• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plasmic honey always sucked.

their productions were horrible.

the sound was noisy and equed terribly.

very amateur shit.

Fun? YES..VERY

but they cant be compared to scott project and cosmic gate...same music...BUT as producers..totally different)

funky/electro house can be cool to dance and hang out to but trance seems to be so much more powerful. And what happened to all that dark trance- today everything is light melodic trance for the most part. Is there really no market for say cosmic gate/scot project/plasmic honey/hi-gate etc. - this type of music fueled the biggest club era in nyc and now nobody likes it ? kinda doesn't make any sence.

of course it makes sense, thats why "nobody listens to techno".. you basically proved a point... the "club era" is over, most parties are being replaced by hip hop and reggaeton because as soon as you play "techno" the dance floor clears... crazy when people aint "dancing" to dance music....

Corstern! He's not a Jew. :rofl:

lol, that's hilarious. I don't like trance myself, but to each his own. As for it's general popularity, I don't think there's any way trance is as popular as house in NY. I have been to several trance parties in the past year b/c a good friend of mine is into it, and the regular parties (ex. Ferry CorSTEN at Crobar) are not packed at all. When AVB, Tiesto or PVD comes into town their parties are packed, but only b/c they are hardly ever around. House DJs definitely draw a much more consistent crowd.

lol, that's hilarious. I don't like trance myself, but to each his own. As for it's general popularity, I don't think there's any way trance is as popular as house in NY. I have been to several trance parties in the past year b/c a good friend of mine is into it, and the regular parties (ex. Ferry CorSTEN at Crobar) are not packed at all. When AVB, Tiesto or PVD comes into town their parties are packed, but only b/c they are hardly ever around. House DJs definitely draw a much more consistent crowd.

:rofl: Corsten I meant. Good looking.

I really dont understand how some people are attackin others saying this music sucks or that music sucks. if it was not for the music, then we would not have a nightclub to go to. i have heard many many many DJs in my time. i have heard alot of Top DJs of the world. and they play there shit. classify it as trance, house, tribal progressive. bla bla bla bla bla. its music that makes you move. to me there are to many differnt types of club music out there now. i have heard trance djs play house and tribal, i have heard house djs play trance and progressive, i have heard tribal djs play funky house and happy hardcore. i really dont give a shit cause i love it all. yes i am starting to like tribal more cause my favorite club (Deko) has that kind of vibe. but they play alot of house and progressive as well as trance and everything. i dont think you can go to one club for just one type of music, they have to play it all. even if it is a trance remix of a house song. like someone said before if everyone hates trance then why do the trance parties that get booked once a month packed out there door with a line about a mile long. that has to give you some kind of clue there. anyway i will love all types of club music and support every dj doing there job. that is what they love and what they get paid to do. even if they dont make you happy with the music they spin.

Jack Z

I really dont understand how some people are attackin others saying this music sucks or that music sucks. if it was not for the music, then we would not have a nightclub to go to. i have heard many many many DJs in my time. i have heard alot of Top DJs of the world. and they play there shit. classify it as trance, house, tribal progressive. bla bla bla bla bla. its music that makes you move. to me there are to many differnt types of club music out there now. i have heard trance djs play house and tribal, i have heard house djs play trance and progressive, i have heard tribal djs play funky house and happy hardcore. i really dont give a shit cause i love it all. yes i am starting to like tribal more cause my favorite club (Deko) has that kind of vibe. but they play alot of house and progressive as well as trance and everything. i dont think you can go to one club for just one type of music, they have to play it all. even if it is a trance remix of a house song. like someone said before if everyone hates trance then why do the trance parties that get booked once a month packed out there door with a line about a mile long. that has to give you some kind of clue there. anyway i will love all types of club music and support every dj doing there job. that is what they love and what they get paid to do. even if they dont make you happy with the music they spin.

Jack Z

yea trance sucks

for me personally when i try to get my buddies into edm from hip-hop the older evil sounding trance seems to be what gets them hooked . I end up having to make them copies of old soundfactory mix cd's from when we were like 15. I wonder if that same style of trance was still big if edm as a whole would be putting up a better fight against hip-hop/reaggae/ etc? as with the people i know it would definitely help...

it's funny a few years ago i was defending trance to the grave on this board but i guess i have changed... trance is still the shit and i still rock out to dumonde and scot project (circa 1999-2001)in my car every now and then, but hearing it live is different.. i only think trance in nyc is alive when big dj's come to town.. big dj's being = pvd, tiesto, avb and oakie... if you take a small dj with just as much skills and put him in a small room it will barely fill out.. even somebody like ferry corsten who is IMO (the best of the best in trance) wont fill out a room like spirit...

also another reason why trance gets a bad wrap is bc most trance events are 18+.. with tha crowd comes the drugs too..

Got Milk, you just like to prove me wrong in anyway. Right now who is the most popular DJ in NYC, be honest come on. I dont agree with it. But yes, its DJ Boris. The guy spins twice a month at the hottest club in NYC, and the place is filled every time. Same thing with VC. and what do they spin TRIBAL, and nothing but. I would bet a lot of money, that if a poll was done, on what type of dance music NYC likes best, it would be TRIBAL. Electro is very pop, but still no where near the amount Tribal is. Trance is fading in the US. Peter Bailey, Richie Santana, Chus and Ceballos, Merritt, Cevin Fisher, even Roger Sanchez and JP play a good amount of tribal when they spin in the city. Its just the way it is. Got Milk stop making me out to be an idiot, cause im not. Im stating facts, and you cannot say im wrong, cause I have seen all these guys recently and they have played in there sets with the exception of Roger which is more like 35%, more than 50% tribal. Tribal is most def the most popular style of dance music in NYC. I dont agree with it, in fact I hate it when DJs play nuttin but tribal all nite long, but its just the way it is. All the guys I have stated play in Jersey or NY at least once a month. and 4 of the guys I have stated have residencies. Not to mention any after hours place with any Joe Smoo DJ playin, is also playing mostly tribal. If you dont believe me, go ahead and do a poll of people that go out to clubs. I would bet anything on it. Please got milk stop making me out to be an idiot about this. Cause I am not. I know from being out there every weekend, and talking to people. I am stating nuttin but facts.

I hear what your saying about tribal.. some of it's pretty hot particularly peter bailey & d-formations being my favorites . It seems to me that New Yorkers like my self prefer a darker souind and right now tribal is the one genre that has that gritty sound. trance is pretty light and melodic sounding these days however back in the day it was way darker and harder than anything today. like i say when i listen to tribal for a lil while i get pretty into it but then i'll go back and put on some old school trance and it just blows everything else away. I think if trance was a little edgier/darker like tribal is now it would be much more popular in NYC at the present time.

Got Milk, you just like to prove me wrong in anyway. Right now who is the most popular DJ in NYC, be honest come on. I dont agree with it. But yes, its DJ Boris. The guy spins twice a month at the hottest club in NYC, and the place is filled every time. Same thing with VC. and what do they spin TRIBAL, and nothing but. I would bet a lot of money, that if a poll was done, on what type of dance music NYC likes best, it would be TRIBAL. Electro is very pop, but still no where near the amount Tribal is. Trance is fading in the US. Peter Bailey, Richie Santana, Chus and Ceballos, Merritt, Cevin Fisher, even Roger Sanchez and JP play a good amount of tribal when they spin in the city. Its just the way it is. Got Milk stop making me out to be an idiot, cause im not. Im stating facts, and you cannot say im wrong, cause I have seen all these guys recently and they have played in there sets with the exception of Roger which is more like 35%, more than 50% tribal. Tribal is most def the most popular style of dance music in NYC. I dont agree with it, in fact I hate it when DJs play nuttin but tribal all nite long, but its just the way it is. All the guys I have stated play in Jersey or NY at least once a month. and 4 of the guys I have stated have residencies. Not to mention any after hours place with any Joe Smoo DJ playin, is also playing mostly tribal. If you dont believe me, go ahead and do a poll of people that go out to clubs. I would bet anything on it. Please got milk stop making me out to be an idiot about this. Cause I am not. I know from being out there every weekend, and talking to people. I am stating nuttin but facts.

1. Got Milk did prove you are wrong.

2. Get Boris's playlist and Examine it to see if you are telling the truth that he spinnin all tribal cuz i am sure one can spot 20-30% non tribal tracks

3. How do you trance is fading fast in the US? Go to Cali, Texas, Seattle, Chicago? Whos gettin Top Billing....TRANCE DJs

4. Ferry Corsten has a monthy residency at Crobar..what does he primarly spin...TRANCE. And the Club is packed out

I hear what your saying about tribal.. some of it's pretty hot particularly peter bailey & d-formations being my favorites . It seems to me that New Yorkers like my self prefer a darker souind and right now tribal is the one genre that has that gritty sound. trance is pretty light and melodic sounding these days however back in the day it was way darker and harder than anything today. like i say when i listen to tribal for a lil while i get pretty into it but then i'll go back and put on some old school trance and it just blows everything else away. I think if trance was a little edgier/darker like tribal is now it would be much more popular in NYC at the present time.

I def agree with you, Very vaild points. As far as Hype and Got Milk go, they just take every opp to dissagree with me, and thats fine, it makes them feel good to think they prove me wrong. Fact is Boris is the hottest DJ in NYC, and yes HYPE maybe 20% of his tracks arent tribal. But that still leaves 80% that is, and that is a hugh number.(What an idiot you can be, "20% of his tracks arent tribal" come on man look at what you just said. 20% lol, thats nothing). I really wish someone would do a poll on this so I can prove you know it alls wrong. I do not know what goes on in Chicago or Cali, but I do know NYC, I am in the city at a club at least 2 nites a week. If the Hype would ever go outside of Jesey clubs, he might find out too. Boris, Merrit, Santana, Chus and Ceballos, Bailey, Mario Calgeri, DT, Calderone, TKC, Rahouffer, Oscar G, Ralph Falcon. and there is more. Stop tryin to make me look like I know nuttin, I AM STATING FACTS. Go ahead try to name as many trance DJs that spin in the city as often as all these guys do. You cant, I know this cause I am there, and see who is spinnin. There is one resident trance DJ in NYC that I can think of , 1 and thats Ferry. No other trance DJ has a residency at a big room. So how the fuck can you say I am wrong. Im sure you will find some way. Go ahead, think hard, Its just laughable to me to see some of your responses. 20% LOL...Thats was fuckin great. OK so out of the 12 hrs he spins he plays a toatle of an hour of non-tribal. God guys get over your fights with me already, and admit I got very valid points. I have hold nothing aganist the 2 of you, and I agree with you when I seem fit. Give me credit where credit is due.

I def agree with you, Very vaild points. As far as Hype and Got Milk go, they just take every opp to dissagree with me, and thats fine, it makes them feel good to think they prove me wrong. Fact is Boris is the hottest DJ in NYC, and yes HYPE maybe 20% of his tracks arent tribal. But that still leaves 80% that is, and that is a hugh number.(What an idiot you can be, "20% of his tracks arent tribal" come on man look at what you just said. 20% lol, thats nothing). I really wish someone would do a poll on this so I can prove you know it alls wrong. I do not know what goes on in Chicago or Cali, but I do know NYC, I am in the city at a club at least 2 nites a week. If the Hype would ever go outside of Jesey clubs, he might find out too. Boris, Merrit, Santana, Chus and Ceballos, Bailey, Mario Calgeri, DT, Calderone, TKC, Rahouffer, Oscar G, Ralph Falcon. and there is more. Stop tryin to make me look like I know nuttin, I AM STATING FACTS. Go ahead try to name as many trance DJs that spin in the city as often as all these guys do. You cant, I know this cause I am there, and see who is spinnin. There is one resident trance DJ in NYC that I can think of , 1 and thats Ferry. No other trance DJ has a residency at a big room. So how the fuck can you say I am wrong. Im sure you will find some way. Go ahead, think hard, Its just laughable to me to see some of your responses. 20% LOL...Thats was fuckin great. OK so out of the 12 hrs he spins he plays a toatle of an hour of non-tribal. God guys get over your fights with me already, and admit I got very valid points. I have hold nothing aganist the 2 of you, and I agree with you when I seem fit. Give me credit where credit is due.

why do you want to be taken so seriously who the fuck cares

re-read some of your facts that you posted on here

Trance is fading in the US

.....back this up

its DJ Boris. The guy spins twice a month at the hottest club in NYC, and the place is filled every time. Same thing with VC. and what do they spin TRIBAL, and nothing but. 

...you already agreed that Boris doesn't spin all tribal

If the Hype would ever go outside of Jesey clubs

...and yes i do go to NYC and even Philly for that matter

I would bet a lot of money, that if a poll was done, on what type of dance music NYC likes best, it would be TRIBAL

....then why is it PvD and Tiesto are playing outdoor gigs, full sets and SELLING OUT whenevr this happens

re-read some of your facts that you posted on here

Trance is fading in the US

.....back this up

its DJ Boris. The guy spins twice a month at the hottest club in NYC, and the place is filled every time. Same thing with VC. and what do they spin TRIBAL, and nothing but. 

...you already agreed that Boris doesn't spin all tribal

If the Hype would ever go outside of Jesey clubs

...and yes i do go to NYC and even Philly for that matter

I would bet a lot of money, that if a poll was done, on what type of dance music NYC likes best, it would be TRIBAL

....then why is it PvD and Tiesto are playing outdoor gigs, full sets and SELLING OUT whenevr this happens

tribal is the sound of nyc rite now bottom line, tiesto and pvd pack out this outdoor gigs because they are rarely here any other trance dj's most people dont care about

tribal is the sound of nyc rite now bottom line, tiesto and pvd pack out this outdoor gigs because they are rarely here any other trance dj's most people dont care about

really....everytime AvB, Corsten are in NYC they sell out so i guess people do care bout em

If there was a tribal DJ spinnin an outdoor gig, would he sell out like Tiesto or PvD do?

really....everytime AvB, Corsten are in NYC they sell out so i guess people do care bout em

If there was a tribal DJ spinnin an outdoor gig, would he sell out like Tiesto or PvD do?

AVB AND corsten dont sell out what are you talking about....outdoor gigs are rare and who cares about them since they are few and far between, we are talkin about INDOOR gigs here which matters, so yes tribal is the "hot" sound at the moment this is not an opinion it's a fact

AVB AND corsten dont sell out what are you talking about....outdoor gigs are rare and who cares about them since they are few and far between, we are talkin about INDOOR gigs here which matters, so yes tribal is the "hot" sound at the moment this is not an opinion it's a fact

neat