Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Door guy at Body English Friday Nights

chrisgsi

When will the time come when we have female bouncers?

I used to have a couple of chicks checking ID's and handling the cover at a place here in Newport that I ran the door at. It worked out OK, and if anything started brewing my other door guy, myself or both of us would step in and handle it. I think we actually had less problems, kind of a "setting the tone" at the door policy. I was amazed at how many less people I had bitching about the cover too.

Simply knowing the name of one or more of the door staff at BE -- or any top Vegas club, really -- won't do you jack squat. If you start dropping names and they don't know your face, you better be on a list or you'll wind up on the outside looking in all night long.

Door guys get very little respect as it is, the last thing you want to do is fuck around with them and try to pretend you know them or someone else.

Simply knowing the name of one or more of the door staff at BE -- or any top Vegas club, really -- won't do you jack squat. If you start dropping names and they don't know your face, you better be on a list or you'll wind up on the outside looking in all night long.

Door guys get very little respect as it is, the last thing you want to do is fuck around with them and try to pretend you know them or someone else.

BPM Mag had a great article a few months back about a top LA door person (female)... I luved the quote she gave .. something like "If you know my name but Ive never met you, doesnt do anything for you. And if you pronounce it wrong, get out of my friggen liine" lolllll

BPM Mag had a great article a few months back about a top LA door person (female)... I luved the quote she gave .. something like "If you know my name but Ive never met you, doesnt do anything for you. And if you pronounce it wrong, get out of my friggen liine" lolllll

i think that was 'Pantera' Sarah - she does the door for some of the Brent Bolthouse events

When will the time come when we have female bouncers?

They have about 3 that works at Body English and 2 at Pure.

As for Body English the doormen or securtiy guards wont be able to do squat for you. They use a door host which walks the rope there. If he doesn't know you, forget about it. If you drop a familiar name and you're on the list then you stand a better chance. If you see a little asian kid with a shaved head and tattoos flag him down, he is the unofficial door host for Body and should be able to help :) heehee