Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mets Make Blockbuster Trade

nomembername

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont forget Manny, Burnett, and Konerko

.......seems like the Manaya is taking out a page of the ole Steinbrenner offseason notebook

you knew the Mets were gonna look to spend whatever it takes to put a winning team on the field this year, especially with their new tv deal they have.

getting delgado will push Beltran back to the 2 hole where hopefully it will take some pressure off of him and he can have a bounce back year. To me Wagner is still the key. They have to do whatever it takes to sign him.

I read an interesting article where the Mets get lucky and don't even have to pay a luxury tax this year no matter what they spend thanks to a little clause in the last agreement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2232133

you knew the Mets were gonna look to spend whatever it takes to put a winning team on the field this year, especially with their new tv deal they have.

getting delgado will push Beltran back to the 2 hole where hopefully it will take some pressure off of him and he can have a bounce back year. To me Wagner is still the key. They have to do whatever it takes to sign him.

I read an interesting article where the Mets get lucky and don't even have to pay a luxury tax this year no matter what they spend thanks to a little clause in the last agreement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2232133

I think the whole pursuit over Wagner is a little overblown

Think about it for a second....yes he's a top 10 closer but he's ALWAYS injured

just seems a little risky to me

I think the whole pursuit over Wagner is a little overblown

Think about it for a second....yes he's a top 10 closer but he's ALWAYS injured

just seems a little risky to me

always injured? is that code for injured in 2004?

he's the best closer on the market. he had 5 less saves than mariano rivera and 7 more strikeouts. he throws 100 heat...risky? c'mon..

always injured? is that code for injured in 2004?

he's the best closer on the market. he had 5 less saves than mariano rivera and 7 more strikeouts. he throws 100 heat...risky? c'mon..

wow....no one accused you of never reading a stat sheet and believing everything you read in the Post. You're right about him being the best closer on the market, but having a good year last year doesnt hide the fact that for the past 8 or so years before that he was battling time on the DL

Ask the Red Sox if signing an oft-injured closer who blows it up if its worth it...

wow you guys are like the yanks. Good job. Now I hope to god we can rape what is left of your farm so you can take manny.

sick lineup with manny (assuming we get floyd in the deal.)

reyes

beltran

manny

delgado

wright

matsui ?

rf'er

catcher(molina)

pitcher

wow you guys are like the yanks. Good job. Now I hope to god we can rape what is left of your farm so you can take manny.

sick lineup with manny (assuming we get floyd in the deal.)

reyes

beltran

manny

delgado

wright

matsui ?

rf'er

catcher(molina)

pitcher

our farm team is still in decent shape and we dont want manny