Clubplanet Nightlife Community

review of cielo and pacha for those who asked

for the people who asked, here's what i thought of cielo and pacha even though danihawk will be mad i'm posting. i got in to cielo around 12 and didn't have a problem getting in on the comped guestlist, thanks robyn. the venue itself is pretty cool. it looks neat with long cushions lining the place and lights. the sound system was real good and the crowd seemed alright as well. the drinks were about the same price as anywhere else i guess. i left there around 3 and then headed to pacha. this was my friend dan's idea so settle danihawk. although the sound system was good and it looked a little cleaner than when it was soundfactory, freegin' no one was there. i guess the best way to describe it would be, it had a lot of potential, but when i got there, it seemed like everyone was heading out. i stayed till around 5:30 regardless b/c i payed my $30 damnit and it wasn't going to go to waste. regardless, i still had a pretty good time at both places and think they're worth checking out.

-mike

cielo to me is the perfect club. Not really a fan of waxman but am curious as to what he would play in that room. Tedd pattersons monthly party called VIBAL at cielo is a party i recommend everyone to check out. And thier usual resident dj on fris willie graff is great as well as the other resident and part owner nicholas matar. Cielo on mon nights and weds nights is no joke either those parties are something out of this world. As for pacha have no comment, i was at SOL for the made in italy event and that was banannas.

Went to Pacha for the first time ever (never been there for factory so last night I broke my cherry) No problem getting in with sneakers and NO search at all. It wasnt really crowded and sound was actually really good. Doc Martin and Josh Winx were good at times but not overall great. Drinks were reasonally priced $10 vodka and cranberry $7 for a beer.

Defintly would go back again for "certain DJ's" I would like to hear.

Mike, so I'm just curious - was there an obscene line @ Cielo when you got there? From your review it sounds like Cielo is not as pretentious or as tough to get in as "Time Out New York" and CitySearch describe it.

Also, some people describe Cielo as "models & bottles" on Fridays and Saturdays. Was it really?

cielo is come as you are dress on mons and weds, and for certain sun parties like the monthly fresh fruit party. Thurs,fri,sat sometimes i much harder to get into, and depending on the dj the crowd will sometimes have some serious househeads with bottles n models, but that doesnt stop them from dancing somehow. Somehow that rooms make alot of people dance. Again i recommend checkin out TEDD PATTERSON monthly vibal party there on sats, and check out dj WILLIE GRAFF when he plays. Luckily they both will be playing together on nye for 12hrs for 50bucks.

cielo is come as you are dress on mons and weds, and for certain sun parties like the monthly fresh fruit party. Thurs,fri,sat sometimes i much harder to get into, and depending on the dj the crowd will sometimes have some serious househeads with bottles n models, but that doesnt stop them from dancing somehow. Somehow that rooms make alot of people dance. Again i recommend checkin out TEDD PATTERSON monthly vibal party there on sats, and check out dj WILLIE GRAFF when he plays. Luckily they both will be playing together on nye for 12hrs for 50bucks.

Hey, Dancing Poet! The "Vibal" party is definitely on my list of events in the near future to go to. So is that particular event "bring your own model" or will a bunch of guys without a table res get in ?

hey max, yeah, there was a line when i got there with maybe 20 people. i didn't seem to have too much of a problem getting in just b/c i was on a list. not b/c i'm super cool or anything but someone (robyn) was nice enough to put me on a list. the crowd seemed decent looking i guess. i guess there were a couple of attractive people there but then again, i've been living in a small town for the past year so at this point, i think anywhere i go in the city is packed w/ really attractive people (not that that might not be the case anyway). i'm kind of oblivious. some people had the too cool to talk to anyone look but people were still dancing and stuff though. the bouncer was curt w/ some people i guess but not as mean as some other places where they're an ass to you when they toss you from the line. if i hadn't gotten on the list would i have gotten in? i'd like to say i'm so cool that i would have but in all honesty i really don't know. hope i answered some of your questions.

Went to Pacha for the first time ever (never been there for factory so last night I broke my cherry) No problem getting in with sneakers and NO search at all. It wasnt really crowded and sound was actually really good. Doc Martin and Josh Winx were good at times but not overall great. Drinks were reasonally priced $10 vodka and cranberry $7 for a beer.

Defintly would go back again for "certain DJ's" I would like to hear.

No please, alert the authorities again to the venue so we loose another club a little quicker ...

hey max, yeah, there was a line when i got there with maybe 20 people. i didn't seem to have too much of a problem getting in just b/c i was on a list. not b/c i'm super cool or anything but someone (robyn) was nice enough to put me on a list. the crowd seemed decent looking i guess. i guess there were a couple of attractive people there but then again, i've been living in a small town for the past year so at this point, i think anywhere i go in the city is packed w/ really attractive people (not that that might not be the case anyway). i'm kind of oblivious. some people had the too cool to talk to anyone look but people were still dancing and stuff though. the bouncer was curt w/ some people i guess but not as mean as some other places where they're an ass to you when they toss you from the line. if i hadn't gotten on the list would i have gotten in? i'd like to say i'm so cool that i would have but in all honesty i really don't know. hope i answered some of your questions.

LOL, thanks, Mike! I'd say if you managed to pick Cielo and Waxman from all the hip-hop garbage and "trendy" crap, you're cool enough :)

I was at cielo for a while and I had fun. I heard waxman a few times at crobar and this was NOTHING like those nights. He played a few bangers, but for the most part it was def a more funky, groovy vibe. Much deeper than I thought he would play. I'll def be back there for him again. I overheard someone there say he was gonna play for his birthday party in january and then saw it was already posted he's playing on fri jan 13th on the cielo website. I'll be back for sure.