Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto

sweet4wks

I went to the Tiesto show. Pretty amazing setup, both sound and visual aspects were absolutely mind-blowing. I've never been to a show quite like this and doubt I ever will again. Lights, video, lasers, pyro, even balloons. Really good fucking time.

Best of all, the huge number and variety of live performers really set it off, and allowed Tiesto to mix in a lot of musical styles that you generally don't hear out of a trance DJ (e.g. a really killer samba/Carnivale session with live drums and brazilian dancers, a sweet set with Taiko drummers, etc)

The floor of the arena was mostly filled, and at any time it seemed like the seating was maybe one-fifth or so occupied. The Orleans holds something like 18K for concerts between the floor and the seats, so I'll guess there were around 8-10K people there. The crowd size was actually ideal as you had enough room to dance just about wherever you wanted,

I couldn't even begin to let you know all the tracks he played, but I will say that he was really on fire and certainly didn't limit himself to focusing on ISOS4 tracks or other trance tunes that you hear most everywhere. There were a number of times when I would take a break from the floor and chill out in the seats and really focus on the music, and then realize he was working four or five tracks together, sampling, looping, building, progressing and dropping them in and out seamlessly. Easily some of the best multi-track EDM layering I've ever heard in a live setting, and it really gave me a new respect for Tiesto's abilities behind the decks. The music alone blew the doors off of any club date I've ever heard him play.

Tiesto played from shortly after 9pm until just before 4am -- and he was boucning around his entire booth the entire time, constantly pumped and working the crowd. No question he was really into the entire show, as was the crowd.