Clubplanet Nightlife Community

L.A. vs. N.Y.

kaynor09

I just moved to L.A. from Connecticut. Like many of my friends who come visit me, they are disappointed in the club scene of L.A. because we are so used to NY nightlife.

Why do clubs close so early...with only a couple afterhours places?

Techno/Trance is nowhere near as popular as it is in NY.

People in NY dress to dance...not to just look pretty. I hate that whole image thing. Play some music and lets flooooow to the beat!!!

The bouncers in L.A. look like secret service when the bouncers in NY look like they're ready to kick your ass :).

The girls in L.A. can't dance....and the ones that can aren't from L.A.

Where's the guy selling the "steak on a stick"? haha.

I just moved to L.A. from Connecticut. Like many of my friends who come visit me, they are disappointed in the club scene of L.A. because we are so used to NY nightlife.

People in NY dress to dance...not to just look pretty. I hate that whole image thing. Play some music and lets flooooow to the beat!!!

The bouncers in L.A. look like secret service when the bouncers in NY look like they're ready to kick your ass :).

That b/c LA sucks

Please...stop whining and get out of my state, then.

You just need to know where to go. It's not all about a pretentious scene, but YEAH, the music is different. Try San Fran some weekend, you might find something there...minus the trance, for the most part. Electro, turntablism, and techno previal in SF, as well as a booming Hip hop scene. Also, L.A. is HUGE on private house parties. Circulate and network, and in time maybe you'll find a happy medium.(if you're decent looking, sorry but image rules unless you're super talented at something. sowwie)

Hey, at least the Rock is good in L.A. ;) Hey man, I know a lot of professional dancers from L.A. that can rip up the floors, biaaatch! They just don't have to go to clubs, they get invited to the private parties. All you see is leftovers, FYI! ^_^

Some bouncers I know in L.A. are all black belts. watch out! :P

VIVA LA CALI!

who would be known for that? I don't know if I've ever heard it before...There are def genre's of house I'm clueless on because I focus my energies on other genres. :)

Start focusing on house!

Miguel Migs

Hipp-E

Jay-J

Chris Lum

Jeno

Dizzy & The High Plains Drifters

Dubtribe Sound System

Andy Caldwell

Marques Wyatt

The Om camp

Doc Martin

:D

Start focusing on house!

Miguel Migs

Hipp-E

Jay-J

Chris Lum

Jeno

Dizzy & The High Plains Drifters

Dubtribe Sound System

Andy Caldwell

Marques Wyatt

The Om camp

Doc Martin

:D

I can't thank you enough to give me a place to start.

If you would enlighten me, I would be delighted such an expert would take the time. Thank you. :) I often think I'm limiting my ears to the multi-faceted pleasure they deserve.

I can't thank you enough to give me a place to start.

If you would enlighten me, I would be delighted such an expert would take the time. Thank you. :) I often think I'm limiting my ears to the multi-faceted pleasure they deserve.

Can you please translate that into common English that us quasi-normal people can understand? :D

who would be known for that? I don't know if I've ever heard it before...There are def genre's of house I'm clueless on because I focus my energies on other genres. :)

You're clueless because you have over 3000 posts on a fucking messageboard when you are supposedly "REAL COOL CUZ YOU LIVE IN LA".

You must be one of those smelly assholes that wish you can get invited to a cool LA house party so she can stop posting for one fucking night on clunplanet.com.

Twat.

-iliana

You're clueless because you have over 3000 posts on a fucking messageboard when you are supposedly "REAL COOL CUZ YOU LIVE IN LA".

You must be one of those smelly assholes that wish you can get invited to a cool LA house party so she can stop posting for one fucking night on clunplanet.com.

Twat.

-iliana

I was talking about the EDM scene in S.F., a place I haven't gone out near as much as L.A. fyi...

I live in Miami. I'm from California, a true native, and have lived all over it, including L.A. No, I'm not trying to be cool; he was dissin' the L.A. scene so I told him what I've experienced firsthand, OK? if I got a little pissy, excuse me, but I love L.A. very much. Excuuuse me for coming to L.A.'s defense. House parties don't have to be in mansions or have a lot of people to have a good time, I was defending him calling L.A. girls, bad dancers, when I know some girls that are amazing dancers, albiet professional porformance artists, but great dancers nonetheless..so..please don't get your panties in a bunch. You don't even know who I know, so don't assume anything. and uh...lighten up, I'm quite sarcastic at times.

wow, I post here every single day? I must've missed that memo. :)

she must be from NY, with gotti up there. now it all makes sense, lol...