Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Empire Ballroom?

evilmofo

Friends and I want to check out empire ball room either 12/30 or 12/31... Do they only play house/trance in the afterhours? If we get the tickets for the normal hour, can we stay for afterhours (probably for NYE)? We really loved the old Utopia and hopefully this will bring back a lot of memory! Thanks in advance...

Friends and I want to check out empire ball room either 12/30 or 12/31... Do they only play house/trance in the afterhours? If we get the tickets for the normal hour, can we stay for afterhours (probably for NYE)? We really loved the old Utopia and hopefully this will bring back a lot of memory! Thanks in advance...

alotta peeps from CAL are heading to Vegas JUST for Empire for NYE ... sort of a good way to do it.

Dec 30th they are doing Space residents on tour - Cedric Gervais & Dave Onex

Dec 31 - Judge Jules + Faarsheed

Close by hotels - MGM, NYNY (closest), walking distance Paris Ballys Alladian (god my spelling is getting bad lol) Jockey Club Bellagio.

This place is easily the best afterhours in Vegas - IMO it blows Drais out of the water. Tons more room to Dance and move around - plus it looks like they are commited to bringing in big DJ's and top notch music

I totally agree. As I stated in a previous post, this is a reminder to many of us of how Club Utopia used to be. The venue has a perfect layout for an afterhours, or any other nightlife event. The main room is a great size with a good amount of seating for bottle service on the lower and upper levels, along with a large dance floor.

Another big benefit that Empire has over Drai's is ease of access. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get in on most nights, you don't need to wait forever, and the door staff is a lot more accommodating.

I'll admit that much of the soft spot that I hold for Drai's comes from having gone there for so long and having met so many great friends... and that for a while, it was the only consistently solid afterhours.

We had so many fucked up nights at the old Utopia, I can still feel the heat from that fire breathing guy...

I remember that also. I still run into him and his girlfriend on occasion. Utopia was a good club until all of their customers were taken by all of the other clubs in town. The good news is that it has been reincarnated with the opening of the Empire Ballroom afterhours.