Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lego City?

kaydup

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, most of the spires are not pushwed down and are sitting in movable positions, because I am deciding whether to put each on in their original position, or to move them around for a better layout. And in adjusting one last night I knocked another one over, which had a domino affect on two more, and one went over the edge and shattered on the floor. Ooops!

Lots of un-answered questions here..

Did you build that from scratch?

How do you move it?

Do you make noises when playing with it?

Do you ever have girls over?

Yes, it is all built from scratch. From 1200 piece tubs that I bought at a time, and from individual kits that I had to use to get particular parts and shapes that I wanted. Some of them were inspired by certain structures seen in the Star Wars movies on the planet Coruscant, and most of them are just my own designs. Sometimes I get ideas from studying actual architecture, but most fo the time they are just designs that come from my imagination. What I love about the city is that there are so many building, roughly 80 or so (including small ones of all sizes, and I really have lost count of them) or close to a hundred (?), and no two buildings are alike, each one is unique and different.

Do I make noises when I play with it? LOL! Yeah, I make crane and machinery noises when I put the pieces together, as if I was a giant contruction device or something! LOL, nah, just kidding. No noises at all.

Yes, I have had girls over. I used to have it in my bedroom in my last condo, and I'd tell them, "Hey, there is something in my room that I want to show you, that is long and thick and breathtaking." Well, they loved the city, and loved what else I had for them afterward. LOL.

damn, now do you just say fuck it to that building or do you start over

It is salvagable, and I have photos of it so I know what it looked like. But likely when I put it back together I will make changes to it and it will wind up looking even better than before. That's why I usually don't worry when I break something, or when I decide to remake one, because I always improve them when I remake them, and their designs evolve that way.

Here is a depiction of mass disaster and destruction. Not as dramatic as the WTC wreckage, but it's devastating on it's own scale.

PICT0597.jpg

PICT0598.jpg

Luckily it was a smaller one that smashed, about 8 inches high. If it was one of the larger ones, the two foot tall buildings, it would have been a huge mess.

This thread is scary....

SlickSlider, anyone ever tell you that you look like woogie from Something about Mary

998SAM_Chris_Elliott_001.jpg

OMG that is so you.. LMFAO :laugh: I'm calling you woogie from now on Slick :kiss2:

This thread has litterally killed me... people at work are asking if i'm okay i'm laughing so hard..

This has been the most intelligent conversation we've had in the bump& forum! :)

do u run and just take pics of everything?

like oh shit spilled grape jelly...gota get my camera

:laugh: I hadn't picked up my camera in months, and barely took pictures for years. This was the most photography I'd done in a long time.

Sorry, I'm hungry, I must go take a pic of my lunch. LOL

:laugh: I hadn't picked up my camera in months, and barely took pictures for years. This was the most photography I'd done in a long time.

Sorry, I'm hungry, I must go take a pic of my lunch. LOL

Some guy did that, made a book and a lot of money off it. ... pretty pointless and gross it was

Impressive lego city!

That takes patience! :bowdown:

It sure does. But it is so worth it. Nothing relaxes me more, not even music, than building and using my mind for that. I used to draw a lot when I was younger, and shoot fashion and glamour photography, and write stories and poems and song lyrics, and now I build buildings, and I've always loved creating things like that.

Once a friend of mine, when he saw my city and thought about how long I had to have worked on it, told me jokingly, "You have too much time on your hands...you need to get a life." I looked right at him and said, "I'm an artist and I create art. That is my life."

Not to say that I don't want more out of life, because I sure do, but without art, without being able to create and use my mind like that, I can't imagine life at all. Whether it's painting or building, or singing, or music and dancing, or mixing, or writing, or whatever, there is an artist in all of us here on this board. I don't think any of us would want to live without that part of us to keep us going and enjoying life. ;)

• 3 weeks later...