Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MTA Strike

drdoom

i thought the mta's final deal was pretty good.. practically what the twu was asking for in the beginning.. something like 3%, then 4%, then 3% again and then a half percent in the 4th year.. which is a lot of money for people who don't perform life saving surgery.

i really hope this city is more furious with the the twu for being such selfish pricks. during the holidays. during finals. when i'm going away in one freakin week and need to save money for this vaca among possibly millions of other reasons ny'ers could be angry with them for screwing up their holiday season... !!! :(

im actually glad they striked. the mta has been fucking people over for years. hiding surplus money, trying to take conductors off trains and close down mad token booths to save money, and then increasing the fair and lying about a billion dollar surplus. i doubt theyll get the eight percent but at least people are getting into the action. pataki fucked up big time. he appointed assholes to the mta board, then acts like well im not getting involved in this. hes a lame duck so he dont care what his buddies do on the mta board, and now its biting him in the ass. you can be sure him and bloomberg will be all over the news condemning the union today, where as last week they were all like oh were not getting involved. bottom line is everyone in nyc will remember freezing their asses off during the holiday season next time elections come around. it sucks though becuase the nyc economy will lose crazy dough. mad people shop this time of year and it would have helped alot of companies to get in the black at the end of the year. alot of people will lose money or even their jobs which sux. gotta take the good with the bad i guess.

im actually glad they striked. the mta has been fucking people over for years. hiding surplus money, trying to take conductors off trains and close down mad token booths to save money, and then increasing the fair and lying about a billion dollar surplus. i doubt theyll get the eight percent but at least people are getting into the action. pataki fucked up big time. he appointed assholes to the mta board, then acts like well im not getting involved in this. hes a lame duck so he dont care what his buddies do on the mta board, and now its biting him in the ass. you can be sure him and bloomberg will be all over the news condemning the union today, where as last week they were all like oh were not getting involved. bottom line is everyone in nyc will remember freezing their asses off during the holiday season next time elections come around. it sucks though becuase the nyc economy will lose crazy dough. mad people shop this time of year and it would have helped alot of companies to get in the black at the end of the year. alot of people will lose money or even their jobs which sux. gotta take the good with the bad i guess.
they didnt hide anything.. the surplus was from land sold.. the mta really cant do shit b/c of the horrible funding from albany..

the workers and pataki are to blame

don't these fuckers want to be able to retire at the age of 50 with full pension?...shit, sign me up!

i hope the courts start docking these employees two days pay for every day they miss...we'll see how fast people start going back to work

Both sides are wrong

And they don't want to pay for health care. I mean come on, these are people who probably did not go to college. They want to retire at 50 and not pay a dime for health care. I busted my ass in college and i have to pay

shit is crazy

The MTA are some lying bastards also. shitty service, toll hikes, and toll both closures

i think ur wrong

mta service sucks as it is..and now they strike? im sure they have TONS of supporters

of course people are sympathizing with them.. but at the same time they are cursing them out for striking.. regardless of how much the MTA sucks.. you think most commuters are rooting for this strike? you are crazy

u disagreed with flow when he said people r furious with them..

now ur saying that they dont have support

so...where the hell do u stand schizzo?

when he said MTA i took it as the agency themselves (as in the agency vs the workers).. not the transit workers..

but to clarify.. im sayin most people hate the union and most disagree with the striking workers..

yeah..thanks for the clarification

hope they fire them all

lets go Reagan Air Traffic Controller Policy of the 80's!!

i wish they could fire them all.. the mta should have seen this coming and prepared a couple of months ago. maybe start training other people or something..

i really think these workers are greedy.. the worst is while i watch NY1 news today and constatnly see this TWU commercial.. these stupid bitches n the commercial are saying how they are new yorkers and want to work but are not being treated failry and continue to say how their pension and benfits are being taken away.. which is complete utter bullshit since employee contributions will start with new employees..they are clearly lying in this commercial to try to draw support

do these people not understand that health insurance is getting expensive everywhere?

fuck em all..

im glad bloomie has already stated there will be no amnesty for the strikers