Clubplanet Nightlife Community

wuts the deal with trance?

but isnt the consensus that JP is half the DJ now than when he was spinning trance. so let me get this straight .. he was good when he spun music that no one likes. . . and when he spins stuff people like now he sucks? or is peoples evalutaion of him strictly on the basis of his technical mixing skills.

Times have changed. I think thats enough said. I mean fuckin Sasha and Digweed used to spin trance. Its a diff time, music evolves and changes. The good Djs change with the times, the bad ones get left behind.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Times have changed. I think thats enough said. I mean fuckin Sasha and Digweed used to spin trance. Its a diff time, music evolves and changes. The good Djs change with the times, the bad ones get left behind.

IMO

wrong!! dj's looking to make a buck change with the times.. dj's with no true identities change with the times.. good dj's play what they love..

wrong!! dj's looking to make a buck change with the times.. dj's with no true identities change with the times.. good dj's play what they love..

well said. . . If it wasn't for dj's showing some originality how would the scene ever evolve and change. I wish some dj's would show some more individuality as well as not be so affraid to play some classics now and then. I know too many dj's that play matterial just cause it's new or a certain dj plays it yet the song is horrible. If only I wasn't a slave to the "promoters atmosphere" I would definitely mix it up with more of the harder classics. who knows i'm sure i'll do a party allowing me some more freedom someday.

IMO

Well put, I cannot disagree with you, but in some cases some change is needed. If Sasha and Digweed were still playing trance, they would not be where they are now. I understand your point, but good DJ's also relize when a change is needed.

agree to disagree... i dont really buy it.. i think it's a shallow crowd for the most part and i think if you were to somehow get the hot chicks that go to see boris to do something else most people would jump ship as well.. just my opinion though..

Boris benefits a lot from the people who will go to a party just because they think everyone else is going to that party. I went to catch Boris for my boy's B-day a few months ago, and we were there for maybe 4 hours. There were tracks he spun 2 and 3 times, in a 4 hour timespan. Not 3 different mixes of a track, the same damn track 3 times. And I wasn't fucked up on anything besides a few beers, so I am damn sure this was the case. I got no love for a DJ that pulls that, especially with the kind of dough and fame he is getting these days.