Clubplanet Nightlife Community

smoke and ash (what's with all the fire?)

weyes

i work up in east orange, in the mountains. yesterday morning there were plumes of dark brown-grey smoke filling up our sky. by mid-afternoon, we were walking in a smoky fog. i work at a school, but we didn't close. there was ash in the air and the smell was overpowering, but i had to stay in that till 7. there's still ash in the air this morning and everyone's starting to smell like beef jerky.

the news' take on it? "it's not even fire season."

i work up in east orange, in the mountains. yesterday morning there were plumes of dark brown-grey smoke filling up our sky. by mid-afternoon, we were walking in a smoky fog. i work at a school, but we didn't close. there was ash in the air and the smell was overpowering, but i had to stay in that till 7. there's still ash in the air this morning and everyone's starting to smell like beef jerky.

Do not inhall it. There was a doctor on the radio last night explaining how unhealthful it is to inhale it.

That's fucking crazy dude.

California wildfire believed started from escaped controlled burn

ORANGE, Calif. (AP) - US Forest Service officials say remnants of a controlled burn that escaped is the apparent cause of a wildfire that has burned more than 65-hundred acres in northeastern Orange County.

The blaze triggered evacuations of more than two-thousand homes in Orange and Anaheim Hills. Despite gusty Santa Ana winds, no homes were lost and evacuation orders were lifted this afternoon.

Chief Rich Hawkins of the Cleveland National Forest says fire crews ignited a prescribed burn last Thursday in a ten-acre area near Sierra Peak, close to the area where the fire began.

Hawkins says the apparent cause won't be considered final for two weeks.

He says further prescribed burns in the forest are temporarily suspended.

The fire is ten percent contained.

and people always blame it on campers...

Seriously, what kind of winter is this? I feel like it has been hot/warm about 75% of the year. Makes you start believing in global warming when our seasons are all out of wack. I dont even remember a time when I used my AIR CONDITIONER during the winter!

Seriously, what kind of winter is this? I feel like it has been hot/warm about 75% of the year. Makes you start believing in global warming when our seasons are all out of wack...
i believed in it before, but it's speeding up too quickly for me :worry: .