Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP @ Roseland Review...WOW

I went sober besides some drinks and Iwanted to stay alot longer but i just couldnt take it anymore. Although I thought the venue suited JP very well (there was actually room to dance) the sound was terrible but the crowd had a pretty good vibe. I was there from 11:30 - 9, wanted to stay alot later but I just had enough, I actually fell asleep inside the club for about half hour, it was pretty bad. I heard a shit load of trainwrecks and terrible mixes. I dunno I guess JP forgot how to beatmatch last night or maybe he did too much tina, or it probably was that he didnt do enough. I dont understand, I hope JP's fan (and I am one) are just too fucked up on drugs that they dont care about all the fuck ups and that its not they are so fucked up they dont realize it, because everytime I heard a trainwreck I looked around and it was as if it never happened. At times he killed it but for most of the night it was awful. He did play some good tracks but the mixing was really sub-par. Ill give the night a 5/10, had fun chillin with my boys and what not but come on I fell asleep.

Tracklisting

Bob Sinclair - Love Generation (Antoine Clamaran Mix)

Rune ft. Morten Luco - Nothing New (Steve Mac Vocal)

Jesse Garcia - Lets get Happy (Not sure what mix it was)

A male vocal that Morillo plays all the time, I forget but i think it was Anthony Rother - Father but not positive

Michelle Kelly & JP - Time of Your Life

Deux - Sun Rising Up (Really shitty live remix)

James Mowbray & D. Ramirez - The Day Hip Hop Died (Really shitty live remix)

AVH - My My My (Another shitty live remix)

Roger Sanchez - Turn On The Music (Chumbo's Turn On The Drums Mix)

Plastic Dreams

Boots on The Run (Teased)

Washing Machine

Accapellas

What You Do To Me

All This Time

My Love is Your Love

There are a few more on the tip of my tongue but cant really think of em right now. If they come to mind ill post em up. IM REALLY INTERESTED TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT OF THE MUSIC FROM 11:30 - 9. I really hope JP steps it up for all the people that are gonna be there till 9 pm.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there from 3:30 to 4:30. I started the evening across the street from Roseland so I figured why not. Had fun but definitely not worth the $60. Did not expect it to be. They wanted $100 at the door originally. The music, well, not impressed.

When are all you idiots gonna learn that JP sucks real real bad. I just dont understand why you guys say he sucks, and then still go and see him everythime. The guy is horrible.

how much money u think he mad last night? at $60 a person...

$60 x 3000 people (give or take) = $180,000

even if he takes half, thats ALOT of cash to make one 1 night....

stayed from 11:30pm till 7am and aside from a handful of good tracks the music sucked ass. It could have been due to the amazingly horrible sound system, its a concert hall so what should we expect. All that talk about bringing in a custom sound system was fuckin bullshit. When me and my friends walked in at 11:30pm the place was maybe 1/3rd full, the music was horrible till after midnight as people started filling up the place. I didnt feel a vibe at all although most of the crowd was nice and friendly. There was points where I wanted to bang my head against the wall listening to the absolute fuckin garbage he played. I nocited about 4-5 total mixing fuckups but like it was said above - no-one noticed as everybody was too fucked up. When we started leaving lots of people started coming in from other parties I guess so we left cause my eyes couldnt handle anymore dieseled, hetchhog hair styled, white tanktop with 'JP' in pink wearing guidos.

stayed from 11:30pm till 7am and aside from a handful of good tracks the music sucked ass. It could have been due to the amazingly horrible sound system, its a concert hall so what should we expect. All that talk about bringing in a custom sound system was fuckin bullshit. When me and my friends walked in at 11:30pm the place was maybe 1/3rd full, the music was horrible till after midnight as people started filling up the place. I didnt feel a vibe at all although most of the crowd was nice and friendly. There was points where I wanted to bang my head against the wall listening to the absolute fuckin garbage he played. I nocited about 4-5 total mixing fuckups but like it was said above - no-one noticed as everybody was too fucked up. When we started leaving lots of people started coming in from other parties I guess so we left cause my eyes couldnt handle anymore dieseled, hetchhog hair styled, white tanktop with 'JP' in pink wearing guidos.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.......Thats fuckin awesome, Finally people are starting to realize he is absolute garbage. For a little while I thought some people just had no idea what good music sounds like.

Thanks for the review...and ur right, the person who told me how it was the 'sickest night ever' was reallllllly fucked up...its good to hear what it was like from a sober point of view, however, I must say he has been trainwrecking alot lately and people do notice it fucked up or not, however they arent goin to stop seeing their favorite dj b/c of it.

RayRay - I have made this argument a 100x - when JP is on point, he is THE MAN, when he is off, he is the ABSOLUTE WORST, its a 50/50 chance you have to take and that is why his fans keep goin back, to relive that one time they heard him when he was just amazing...while 9 out of 10 times, it were the drugs that were amazing

PS Had I have been there and heard 'WASHING MACHINE' would have been doing cartwheels across the dancefloor

Thanks for the review...and ur right, the person who told me how it was the 'sickest night ever' was reallllllly fucked up...its good to hear what it was like from a sober point of view, however, I must say he has been trainwrecking alot lately and people do notice it fucked up or not, however they arent goin to stop seeing their favorite dj b/c of it.

RayRay - I have made this argument a 100x - when JP is on point, he is THE MAN, when he is off, he is the ABSOLUTE WORST, its a 50/50 chance you have to take and that is why his fans keep goin back, to relive that one time they heard him when he was just amazing...while 9 out of 10 times, it were the drugs that were amazing

PS Had I have been there and heard 'WASHING MACHINE' would have been doing cartwheels across the dancefloor

Ur right cynstam, you go back hoping that JP will be on point that night, althought I gotta say that chance he will be on is not 50/50 anymore i think its sunk down to 30(good)/70(bad). Cynstam I guarantee u would not have been doing cartwheels to washing machine because once again JP fucked it up and it sounded terrible. On Halloween JP was def on point and I really enjoyed his 4th of July set too. The other parties this year were so-so and classics was just plain terrible. ALOT of people go to JP parties because thats where everyone they know is going. Ray I met u for the first time at a JP party, and we all know what u think of him, so why did u go? Because thats where ur boys were going and the same goes for alot us bro. Im not an idiot I know how bad JP has been playing recently lol. He did drop some bombs but dropped alot more garbage than anything. Regardless you will see me at JP's birthday at roxy with high hopes that JP will bring his "a game" if not oh well everyone I kno will be there and I will make the best of it with my friends. And even hearin a few bombs i guess is worth it.

Cynstam I guarantee u would not have been doing cartwheels to washing machine because once again JP fucked it up and it sounded terrible. On Halloween JP was def on point .

Thats just terrible....I on the other hand had the WORST experience on Halloween and wrote off JP for good...

1) b/c his fans get worse and worse at each party

2) the venues keep getting worse and worse - Avalon was a disaster

3) I liked Madonna's "Hung Up" the first time I heard it, but 2 hear it looped for 45 mins in midst of all that chaos was like my mind was goin to explode

4) I got ripped off by someone who I thought was a friend but instead a scumbag, typical of his fan base but I guess that was my fault for being a nice person and thinking that everyone I meet is a good person (like me)

5) we decided to drink b4 we got to Avalon and that was a big mistake, had to carry my sister's lifeless body out of Avalon at 4...good thing she only ways 90 lbs...i hate to say it but I guess the only way to enjoy a JP party is by being really effed up

I really enjoyed the S&M party in April...and u said it best, its great to hear those couple sick tracks while ur chillin with your friends

Thats just terrible....I on the other hand had the WORST experience on Halloween and wrote off JP for good...

3) I liked Madonna's "Hung Up" the first time I heard it, but 2 hear it looped for 45 mins in midst of all that chaos was like my mind was goin to explode

4) I got ripped off by someone who I thought was a friend but instead a scumbag, typical of his fan base but I guess that was my fault for being a nice person and thinking that everyone I meet is a good person (like me)

5) we decided to drink b4 we got to Avalon and that was a big mistake, had to carry my sister's lifeless body out of Avalon at 4...good thing she only ways 90 lbs...i hate to say it but I guess the only way to enjoy a JP party is by being really effed up

I really enjoyed the S&M party in April...and u said it best, its great to hear those couple sick tracks while ur chillin with your friends

Sorry to hear that u had such a disastrous time on Halloween. Its a shame you didnt get to appreciate the music because I think it was the best night musically for JP all year. He did play Hung Up for a lil too long but he really was killin it that night. The venue itself was terrible, way too hot and crowded, it took half hour just to get outside for a cig. I enjoyed Halloween tho and I was sober but like u said for the majority of people they just go to JP and are so whacked they can enjoy the music.

I agree, I was a huge JP fan but I haven't been to a party since the S&M party b/c it's just such a gamble. Knowing that the venues he plays suck and the crowd is going to suck doesn't make it worth the 30% chance the music is going to be good for me. It's a shame b/c when he' s on he is amazing, but no decent club wants to bring in his crowd.

i dont kno , but JP parties have changed, i was always going to SF way back in the day. i was with some people under 21 so i had not much choice this year, well i was very dissapointed with the way he spun, he was playin the same track for like hours it seemed, and the good tracks he did drop were'nt even on for long...then he seemed as if he kept messing up, i dont kno but i prob will not be going to another one. overall the party was ok, i had fun cuz i was with a bunch of fun people but, overall JP was def off from what he use to be like.

WOW!! ppl this man is just a DJ!! he is not the messiah!! I am a huge JP but also like many other DJS!! My review of the night was i entered at 8am and stayed until 530-6pm... during this time jp was ok/good!! i was much more impressed at his halloween and thanksgiving party!! For NYE i did expect more of a dressed up venue/decor performances!! but if you have been a true fan over the years not just post SF years you all would know yes he may have fell of alittle but his style is what the True fan appriciates!! And if you did not go to his party WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU POSTING IN THIS THREAD RAY RAY!! HOW COULD YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE NIGHT WAS!! I HAD A GREAT TIME.. I AM NOT A FUCKIN DJ MUSIC JUDGE SO IF HE MEESED UP A COUPLE TIMES THE MAN IS HUMAN I AM SURE ALL THE DJS ALL YOU LIKE HAVE DONE SO AS WELL... PLUS JP AT TIMES TRIES TO DO TO MUCH WITH HIS TRACKS AND MY MESS UP AT TIMES BUT MOST JUST PLAY THE TRACKS WITH NO EXTRA EFX!! SOME OF YOU WHO POST NEED TO UNDERSTAND OR GROW UP THAT CLUBPLANET SHOULD NOT BE YOUR FUCKIN LIFES GOAL TO POST ON EVERYTHING AND HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO.... THIS BOARD AMAZES ME AT TIMES!! WELL I THINK I SAID ENOUGH PEACE!!

WOW!! ppl this man is just a DJ!! he is not the messiah!! I am a huge JP but also like many other DJS!! My review of the night was i entered at 8am and stayed until 530-6pm... during this time jp was ok/good!! i was much more impressed at his halloween and thanksgiving party!! For NYE i did expect more of a dressed up venue/decor performances!! but if you have been a true fan over the years not just post SF years you all would know yes he may have fell of alittle but his style is what the True fan appriciates!! And if you did not go to his party WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU POSTING IN THIS THREAD RAY RAY!! HOW COULD YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE NIGHT WAS!! I HAD A GREAT TIME.. I AM NOT A FUCKIN DJ MUSIC JUDGE SO IF HE MEESED UP A COUPLE TIMES THE MAN IS HUMAN I AM SURE ALL THE DJS ALL YOU LIKE HAVE DONE SO AS WELL... PLUS JP AT TIMES TRIES TO DO TO MUCH WITH HIS TRACKS AND MY MESS UP AT TIMES BUT MOST JUST PLAY THE TRACKS WITH NO EXTRA EFX!! SOME OF YOU WHO POST NEED TO UNDERSTAND OR GROW UP THAT CLUBPLANET SHOULD NOT BE YOUR FUCKIN LIFES GOAL TO POST ON EVERYTHING AND HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO.... THIS BOARD AMAZES ME AT TIMES!! WELL I THINK I SAID ENOUGH PEACE!!

EXACLTY.... The guy is spinning for 24hrs for gods sakes... If he wrecks who cares..... PLUS roseland is a concert hall.. EVERYTHING HAD AN ECHO SO IT SOUNDED LIKE A TRAIN WRECK... You could only hear the wrecks if u were actually on the dance floor... If you were by the bar... FORGET IT.. every song sounded like garbage..

i havent been to a JP party since Surf in June which was really good..i dont know what i was thinking goin yday...dont know what i was really expecting....i got there at 1030 am the music was good for a little then it was horrible..i felt like the same beat was playin and i even got a headache after a while..lol..the crowd was horrible, i was trippin over garbage all night..worst venue hes ever been @ imo....left @ 4 couldnt take it anymore..it was good to see ppl i havent seen but thats about it...i am officially done with JP...id rather remember the good times i had with him then go to his parties now......

EXACLTY.... The guy is spinning for 24hrs for gods sakes... If he wrecks who cares..... PLUS roseland is a concert hall.. EVERYTHING HAD AN ECHO SO IT SOUNDED LIKE A TRAIN WRECK... You could only hear the wrecks if u were actually on the dance floor... If you were by the bar... FORGET IT.. every song sounded like garbage..

Carmine thats a little rough bro we have always been cool so far man. CP is far from my life goal bro lol. Ive been on here since 2002 longer than most ppl on here and how many posts do i have? not even 200 when u got people who joined Nov 2005 with more posts than me, and people who have thousands of posts (no offense guys & girls) I left an hour after u got there and the music seemed to pickin up a little bit at that point but u werent there for the beginning so u cant really comment on that. Maybe u and clubbinnightly were on drugs I dunno, I do kno JP is not the messiah but I wa s sober and I heard the music for exactly what it was worth. And ALOT of times I had to stop dancin because JP fucked up so bad it sounded flat out terrible. Im just tryin to make people realize u have great DJ's like Lawler he spins flawlessy and then JP who is a good DJ, and I wanna let all these little kids at JP parties that there is a BIG difference between the two. Clubbingnightly did say it perfect tho, anywhere off of the main dance floor and the music sounded like one big trainwreck.. it was awful and this is why I stay on the dancefllor for the majority of the night and still got to hear alot of fuck ups. I do care if hes wrecks clubbinnightly because unlike most ppl there I go sober and it ruins whatever groove he had me in, unlike all the ppl on drugs who cant even hear it or just dont care. And if you use the excuse, "U gotta be on drugs to listen to JP" thats not valid because then that means hes flat out mad. If anyone thought his set was good you either we on alot of drugs or dont know too much about mixing and house music. Im done writing my fuckin novel now lol, just wanted to let u guys kno where Im coming from, cause there are 2 sides to every story. This board amazes me too but ppl are allowed to post their opinions, its all the drama and shit tallkin that amazes me carmine lol. Later bro.

Carmine thats a little rough bro we have always been cool so far man. CP is far from my life goal bro lol. Ive been on here since 2002 longer than most ppl on here and how many posts do i have? not even 200 when u got people who joined Nov 2005 with more posts than me, and people who have thousands of posts (no offense guys & girls) I left an hour after u got there and the music seemed to pickin up a little bit at that point but u werent there for the beginning so u cant really comment on that. Maybe u and clubbinnightly were on drugs I dunno, I do kno JP is not the messiah but I wa s sober and I heard the music for exactly what it was worth. And ALOT of times I had to stop dancin because JP fucked up so bad it sounded flat out terrible. Im just tryin to make people realize u have great DJ's like Lawler he spins flawlessy and then JP who is a good DJ, and I wanna let all these little kids at JP parties that there is a BIG difference between the two. Clubbingnightly did say it perfect tho, anywhere off of the main dance floor and the music sounded like one big trainwreck.. it was awful and this is why I stay on the dancefllor for the majority of the night and still got to hear alot of fuck ups. I do care if hes wrecks clubbinnightly because unlike most ppl there I go sober and it ruins whatever groove he had me in, unlike all the ppl on drugs who cant even hear it or just dont care. And if you use the excuse, "U gotta be on drugs to listen to JP" thats not valid because then that means hes flat out mad. If anyone thought his set was good you either we on alot of drugs or dont know too much about mixing and house music. Im done writing my fuckin novel now lol, just wanted to let u guys kno where Im coming from, cause there are 2 sides to every story. This board amazes me too but ppl are allowed to post their opinions, its all the drama and shit tallkin that amazes me carmine lol. Later bro.

No bro this was def. not intended for you!! Since you went you are def. intitled to your opinion its just ppl who dont attend but yet throw in there 2 cents about the night.... LOL also i am not a nightly clubber... i have only been out 3 times in the last three months.... sorry if you took it personally.... and i spend most of my time in the music forum for i am a huge music lover.... i also had my head on straight yesterday.... wish i could of meet u.... you def.. seem like a good guy!!! as for JP spining skills i did mention that i def. heard him mess up at times and there were def. a couple of times the beats montanous and i did not feel like dancing but again this is just my side of it!! take care bro!!

Ok Carmine, u obviously dont go to any other parties but JP parties, cause no, other DJ's dont train wreck like JP does 5 times a nite. For you to say that JPs set was good, you dont know shit about house music. Do yourself a favor and go see Lawler, Roger Sanchez, etc.... Then you will see what a real DJ should sound like, Not a cracked out washed up tina head like JP. The guy is horrible, if you read all the reviews most people said the set was horrible, besides for you. Dosent that tell you something. Its the idiots like you that keep JP going when he should be DJing sweet 16 parties. But whatever dude, go to his parties, I dont give a fuck what your stupid ass does. Maybe you like hearing horse shit when you go out. When 7 out of 10 people said it was terrible, that should tell you something about your taste in music is absolutley horrible. WELL I THINK I SAID ENOUGH PEACE!!!!!!!