Clubplanet Nightlife Community

can you die from not sleeping

I can't really relate to what you're going through except for the part about not getting any sleep... two exams... DONE... two 15-page papers... WRITTEN... two exams and one 15-page paper to go... >O.o<

I don't think you can die from not sleeping, but you *will* qualify as "Legally Insane" if you don't get sleep for over 72 hours... cwm4.gif

------------------

The purpose of life? To die young as late as possible.

icon_happykittn.gificon_tarepanda.gificon_whip.gificon_hkstudy.gificon_sailormoon.gif

no i am living proof

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Actually, I know of studies in which rats were kept awake by being put on rotating cylinders.

After a while, they did die. But if you are even getting 'micro-sleeps' or short naps, then your brain is getting a chance to regenerate a bit.

If you're seriously not getting any sleep, you should probably see a doctor or some kind of therapist. Remember, being stressed about not sleeping may be what's keeping you up.

do all the goofy stuff, take a bubble bath, no TV, drink hot cocoa, lie down... relax...

Good luck

------------------

"Buckle up"

-she knows who she is.

If that were the case I would have been dead like 3 years ago. I go through stages of not sleeping for like 7 months. Its lovely. i am going through it again now. It usually starts at this time. I fall asleep around 530am when i have to be up at 715. Its great. All i can say is thank god for sleeping pills!!!! cwm28.gif

------------------

~As long as you live and high you fly the smiles you give and tears you cry is all your life will ever be~

~Dream as if you will live forever, live like you will die tomorrow~ ~

* Life isn't measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

If you die from not sleeping, you'll get plenty of sleep when you drop dead... so don't worry about it... if you don't post anymore then I'll take it you either died or went to sleep.

So, it's all good either way.

------------------

Dream a little dream... and fawk the dejavus and nightmares!

caveman.gif

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

Somone starts calling you Tyler Durden...and you start screwing a chick named Marla...then you've got problems.

excellent usage... props to the fight club.

cwm29.gifcwm30.gifcwm29.gifcwm30.gif

~~

------------------

ski_accident_md_wht.gif

"Happy the man, and happy he alone, he who can call today his own, he who, secure within, can say, 'Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have liv'd today'." - Horace

"Be excellent to each other." - Rufus

Originally posted by deanna11:

public class get_sleep(int sleep)

{ if (sleep <= 0)

aid codeine = new aid;

if (sleep <= 1)

aid diphenhydramine = new aid;

if (sleep <= 2)

aid beer = new aid;

}

People, right there is what happens when your in the middle of studying for finals..

------------------

Did you find your ecstacy???

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

Originally posted by noiseboy:

i hardly ever sleep on weekends anymore. . .

as long as you get some rest at some point you'll be fine. . . cwm35.gif

You gonna listen to noiseboy? You crazy? Just look at him... he's got no face, just white teeth and all eyeballs >>>> cwm35.gif

------------------

Dream a little dream... and fawk the dejavus and nightmares!

caveman.gif