miami scene?

stickman

Which has the hipper dance scene?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which has the hipper dance scene?

• Miami
    • L.A.
    • San Francisco

i'm a musician/EDM programmer thinking about moving to miami, but never been there...

what electronic genres are biggest in the big rooms? in the underground rooms?

concerning live music: i know there's a big latin & latin hybrid thing going on down there. what other live genres are really blowin up there? (i'm most into groove-based bands, BTW)

Why in the world would you move to a place you have never been to?

:huh:

ideally, i'd visit every place that i'm considering as a possible destination. but... like i said in the post, i'm a MUSICIAN, and therefore not the richest guy in the world w/the funds to make all these trips when i'm having to save $ for the move, etc as well.

basically, i'm just currently in a place (fayetteville, AR) that used to be all right w/the music scene, for a small city, but that has gone way downhill the past few years, and i definitely need a change of scenery so that making a living as a musician/EDM artist is a viable option (so i can have $ for trips, etc.... :).

so, w/this in mind, i'm having to do a lot of research on the net to try to make the right move. i went to chicago before xmas to check the scene, but it didn't feel right for my girlfriend and i. we'll probably take another trip to one of my top three choices--miami, san fran, or LA (already ruled out NYC and chicago for various reasons)--but i haven't yet been to these three places, and can't afford to visit all three beforehand. plus, time is of the essence.... i'm anxious to be in a more real scene than what i have around me...

i'm a musician/EDM programmer thinking about moving to miami, but never been there...

what electronic genres are biggest in the big rooms? in the underground rooms?

concerning live music: i know there's a big latin & latin hybrid thing going on down there. what other live genres are really blowin up there? (i'm most into groove-based bands, BTW)

I love Miami - don't know if it would be what you are looking for though...visit 1st...but there is also Austin, Tx - growing city, clean, good music scene, good economy....pretty good weather...or if cold doesn't bother you...Chicago...I may be bias but the music scene there is as good as any in the country and offers up way more diversity.

never been anywhere else but Miami....... love it but musically i think overall id really dig san fran

lust4house and aquaboooty as well as shine though bringin the stuff i like though.. keep it up guys :)

cant forget locals as well

seth, lyrik, sebastian, groove eric, sheldon, JC, Jason Wiggil, DHM .... list goes on

never been anywhere else but Miami....... love it but musically i think overall id really dig san fran

lust4house and aquaboooty as well as shine though bringin the stuff i like though.. keep it up guys :)

seth, lyrik, sebastian, groove eric, sheldon, JC, Jason Wiggil, DHM .... list goes on

I see you finally got around to unpacking your Hannukah present:

logotitle.gif

:D

cause u are a cheap bastard

Luis Puig has started a war for Sunday crowds.

Anyone went to see Pete Tong on Sunday @ Mansion? :laugh2:

YEEAHHH

BOOOYYYYYYYY!!!

I liked you better when you were with Public Enemy, since you fell in love with Brigitte Nielsen, you've become such a pussy...foofie, foofie, what the fuck is that??? Keep it real yo...I pop a cap on ya knee, ya hear me????

:mad:

trust me, you don't wanna move here...the scene sucks, we are all a bunch of sons of bitches and the whole thing is just annoying as fuck...stay wherever you are, I mean...at least you have internet...I'm writing from an internet café...please, send food, money :(