Clubplanet Nightlife Community

[Review] Junior Vasquez @ Cielo: one perfect visit

The visit. Actually this was a low-expectations first date with a fairly typical Brooklyn Russian, who is used to half-priced sushi and Brooklyn lounges. While sitting in a casual cafe in the Village, I realized that I was having a much better time than I expected to have. She seemed to enjoy my company as well and to be open to suggestions, so I asked if she wanted to go dancing. She said that she wanted to go to a Russian club, I took her to Cielo instead. We got there around 10:30, there was a small line, we had to wait outside for 10 minutes or so.

Newbie's impressions. This was a perfect example of how Russians, who don't have an accurate picture of Manhattan nightlife, get pleasantly surprised. And this wasn't the first time I did it! What my date said was: the club was beautiful, the crowd was great, the music was amazing and she loved it. Unfortunately she wasn't used to dancing nights away, so we had to leave around 1:30, 'cuz her legs just couldn't handle it any longer.

The music. When we got there, Junior was playing uplifting vocal. As the night progressed he moved on to progressive, a few tracks with a tribal feel and went back to uplifting house. I recognized a remix of "Love Commandments" with a strong tribal beat and a heavily disguised mix of "Celebrate (One More Time)". The system sounded absolutely amazing, even though I thought that it was a little too loud for some vocal-intensive tracks.

The vibe. This was my second time @ Cielo, and what I loved about it both times was that everyone in the crowd was into the vibe. No guidos, no drugged up kids, no ugly asians (only good looking ones). There were plenty of shirtless gays, but they didn't make straight people feel out of place. I just don't get it: how does Cielo bring together all these people, all of whom are dancing, having a good time and enjoying themselves! Why can't this happen @ megaclubs?

Conclusion. Perfect. Absolutely perfect. One remark, however: at Tedd Patterson's party the lighting was much better. Whoever did the light, knew how to take advantage of the oversized disco ball's capabilities - it can produce some wonderful effects. During Junior's party the lights were way underutilized.

Junior's party are pretty good to bring a date to, to be honest(if they are into house music) Last time I brought some girl to roxy we had a great time. Alot of time's at straight parties dude's be eyeballing other guys girls, and this is something that leads to fights and stuff. Plus I hate all that hard core though guy shit at straight house parties.

thanx for the review max i heard it was hot as hell too cuz the fire alarm kept going off everytime they tried to put on the ac.but the funny thing is people thought the alarm was part of the set lol.everyone i talked to had a great time..

haha i love when that happens.. its happen to a lot of places and everyone just cheers it on when it does. it gets annoying after its on for more than a few minutes though lol

starscream - that's true, actually: it was hot as hell, my date noticed that too. When we were leaving there were fire trucks outside and firemen came in. My date thought they were strippers :)

I honestly can't imagine any tough guy shit @ Cielo, it would feel so out of place there. I also think that bringing a date to an uplifting house party is a relatively safe bet: girls usually like to dance :smile2: In my experience even those girls who complain that they don't like house or that they are into hip-hop usually end up having a great time.

See - that's the problem with the public forums. If I told you that she put out (on a first date that is), I'd publicly pronounce her a slut (and I kinda liked the girl too). If I told you that she didn't put out, I'd publicly pronounce myself a loser. How do you propose I solve this dilemma?

See - that's the problem with the public forums. If I told you that she put out (on a first date that is), I'd publicly pronounce her a slut (and I kinda liked the girl too). If I told you that she didn't put out, I'd publicly pronounce myself a loser. How do you propose I solve this dilemma?

You dont respond

yea, say no comment

i'm glad everyone had fun at this party, it's been a while since i saw junior. hopefully he'll have another house of god party this year. i didn't go to the one last year, but from what i heard, i'm not missing this year's