Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I cant believe BORIS is playing at CIELO yes that DJ BORIS

exactly.. which is why 'guarantee'ing something that isn't so... is retarded

exactly......... boris can play different for the venue and all his normal fans will hate it and all the ceilo normals will love it

it is a catch 22 and a losing battle if you ever think your going to please everyone all the time..

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so basically.. you're saying that people who are JP or Boris fans, don't give other DJ's a try and are close minded?

Not all of them but a good majority are. I have some friends that were JP followers and now everything is all about Boris and nobody else. I see alot of the same on these boards.

Not all of them but a good majority are. I have some friends that were JP followers and now everything is all about Boris and nobody else. I see alot of the same on these boards.

again a generalization based on a small %

think about all the people who go clubbing but never even seen a message board...

exactly......... boris can play different for the venue and all his normal fans will hate it and all the ceilo normals will love it

it is a catch 22 and a losing battle if you ever think your going to please everyone all the time..

It'll be good for him to switch it up a bit.

or better yet, have that other kid play most of the nite so he can enjoy his party

It'll be good for him to switch it up a bit.

or better yet, have that other kid play most of the nite so he can enjoy his party

yeah Bobby is going to be playing for a while anyway

this is BORIS party, his gift to us and his fans, should be a good time....

Bobby from what I know is old school, original sound factory days, not 46th street.

looking forward to hearing what he has in store

yeah Bobby is going to be playing for a while anyway

this is BORIS party, his gift to us and his fans, should be a good time....

Bobby from what I know is old school, original sound factory days, not 46th street.

looking forward to hearing what he has in store

I misread the flyer to read Ben Shaw (So Strong, etc) and freaked out.. lol

yeah it just came off that way

I see what your saying and I agree somewhat..

but the reason you read and hear so much about jp and boris for expample if that these guys pack 4000 plus into their venues , that is alot of people to come here and give a review and then you add the other 4000 haters that will egg a situation on and then you get back and forth banter for 9 pages,

I wish I could have heard felix, that night . so pissed I could not

I heard richie santana @ deko also , i did not do a review cause your right , it would not get any attention or as much responses as say a jp or boris thread,

it just the way things go around these boards

you personally dont like jp and boris, that is all good, but would you go on to say "they suck" "they have no talent"

cause that just seems like hate to me, I mean they woudl nto be where they are today if they had no talent,

why cant people just not like somone and just ignore it, instead of bringing more and more negativity to a scene that is already on hater overload

i would never spend a nickel to hear a tech DJ, but I also will never trash one, it;s all music, it's also a matter of personal preference, and what makes anyones "likes" better then someone elses,

I agree. I said that I didn't personally like Boris or JP but I respect them as DJ's. Hell if I were in their positions I could almost guarntee there would be people hatein on me as well. It goes with the territory I guess.

As far as saying that they have no talent is bullshit.

Yo madness thats cause a lot of people on here just like to talk crap to stir up drama for themselves. And i wasnt hating on boris for this thread, it was meant to be shocking and the yes that bois part was to let people know it was the boris that everyone talksabout not something from another scene. Im in brooklyn and with a transit strike looks like im gonna be boris less.

Reviews?

I had a great time.

I like Cielo, it was my first time there. Nice and small, and comfy.

Music was hmmm how should I say... Disco'ey I guess. I dunno, hard to describe Bobby Shaw.. sort of like an upbeat wedding haha. Perfect for a holiday party tho.

Boris went on at about 1 or 130 I think and played alot of GOOD classics that he doesn't normally put in his sets.

Good Crowd

Good V word

Good everything.

Lets try to keep the reviews to last night, and not Boris in general.

I'm interested to hear how he spun last night.

i think he played perfect for the party.

not all classics, not all new.. a Nice mixture of both. As for a Playlist, I dunno because I was talking to people the majority of the night

not all classics, not all new.. a Nice mixture of both. As for a Playlist, I dunno because I was talking to people the majority of the night

What style did he play? I know he plays tribal, but was it that "in your face" big room style, or was it different?