Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mets Make Blockbuster Trade

nomembername

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most users ever online was 1,548, 02-01-04 at 06:08 PM.

oldtimer, astenback, cubano43, djfrosty, drlogic, erickamikaze, ghhhhhost, goldpony, groovefire, josemanti24, juicebyu19, kaydup, kitty0108, kken, lisatodaro69, mahrune, mateito, Mrgroove, MRJR, nj2la, nomembername, ou812, outofthebox, shaggief, skylab, sotuorlando, southof5th, Spragga, yankd145

OK it's official...

um, i was signed off CP. of course my name wasn't there before. i don't do FSN's.

Ante is loving this right now...he was able to push one of his off on me. it's cool!

guess my ass was handed to me

um, i was signed off CP. of course my name wasn't there before. i don't do FSN's.

Ante is loving this right now...he was able to push one of his off on me. it's cool!

guess my ass was handed to me

yea cause thats me :rolleyes:

like i never made fun of jon with my regular screen name..

dude you are quite pathetic today

:blown:

not trying to shoot you down...

at first i was just trying to have a baseball discussion with you until you turned it in to this..

have a good night. when you're ready to talk baseball again let me know

lol...baseball discussion my ass

it was till you started taking digs at me and then got sent back to dog town. get your rest sweetheart

Actually, I think the trade for Beckett was one of the best I've seen recently. They got one of the best young arms in baseball in Beckett without having to give up their two best: Lester and Palpebon. If they can properly develop those two along with Craig Hansen, then Boston will have built a young pitching foundation that I envy.

Lowell is definitley expensive but he is one of the best defensive third basemen and even though he had a bad year offensively (he came on in the second half) hitting in Fenway will absolutely help him. His numbers will definitely improve.

The Delgado trade wasn't bad either. First of all, Mike Jacobs is fucking garbage. The guy is 25 years old and he was still in AA last season. He's like Sean Henn. A 25 year old lefty (except he's a pitcher) who wasn't even good enough for triple A. Jacobs' new teammate Miguel Cabrera was in AA when he was about 10 years old. Winning a world series when he was 20. Battling for batting titles at 22. The Mets wont miss Jacobs. Delgado is a .300/30/115 player. And he's only about 5 or 6 years older than Jacobs. Seriously who the fuck cares. The Mets might miss Petit since he was their best pitching prospect (not much of one, nut nevertheless). Anyway, the Mets spent alot of money this season (so far) and with Mazzone out of ATL (the main reason they won all those division titles was their pitching) they better saddle the fuck up and take that division down.

btw, I wonder when the Yankees will figure out that all of those ATL pitchers that we've signed over the years were direct products of Mazzone and wouldn't have had career years anywhere else.

I figured that out this past season. I guess the Yankees haven't.

Winter meetings start today.