Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cell phone questions

marcid21

Anyone use Verizon as their cell service provider???

I bough a phone in may...upgraded my plan...yada yada. I skipped the phone insurance this time around because it's been of no use to me when I needed it. During this past week somehow the screen on my phone cracked, and now my phone has started to magically shut off at any random moment.

Do you think I can call and get insurance...and in a week or two claim an issue???

Just wondering...

I dont understand how the whole cellphone insurance thing works. Is there a deductible? And do they only cover certain types of accidents?

yup

the deductable depends on the phone and if its water damage they tend to not replace your phone so I heard......

bottom line is its bs....scam them before they can scam you

hi marci

Hiya honey! Was just thinking about you last night for some reason...Happy New Year :kiss2: Hope alls well!

And yea...insurance is a total scam, which is why I didn't take it. It's only 5 bucks a month with Verizon...which comes to 60 bucks a year. Then there's a $50 deductible on top of that. When I needed my insurance the ONE time, there was about a two week waiting period in order to receive my replacement phone. The phone was also the same as I had...which is fine...but if I were to have just bought the same new phone without going through insurance it would've cost me 89.99 in the store at that moment. Twenty dollars less than insurance + deductible.

BS. But in my case it could be helpful, and I'll still have my phone while waiting for the replacement.

They don't give you a new phone, its a refurbished phone. I had the insurance and when i lost my phone they gave me a piece of shit replacement. for the monthly fee plus the 50 deductible its not worth what you get

Yea, Verizon's insurance plan is total bullshit.

Marci, I'm glad you are going to beat their system. Stick it to 'em, I hate Verizon.

And isn't it $5.99 a month? So that would be $72 per year + $50 = $122 for an $89 phone if you had the insurance for a whole year.

I broke my phone and Cingular sent me a brand new RAZR and I didn't have to sign a new contract.

Marci, I'm glad you are going to beat their system. Stick it to 'em, I hate Verizon.

And isn't it $5.99 a month? So that would be $72 per year + $50 = $122 for an $89 phone if you had the insurance for a whole year.

I broke my phone and Cingular sent me a brand new RAZR and I didn't have to sign a new contract.

Nextel's is bullshit too

You either got a refurbished phone, or you contract started all over again. Just because you didn't sign something, doesn't mean you didn't renew your contract. When you accept a new phone, you accept it under the terms of you service provider.

Hiya honey! Was just thinking about you last night for some reason...Happy New Year :kiss2: Hope alls well!

And yea...insurance is a total scam, which is why I didn't take it. It's only 5 bucks a month with Verizon...which comes to 60 bucks a year. Then there's a $50 deductible on top of that. When I needed my insurance the ONE time, there was about a two week waiting period in order to receive my replacement phone. The phone was also the same as I had...which is fine...but if I were to have just bought the same new phone without going through insurance it would've cost me 89.99 in the store at that moment. Twenty dollars less than insurance + deductible.

BS. But in my case it could be helpful, and I'll still have my phone while waiting for the replacement.

But to get the new phone at that price you would have to sign a 2 year contract, the insurance does not renew your contract. So if you want to get technical, that phone you got for $20 less is potentially going to cost you $175 more, because that's what it costs to get out of a verizon contract (which you will be locked into for 2 years from whenever you got it). If you wanted to buy the phone new, without a contract you could have, but it would have cost you between $250 and $300. Also, most insurance companies have a rush service for an extra $15 or so, where you usually get your phone in a day or two.

If you haven't had you phone very long, or haven't generated enough revenue, they won't even let you get the discount on a new phone by renewing your contract. If that happens and you don't have the insurance, then you have to buy the phone for full retail value ($250-$300 aka screwed).

You either got a refurbished phone, or you contract started all over again. Just because you didn't sign something, doesn't mean you didn't renew your contract. When you accept a new phone, you accept it under the terms of you service provider.

Nope, I got a brand new phone and I did not renew my contract.

Nope, I got a brand new phone and I did not renew my contract.

for cingular? how'd you manage that?

one of the managers in my company was JUST complaining about getting a brand new Razr phone from cingular and he had to renew his contract. We were just talkin about this yesterday.....

anyway, i got t-mobile and i'll cross that bridge when i get to that river, but i might as well try to help this guy out

Exactly how did you do that?

I have the Premier Business Plan through my company.

I was pissed that they didn't have the 6820 any more because the 9300 is coming out soon. He told me since they didn't have what I wanted, I could pick any phone for free. So I picked the RAZR. My Nokia 6820 started working again, I've been switching back and forth. I still like the Nokia better. As soon as the 9300 comes out, I'm getting it. Then, I'll probably have to renew my contract.

i got insurance because my brother's phone was stolen right in front of him and my best friend lost his phone. my phone broke last month and they sent me a brand new one in 2 business days, no questions asked (which means that ALL types of damage are covered, and theft and loss are covered as well.). the new one they sent me is also insured. i have t*mobile. i recommend that everyone get insurance; i think i pay about $3 a month for it.

btw, why does it show ******** as your name when i quote you?

l a l a t e's name comes out as asterisks because he has a site that is a rival of clubplanet's.