Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I think i met the worse promoters ever

the reason why no ny dj has made a big splash YET is cause all the rooms are catering to european djs and people are eating it up.

I dont agree. Back in the late 1990's when the euro Dj's were alot bigger then they are now, we had bangin parties in NY.

I think what you say is, there are no real good NY parties, so everybody has to deal with euro.

But political reasons might be the cause of this.

Damn a few days ago i met these 2 "promoters" who really annoyed the shit out of me. To me this is whats wrong with the industry.

SCENERIO 1:

Talking to this guy and hes like "wurd i know your face and stuff so your cool and i can talk to you"(???wtf) I asked him what does he think of sucj and suck djs and parties and even the party he was involved with. Hes like i dont give a shit who these djs are and i dont know thier names. I just wanna bring in heads get paid and hopefully get laid. Im like so you dont care that such and such dj ios palying here tonite. Hes like wurd its a dude i thought it was a girl and no i dont care owners gonna pay me anyway.

Does anybody else see anytig wrong with this picture,

SCENERIO 2:

Met another promoter a few hrs later lol and she was like yeah man im trying to get this dj to play and stuff and we had such and such b4. Im like wow you must really be a fan and support their parties when theyt play someplace else. She was like nah i dont go hear these guys but i read and hear good things so figured why not have them play.

SIGH, is this what this industry is like? People working with no passion or ideas or knowledge about certain djs and the scene and just doing it as a job.

this is why the nightlife is shittier than ever before ....thanx to uneducated promoters who last less than 6 months in the idustry because they promote big djs in local bars and such.

Fucking shame....im glad you pointed that out silverbull ....cause these fucks really piss me off.

fuck promoters...

those shady fuckin assholes:moon:

yeah especially that shady mofo who's running the party at SOL now...for serious though promoters can definitely be extremely annoying...they come up to me all the time on the street, etc. and I'll ask them who's spinning and they give me this blank look! It is ridiculous...ideally it would be great for all promoters to really believe in what they're promoting, but even if they're just trying to make a quick buck they should at least know what they're talking about!

May I speak on the behalf of the 'DREADED B & T CROWD' ...in every industry, you have people who are passionate about what they do, and people who are in it to make a quick buck...

...with so many venues, and so many parties, everyone is trying to jump on the bandwagon to make some extra $$$...I have befriended many a promoter in my day and I must say, I've seen it all, people who hug and kiss you when they see you but wont acknowledge your existence at the door...and then there are those that with a mere phone call, bend over backwards to get you & your friends comps. ...its what seperates the businessmen (and women) from the boys (and girls)

are these selected few passionate about what they do?? hellz yeah, or else they wouldnt be doing so...and its these peeps who stay in the industry for years and their parties are well attended...

its unfortunate there are a some bad apples in the bunch, that are in it for free drinks and to get laid b/c they are plain busted and that's the only way they can reach their childhood dream of being popular and get some ass

...so Gabe, just turn the other cheek and look the other way, kinda how u did with that guy with the glowsticks

PEACE

man i think im gonna ask to get paid from promoting all the parties and djs i love everywhere. Well maybe i wont ask and it will happen anyhow lol. Only thing i ask for is when i put another STIMULUS RESPONSE event is for people to know that im putting together a slamming party with slamming music.

Damn a few days ago i met these 2 "promoters" who really annoyed the shit out of me. To me this is whats wrong with the industry.

SCENERIO 1:

Talking to this guy and hes like "wurd i know your face and stuff so your cool and i can talk to you"(???wtf) I asked him what does he think of sucj and suck djs and parties and even the party he was involved with. Hes like i dont give a shit who these djs are and i dont know thier names. I just wanna bring in heads get paid and hopefully get laid. Im like so you dont care that such and such dj ios palying here tonite. Hes like wurd its a dude i thought it was a girl and no i dont care owners gonna pay me anyway.

Does anybody else see anytig wrong with this picture,

SCENERIO 2:

Met another promoter a few hrs later lol and she was like yeah man im trying to get this dj to play and stuff and we had such and such b4. Im like wow you must really be a fan and support their parties when theyt play someplace else. She was like nah i dont go hear these guys but i read and hear good things so figured why not have them play.

SIGH, is this what this industry is like? People working with no passion or ideas or knowledge about certain djs and the scene and just doing it as a job.

How does someone promote someone they know nothing about... isn't that kinda of an oxymoron... emphasis on the moron...

How does someone promote someone they know nothing about... isn't that kinda of an oxymoron... emphasis on the moron...

happens all the time in the music industry

most famous example,

50 cents first album power of the dollar flopped and Columbia records dropped him....

then a eminem and dre worked with 50 and all of a sudden a flop tuned platinum.

how did they do this, all by promoting him as the next tupac

well promoters only care about money, but when they get the established party then its about the party.......everyone has to b a promoter now, dj's bartenders everyone, which is the way it should b...... i have a core of promoters who promote for me what ever party im involved in and not the club which is great for me because i found ppl who believe in me as a dj sucks for the clubs though..... my promoters pull a bunch of ppl the night im there then nothing the next week but thats the clubs and main promoters fault.... alot of promoters have a loyality to their friends who are djs which i understand but its not smart bizznez

with the internet these days, how hard is it... really...... to "promote"

people are going to go out on the weekends regardless if a promoter hands out flyers, or what ever.

for example, no one ever "promoted" sound factory... people knew where the club was, they heard about it, it was open every saturday, and people went. Same with twilo and every other club. Maybe you can "spread the word" of a new Dj coming into town.

to me, a promoters job is grossly over rated. back when I was in college, and they had college parties, then yeah, I see you get people to go to these parties, but now, when your 25-30 years old and such, where do you go to "promote" ...lets get serious now... people are not in school anymore, you cant just hand out flyers and stuff..

I dont know, maybe there is alot more to promoting but people are going to go out on the weekends anyway. I find out all of my clubbing information through the internet, so maybe I am different?

I agree Silver...this is the reason i stopped promoting in the city...There were no more true promoters that believed in the parties anymore it was just all about the money...Just wasnt havin a good time anymore...Now I pretty much go by word of mouth dont really look at flyers anymore...Only take the really edgy flyers and put them on my wall...