that particular song. I think that track is HOT as hell! That's me... but then again, I made it so I’m bias.

If the song was unprofessionally produced then you can say it SUCKS! It's very good work, it's original, and it happens to be doing very well for us right now. That’s pretty obvious. People don't agree with a lot of the tracks we make. Others may love them. That's fine. We've been hearing criticism on our music since the day we started. Trust me... We're used to it by now! If I listened to what people said and actually took it to heart, I would have turned in my studio a long time ago.

Criticism is great but… What matters is whose mouth the criticism is coming from. In this case I take it as the criticism being GREAT because the criticism came from Rodger being the dj that played my track at Crobar! It doesn’t get much better than that! Thanx for your support and ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS! :)

lol! Good going Cheyne.

Fellas... It's all good! For real!!! This post is not about Mello and I or our track! I can't get mad if someone thinks my track SUCKS! Everyone is entitled to have his or her own opinion.

Cheyne, I appreciate you looking out for us. As for our track, the bottom line is that Roger did rock it! That's all I care about. I'm not one of Rogers good friends or anything. He didn't play the song to just hook me up. I wasn't even there to hear it. If he played it... He likes it! It is what it is. What’s one mans garbage is another mans pot of gold!

As a producer, you make what you feel. It will never appease everyone. That's the way we expressed ourselves in that particular song. I think that track is HOT as hell! That's me... but then again, I made it so I’m bias.

If the song was unprofessionally produced then you can say it SUCKS! It's very good work, it's original, and it happens to be doing very well for us right now. That’s pretty obvious. People don't agree with a lot of the tracks we make. Others may love them. That's fine. We've been hearing criticism on our music since the day we started. Trust me... We're used to it by now! If I listened to what people said and actually took it to heart, I would have turned in my studio a long time ago.

Criticism is great but… What matters is whose mouth the criticism is coming from. In this case I take it as the criticism being GREAT because the criticism came from Rodger being the dj that played my track at Crobar! It doesn’t get much better than that! Thanx for your support and ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS! :)

Well put, Not everybody can like everything.