Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what i heard about downtown !!!!!!!!!

flite

the more clubs that open the better it is for miami and our scene.

Sorry Tony, but nothing could be further from the truth. There's a point at which people who are thinking about opening a nightclub should stand back and look at the big picture. As close-minded as Miamians are about music, how many clubs can we possibly have, if all clubs resort to playing the same music? It's happened more than once and it will continue to happen. Miami is flooded with too many venues and not enough open-minded souls to go around. That's not to say that we should only have one or two clubs. Variety is the spice of life but do we really have variety in Miami when all the clubs offer the exact same format every night? :D

Sorry Tony, but nothing could be further from the truth. There's a point at which people who are thinking about opening a nightclub should stand back and look at the big picture. As close-minded as Miamians are about music, how many clubs can we possibly have, if all clubs resort to playing the same music? It's happened more than once and it will continue to happen. Miami is flooded with too many venues and not enough open-minded souls to go around. That's not to say that we should only have one or two clubs. Variety is the spice of life but do we really have variety in Miami when all the clubs offer the exact same format every night? :D
one would hope, more clubs mean there will be an opportunity for other types of music to be played. further more competition can’t help, but favor the miami scene. miami is tourist driven economy, thus anyone opening a club knows that will be their major audience. the kurt comments from people in this thread, is indicative of the current state of our scene. "If it doesn’t personally affect me, I could give a fuck"... you know Saleen is the butt of many jokes here. However, he was able to get a DJ who plays the music he likes booked all over maimi. imagine if others had the same tenacity, how truly interesting our scene could be.

LOL miami can barely support its sports teams... to think they solely could support a club ,is like trying to grasp straws in the wind. . people bitch and moan how so many clubs now play hip-hop. well, that happens because the hip-hop audience makes clubs money. it's rather simple economics.

I’m not sure how often you go out... to think that all clubs resort to playing the same form of music, is simply not true. perhaps you meant to say the clubs in miami, don’t play the music you want to hear. :)

Hey no offense....

Do you have to start every word with a capital letter???

It felt like every word was starting a sentence.

I was thinking the same shit. I've never seen anyone write like that. I guess every word is really important.

one would hope, more clubs mean there will be an opportunity for other types of music to be played. further more competition can’t help, but favor the miami scene. miami is tourist driven economy, thus anyone opening a club knows that will be their major audience. the kurt comments from people in this thread, is indicative of the current state of our scene. "If it doesn’t personally affect me, I could give a fuck"... you know Saleen is the butt of many jokes here. However, he was able to get a DJ who plays the music he likes booked all over maimi. imagine if others had the same tenacity, how truly interesting our scene could be.

LOL miami can barely support its sports teams... to think they solely could support a club ,is like trying to grasp straws in the wind. . people bitch and moan how so many clubs now play hip-hop. well, that happens because the hip-hop audience makes clubs money. it's rather simple economics.

On this, I agree with you completely. Miami would have a great nightlife scene if more people cared about what music they listened to when they go out. But that's simply not the case so that's why, for Miami, I disagree with having more and more venues opening up only to offer identical formats to existing venues. :D

On this, I agree with you completely. Miami would have a great nightlife scene if more people cared about what music they listened to when they go out. But that's simply not the case so that's why, for Miami, I disagree with having more and more venues opening up only to offer identical formats to existing venues. :D

that's bullshit

just because someone is not into west coast house doesn't mean they don't care what they listen to when they go out

It doesn't matter how many killer venues open in Miami if the club-goer's taste is uneducated...we are losing quality to quantity, more and more I see how people don't care about what they hear when they go out and that sends the wrong message to club-owners and promoters...reggaeton is in, fuck...let's have a reggaeton night...you wouldn't catch me dead on one of those ghetto piece of shit nights, fuck all that shit.

seriously ?? who the hell gives a flying fuck about all of this ? there will always be clubs opening and closing etc etc .. so who fucking cares ? i find it that the ones that worry so damn much about club politics are the ones that party the least .(aka saleen for example) . people , no matter what there will always be clubs .and places to go . so just leave the club politics to the club owners and stop acting like you know something , cause you dont know shit . people who always start rumors are wrong 99% of the time . who why when where ?? who fucking cares ??
STFU:tongue:!!!

that's bullshit

just because someone is not into west coast house doesn't mean they don't care what they listen to when they go out

That's not what I'm talking about specifically. I'm talking about people's taste in general and the overwhelming preference that Miami has for hip-hop and reggaeton. Do we need every nightclub in Miami to play reggaeton and hip-hop? I mean those club-owners need to play it to make money, but how many clubs like that does Miami really need? If there were only 4 or 5 places that played hip-hop and reggaeton, they would be packed every week. :D

This is a very quick and simple no bake dessert cake. I've been making it for years without a written recipe. I have also tried it with different flavors such as Coconut/Pineapple. This recipe lends itself well to experimentation. Note: If desired, chopped nuts may be added to the pudding before spreading over cake, or may be sprinkled over the top of the pudding before adding the whipped topping layer. Sometimes I think noone bothers to read anything I write because they think I'm always writing bullshit, I wonder why.

:blank:

Sadly, most of the Miami clubgoers are sheep...and you can add ghetto

to that as a first name. These idiots dont know any better!

I cringe when when they call house & trance: that techno music.

They cant tell the difference, much less between prog & west coast! :doh:

But yet, you can play Daddy Yankee or Tego Calderon and they jump up

as if they just won the lottery!

"Look at my grillz girl, dont I look thug...??"

Sickening. :vomit2:

The Miami club scene is too dependant on tourist traffic to do anything different on a large scale. The events that cater to discerning listeners who know the scene and can go out every weekend have to be at small specialty clubs and lounges. You'll never get enough people coming week after week to a place the size of Nocturnal, or Crobar, or Mansion if you have DJs that play anything other than pop music. Tourists don't want to hear the latest tracks, they want to get drunk and hit on each other ... they want a hip-hop or reggaeton mindless meat fest.

So, with that being said, I suggest you find the small venues that play the styles you like and support them ... forget about the massive warehouses. The scene can't support a raving crowd anymore.