Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DEATH of VINYL, Record SHopS, Real Djing

with their DVD Decks, and DJ's will always go for putting 4x or 8x as much music on one disc. Plus from what I hear the quality is supposed to be better. Artists are going that direction too, releasing CD/DVDs instead of just CDs in order to compete with digital piracy. On another anti-CD note: Have any of you ever heard of or experienced CD rot? that's when you get little pin holes in the top foil layer of the CD and the laser doesn't reflect back through the dye correctly. If you don't believe me do a search on CD Rot, you'll see. My personal opinion: Vinyl: Tough, Tested, Trusted. trust a CD, never- at least with vinyl you know if it has a scratch, CD's will play one night and skip the next just because of a finger smudge- I look at each one and make sure they are as clean as possible b4 playing them to hopefully prevent a skip. And Vinyl, sometimes you can get the scratch out with a little hot water and a cleaning cloth, or by rubbing it gently with your fingernail. ever try to get a skip out of a CD, usually impossible, I don't care how many CD repair products they put on the market. Best thing to do with CDs is have a back up copy of all of them.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw this and I know its old but when when I was reading it, I thought of this thread and figured to bump it up once again.

"A lot of people say, `I'm not into CD Players, they don't as well,' and I totally try to convert them. Half the stuff I get now, I burn to CD because it's really an incredible tool. You can loop an intro and extend it wherever you want, you can pitch things down or up and not lose the key - you have the master tempo feature. There's no reason to fear CDs." - Danny Tenaglia