Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Some 2006 space pass info

I really hope they change the policy on "Tickets only good until 2AM" - Express admission guarenteed until 2 AM is a different story - but I could just see people getting there at 12:30 or 1 w/ supposed "no line" bullshit - and the line being held like last year when it was "gauranteed express admission" - only to get up there just after 2 and have them tell you your ticket is no good. At least last year if they made you wait when you should have walked right in - your pass was still good for something.

Got there last year before midnight on Tiesto night (or should I say Roger Sanchez morning :clap2: ) and Subiminal night WMC 2005 and had no problems getting in. We walked in about midnight and place was 3/4 full already. As we all know, anyone who got there past 1 AM had a difficult time on any night. So if you want to go, don't mess around and get there at peak time.

Sounds like another clever marketing ploy to maximize the profits. i.e. 2 AM BS.

I really hope they change the policy on "Tickets only good until 2AM" - Express admission guarenteed until 2 AM is a different story - but I could just see people getting there at 12:30 or 1 w/ supposed "no line" bullshit - and the line being held like last year when it was "gauranteed express admission" - only to get up there just after 2 and have them tell you your ticket is no good. At least last year if they made you wait when you should have walked right in - your pass was still good for something.

You can bet money that they will hold the line starting at 1.

They should put a footnote on the ticket. No guaranteed entry!

They should put a footnote on the ticket. No guaranteed entry!

HA!! Its the truth though. I do presales for so many big parties here in Vegas, back in Chicago where I used to live, All over Miami, NY - and Space is the ONLY place I have had a problem not walking right in.

NOTE TO EVERYONE WHO DOES BUY PRESALES - USE A CREDIT CARD (NOT DEBIT - EVEN IF ITS A VISA OR MC) AS YOU HAVE 3 MONTHS TO DISPUTE THE CHARGES IF FOR ANY REASON YOU DO NOT GET IN

I did this last year and had no problems getting some of my $$ back - the credit card company is on your side and its much easier than you think

It is total bullshit. Sell a 3 day pass good for any nights and everyone who has any pass for any night goes to PVD last year. I got there at midnight and didnt get in til 5am. I know i am retarted for waiting on line but im sorry, sell tickets for each night until sold out. That means you have a ticket, you get in. PERIOD. No confusion. Give me a fucking break.

... PVD last year. I got there at midnight and didnt get in til 5am ...

Yeah, if the passes "expire" at 2am.. it's totally and utterly useless.

I arrived for Tiesto at 12.30am - got in at 4am, and had presale tickets.

For PVD, my friends with Space Passes (remember that little thing about no waiting in line?) waited for 2 hours.... and got in around 4am.

During non-WMC Space holds the line after they draw people in with discounted admission "passwords"... the line grows for an hour beforehand, noone getting in, and then they start letting people in after the password has expired... yet noone had really left so it clearly is not a capacity issue.

This is a really tough one. If the tickets are time-sensitive, (especially THAT EARLY!!!!) they will be useless. And again, Space will make fools of those of us who are here for the music, and give priority to the $pring break kid$ who don't even know who Paul Van Dyk (or Sasha and Digweed, or...) is, but only showed up because some hottie from the beach said she would be at Space.

I guess what it has come down to is... we have been strongarmed into going to Space by 9pm (ha ha!) because they bring major talent, have a killer terrace, and they won't fulfill their end of the bargain if we show up any later than that. (and give even a small amount of our business/time/money to their competitors) Maybe they think that we will all be stupid enough to pay twice... once for a sure to expire ticket, and again (higher price of course) at the door cuz after waiting in line for 3 hours "I'm gettin in that goddamn club!"

:unhappy: After the fiasco last year, I didn't think they could get any worse in how they treat their patrons... but clearly it all boils down to $.

Screw it. We should all pool together and hire PVD (or whoever you freaking LOVE) and have our own little party on a rooftop. Just thinking about what is bound to happen in the line (mob) at Space is bringing me down.

~h

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.myspace.com/intrica

wow...everybody seems to have suffered a frustration of some sort...and my story doesn't differ much from everyone else's. Last year, I got there at 4am on saturday after Ultra-the little that I knew- and didn't get in til 8AM ! It was insane...and the only reason I hung in there was because I knew what I would miss (you know how you can hear the music on the terrace from the line)...that night was the Yoshitohi party. Anyways...those fokers at who run Space truly love to take advantage of us travellers and music fans. What can be done about this? this is totally unacceptable. Also, who the hell wants to be there BY 2AM anyways when the Terrace is 90% of what Space is about??

Another thing: All the Space website has is the single ticket for the Lawler party.......I have yet to see anything related to the 3 or 5 days passes. Anyone know anything?

Space must have some people on the payroll over on the cooljunkie WMC forum - there are about 5 different people over there that say this is such a great idea and they should have done this last year

How anyone could think that completely forfeiting your ticket if they don't let you in by 2 am is a good thing?

Does anyone have *confirmation* that this is indeed the case with the passes?

I mean, we have been doing a lot of talking, and freaking ourselves out about the "what if's" of these new rules on the passes... but has anyone seen this in writing from Space?

Granted, if they can squeeze a single penny more out of us I know they will... but does anyone have concrete information about this?

I, for one, wish the damn tickets would all go on sale already!

*counting the minutes until Mar 18th!*

~h

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.myspace.com/intrica

Yeah nothing specific has been said about the passes except that they would only be good for no line and gauranteed entry before 2am, it never did say that they would not be valid for admission after that time. (they most likely will still be good after 2, but no gaurantees, and you have to wait in line, one in one out)

Although it seems shitty the 2am thing makes some sense. If space sells 1000 pre sale tickets for an event, and only say 500 showed up by 2 am, they would technically have to keep open 500 more spots just in case these ticket holders showed up at 7am. It is well known however that many people who purchase pre sales are going to space for afterhours aka after 5am. To keep that many spots open for the previous 7 hours while hundreds wait outside will do two things:

1. Cost space a ton of money

2. Ensue a bigger riot outside.

Space could jack up the prices of presales and space passes and then this might not be such a concern, but an 80 dollar cover (presale) would get old real soon with a lot of people, and no one would go more than once or twice.

Ive been through all the same bs as described above last year, but honestly for the 150 or 300 bucks for a space pass (dont remeber exact figure) thats not an amount that is going to give any of us true vip access and treatment at one of the largest clubs in the world. They want to ensure this year that there are no pre-sale or space pass holders that cannot get into the club for any reason, so this is why there is the cut off, otherwise they have no chance of keeping to thier promises.

Passes that really got you in with no line up till 5am or any time and included admission for 5 days would be worth anywhere from 500-1000 bucks, especially for wmc.

There are a lot of forces at play in this, not just the owners of space, there are a number of different promotion companies, record labels, artists etc that all have a stake in these events. If the capacity for space is 3000, its is likely that they could have at least 8000 pass through each night.

Space has to keep happy not only its stakeholders but also its guests, and i do think this is a decent attempt to do both, even though the reality of it sucks.

In the end, we all could just not go, but since they have the club they do and the talent that they do, if we dont someone else will, so I guess that means they get to make the rules.

Seeya on the terrace,

What are you talking about? Nothing has been stated that they will not be valid after 2 AM? Read the website - I even quoted it right above your post

QUOTE FROM SPACE'S WEBSITE

** All tickets must be picked up from will call no later than 1am and used no later than 2am. Tickets will not be honored after 2am

Now Read Crobar's Policy - I know they are not an afterhours club - but at least they treat their customers like they actually give a shit

We will hold space for everyone who picks up their EXPRESS TICKETS BETWEEN 9:00PM and 1:00AM. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ARRIVE AFTER 1:00AM? At 1AM we can no longer hold capacity for you and we will start letting in the general admission guest up to our capacity. If you arrive after we’ve reached capacity, you will be given priority admission. WHAT IS PRIORITY ADMISSION? Once we reach capacity, those holding EXPRESS TICKETS will be admitted before those in the General or Guest List lines, but you must wait for people already admitted to leave the club to make room. WHAT IF EXPRESS TICKETS FOR A SPECIFIC EVENT ARE SOLD OUT? We are only selling a limited number to each event and there is plenty of room at Crobar(approx. 3000 capacity) if you arrive early. We suggest arriving by 9:00PM to ensure entry. NO REFUNDS. All sales are final and you must agree to all the terms as outlined above and in the Wantickets.com Terms of Purchase agreement on this form. Thank you for your support.

Im talking about Space passes, not presale tickets. What you have quoted is in regards to presale tickets for the Steve Lawler Event. There has been no formal annoucements regarding the passes yet as far as I know. I am only speculating/disccussing what could end up happening, and I shared the info that I did come across.

Like I said it before it sucks, and after reading what you posted about crobar's policy that is a much better way to handle presales, because like i said before no club is going to hold open all those spots all night just in case someone shows up.