Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tracing the history of Carl Cox

antifm

You have to go all the way back to the beginning of the dance music movement to trace the rise of DJ and producer extraordinaire Carl Cox. In '88, when acid-house took London and the M25 circular by storm, Carl Cox was the name on every flyer. His role in early parties such as Sunrise, Evolution, and Shoom was monumental. In the early '90s rave explosion Carl Cox played every major party, including Elevation & Volatile State, Raindance, and Dreamscape. He was also a key player in the European techno movement of the mid '90s, playing frequently in Germany, Belgium, and his native England.

planner_cox_1208.jpg

Both, but at the same time depending on what and where carl is playing he will show his musical roots and history combined with his modern sound as well. Check out a cd he released a while back called BACK TO MINE and look for his CHOICE cd in 2006, to get an overviewof his history and infliuecnce. Its funny how i have a friend whos a huge carl cox fan, but says he cant believe carl would make cds like that, but i had to remind him whats wrong? Carl has been around a long time and im sure has many styles and would be nice for his younger fans to learn more about what hes about musically.

Silverbull you said it best. Im a fucking die hard Coxy fan and its killing me that i cant go on New Years. His sets back in the day are so different, even in the 90's when he played breaks he is just a unique guy. Im just happy as a pig in shit that i had the chance to meet and chill w/ him in Miami a few years ago. Funny part is im listening to his set from Twilo. But most people think of Cox today they think of head pounding tech. When in reality he used to throw the kitchen sink at you with pure funk and house even disco elements. I want to hear him one more time like that. Guy is a magician w/ the decks as well. Back and forth all night 3 records always doing something wild. If you go on New Years enjoy.

Silverbull you said it best. Im a fucking die hard Coxy fan and its killing me that i cant go on New Years. His sets back in the day are so different, even in the 90's when he played breaks he is just a unique guy. Im just happy as a pig in shit that i had the chance to meet and chill w/ him in Miami a few years ago. Funny part is im listening to his set from Twilo. But most people think of Cox today they think of head pounding tech. When in reality he used to throw the kitchen sink at you with pure funk and house even disco elements. I want to hear him one more time like that. Guy is a magician w/ the decks as well. Back and forth all night 3 records always doing something wild. If you go on New Years enjoy.

Angelooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo