Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ICE vs. JET??

detn8or

We all know what Ice is about with its electronic music.... Jet has 3 rooms and one of them will be all electronic (Josh Wink on jan 2)...

Do you think Jet will step it up and compete with ICE in that market?? or will ICE still conquer your electronic needs???

That is going to depend completely on the bookings. I think Ice will still be in better shape though, because like you said, that is their main focus. Their resident DJ, Faarsheed, is also an excellent DJ in his own right, and is worth the price of admission. I don't even know who Jet is going to have playing in the house room on nights other than Monday, when they have Mr. "I created house music", Jesse Saunders, booked.

But seriously now, I'm pumped to check out Jet on the 2nd.

Will it compete with ICE? On nights where they both line up big-name EDM DJs, they'll certainly trying to attract some of the same crowd. But I don't think either joint will see the other as a major competitor, as they're really a different vibe.

Not having been to Jet yet, I bet any set from a DJ there will yield a different type of atmosphere and experience than the exact same set from the same DJ at ICE. One won't necessarily be any better than the other, it'll just be different.

The main room at ICE is something that's quite unique to Vegas at the moment, and if there's anyone that's going to compete with that size and layout I'd say it'd be Empire before it woudl be Jet.

will scotty boy be in the electronic room?? THey have a hip hop, electronic and main stream mash up room... I agree the lay out of Ice showcases a DJ like no other.... empire does compete in a way but empire and Ice I know are kind of working together, allowing ice flyers in the club... I think empire wants to focus on after hours... Its cool to see Vegas becoming the club capitol of the world, and electronic music coming up big in the process... after all this music is engineered for dance!