Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SOTU Sessions on The WOMB Radio [Begins January 2006]

soturecords

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone...don't forget that Obby's inaugural show is airing live as we speak. I'll be hangin' around for a bit for the 'changing of the guards', but also cause so far the track selection is, for lack of a better word, ESSENTIAL!!!

Peace,

FX

Slightly off-topic ... Does SOTU still do Fridays at crobar? Haven't seen any promo's other than the 1-year anniversary, which I had to miss. Thanks ...

Ok so here's the deal: I heard that SOTU (SOTU = OBBY) will not be spinning at Crobar anymore because Crobar was unwilling to invest in turntables for the attic. Obby took a bunch of new records to play during the 1 Year Anniversary party but when he got there, no turntables! Just CDJs. :lame:

What sucks is Obby had told me many of those were bootlegs and white label promos which he always prefers to play on vinyl.

Now one would think a club like Crobar would be able to afford 2 turntables for real DJs who have already been spinning at Crobar for a year and who consistently offer an alternative to the music that Crobar's other rooms are offering. :D

Ok so here's the deal: I heard that SOTU (SOTU = OBBY) will not be spinning at Crobar anymore because Crobar was unwilling to invest in turntables for the attic. Obby took a bunch of new records to play during the 1 Year Anniversary party but when he got there, no turntables! Just CDJs. :lame:

What sucks is Obby had told me many of those were bootlegs and white label promos which he always prefers to play on vinyl.

Now one would think a club like Crobar would be able to afford 2 turntables for real DJs who have already been spinning at Crobar for a year and who consistently offer an alternative to the music that Crobar's other rooms are offering. :D

damn their eyes, damn their eyes! :biggrin:

Just reminder..The ATTIC @ Crobar is still there. I spin every friday from 1-5am. Obby (sotu) spins with me the last friday of the month. It is unfortunate that the tables broke a couple of weeks ago and it is very unfortunate they are such cheap asses that they can not afford to buy replacements.

The progressive sounds will continue in the ATTIC @ Crobar every friday!!

The progressive sounds will continue in the ATTIC @ Crobar every friday!!

You beat me to it Joey. If Crobar decides to invest in two turntables for the Ultra VIP, know that I'll join you again in a heart beat. Till then......rock it on the CD's.

Now back to the original topic. SOTU Sessions on THE WOMB Radio.

JANUARY 2006

Saturday 14th (6pm-8pm) - SOTU (OBBY)

Saturday 21st (6pm-8pm) - Jimmy Toural

Saturday 28th (6pm-8pm) - Andrew Chibale

FEBRUARY 2006

Saturday 4th (6pm-8pm) - SOTU (OBBY)

Saturday 11th (6pm-8pm) - Phrankadelic

Saturday 18th (6pm-8pm) - TBA

Saturday 25th (6pm-8pm) - Alan Stenback