Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who's the dj that FIRST inspired you to get out there and dance?

weyes

who is the dj that first inspired you to dance? i'm not talking about the first dj you liked or the one you liked to listen to most often when you started to listen to edm. i'm talking about the first dj who told your body that you just couldn't stay still anymore and seemed to drag you on the dancefloor (or even just your living room!) without your knowing it.

to further explain, i had been going to parties/raves for a couple of years before i really felt connected to it all. i danced, but i always felt self-conscious and like something was missing.

i'll tell you who mine is when you tell me yours :D !

my first dj was psycho bitch from chicago.. she had a whole bunch of us dancing non stop for months...

and then digweed had me...

now it's junkie...

and it continues!!!!!!!

I am in dire need to see the Chemical Brothers again and I cant wait to be devirginzed by UNDERWORLD

i'm pretty sure i was, if i recall correctly. i lived in NY from mid 2000 until summer 2001

were you there?

yes! i can't believe we were in the same room and never met :( . i had just joined cp. you've gotta come out here, vic! hopefully someone great will be at spundae!

o, and the woman who woke up the dancer in me (i had been a dancer when i was young, but that was tap, modern, etc. - not the stuff we do in clubs.) was space girl. she does live p.a. stuff, she's not a dj, but she made me get on out to the dancefloor, which was actually pretty empty at the time. it was at the roxy in new york and she was one of the first people up, and i didn't care who saw me or what they thought.

the lineup was pretty varied: space girl was with the likes of dj craze and none other than slick rick. the next day was the first time i played hooky from my new job; the party was on a weeknight, and i went alone. but i just couldn't miss slick rick. i was just lucky to find my muse there, and i'm still grateful.

yes! i can't believe we were in the same room and never met :( . i had just joined cp. you've gotta come out here, vic! hopefully someone great will be at spundae!

lol. who knows, maybe were standing next to each other at the bar - haha!

well i'm not going to wmc this year, 'cos i wanna go out to the west coast. already talked with some of my cousins out there so i can crash with them for a few days while i'm out there. still havent looked at the dates yet. i just need to get off my couch and start looking at dates and stuff.

lol. who knows, maybe were standing next to each other at the bar - haha!

well i'm not going to wmc this year, 'cos i wanna go out to the west coast. already talked with some of my cousins out there so i can crash with them for a few days while i'm out there. still havent looked at the dates yet. i just need to get off my couch and start looking at dates and stuff.

yay! just say "no" to avalon :laugh2: ...