Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wow! So they went on strike.....

They can only retire at 55 or earlier if they started their job at like 21. Unless they want to try and live on like 30k a year.

You don't just get a "retirement package" when you hit the magic age. You're just allowed to retire. If you want any kind of real benefits it's based on how long you worked and how much was contributed to your pension. You have to be in most of those jobs for over 20 years to get any kind of real retirement.

I'll throw my 2 cents in just because I feel like venting.

The TWU is so out of line they should all be made to have to go through what we are going through to get to work. There is a REASON why it is illegal for certain public service occupations to go on strike. If your job provides a neccessary function for the continued safety and public health of the city then you are not permitted to strike. That includes teachers, fire fighters, police, and TRANSIT WORKERS.

My wife is a teacher, both of my parents are retired teachers, I have close friends in both the fire and police departments, and NONE of them went on strike when they were without a contract for YEARS! My wife is just starting to get residual payments for the 3 years she worked without a contract. I think TWU employees could do the same.

How would they all have felt if they couldn't bring their children to school? Talk about RESPECT, how much do people respect teachers? Firefighters? Police Officers? How much respect do they hope to get when EVERYONE is against their strike including their own international parent union?

I believe in a fair deal for everyone, I believe a solution can be found that will satisfy both parties. But to do this to the city, at this time of year, with the cold and the business impact is disgraceful. And to say that the mayor/governor is holding the city hostage is a joke. There wasn't a lockout, they went on strike. And the mayor/governor repeatedly said that they would not interfere with an internal matter between the union and the MTA when the negotiations were still going on. So way to pass the buck TWU.

I mostly feel sorry for all my co-workers and our night staff who have to figure out how to get here to work so that we can stay open this weekend. One of our managers is actually sleeping here in the office right now so he can work tonight. I myself had to get up at 3am to drive here before the HOV went into effect.

Just plain selfish and sickening...

:clap: ... very well said ...

i support unions 100% if they aint happy STRIKE STRIKE STRIKE....thats the problem today... every thing is run by criminals and the working man gets treated like a sucker technically its illigeal but someones gotta put there foot down when the checks and benefits arent enough especailly in this day in age

lol this is classic.. its fucking chaos in the city.. god forbid something happened where you couldn't get outta the city.. that'd be fucked up.. dam twu and the mta..

i can name 2 times when u couldnt get out of the city.... 9/11/01 and the blackout of 04.. Ive been through both and this strike aint shit.

yeah i guess you would have to be an idiot not to understand what i posted even with a couple of typos....and dan im glad that i annoyed you i can't fuckin stand ya anyway...:jerkoff:

no, I understood what you meant, just as I understand that you are not that smart. :aright: