Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hip hotel for travelling solo?

hey all--

i know there's been a lot of discussion already about hotels and i've looked into tons of them but here's the thing: since i'm (unfortunately) probably going by myself i'm looking for a art-deco place to stay where i can meet quality fun people. i can't afford the very top of the line but i don't want to be somewhere i feel uncomfortable either (too much of a scam scene). any suggestions??

thanks

hey all--

i know there's been a lot of discussion already about hotels and i've looked into tons of them but here's the thing: since i'm (unfortunately) probably going by myself i'm looking for a art-deco place to stay where i can meet quality fun people. i can't afford the very top of the line but i don't want to be somewhere i feel uncomfortable either (too much of a scam scene). any suggestions??

thanks

Try a place where they host small parties/events or have free happy hours for guests. (Chesterfield, Shelborne, etc.)

As for prices they are INFLATED cuz it's WMC especially since you waited so long to book hotel. I was lucky and booked the crescent suites at $259/night within a day they announced the dates of WMC. A week later the rates skyrocketed after hotels found out the dates. It's now $439 a night for the same room.

thanks--

i know i know! i have to book quickly: i've actually been looking for a couple of months but thought i was going with a group of people who have now all backed out on me:mad:

there are still places but since i'm on my own i'm gonna end up spending a small fortune.....

wah.

0k---

here's a couple that still have a decent rate:

anyone have an opinion about the South Beach Hotel or the Crest hotel?

what about the brooklyn hotel? (although i'm not sure they still have room)

i've also been looking at the Nash, the Chelsea and the Bentley (but those 3 are so price inflated right now!)

thanks