Clubplanet Nightlife Community

party pooper friends

weyes

i met my roommate at a clubplanet meetup and we kept going out together, probably about once a month, for a few years, before we got an apartment of our own. i had always been afraid of him losing the urge to go out and dance before i would because he's 6 years older, but now he doesn't want to go out as much, and there really are other reasons.

he's got low self-esteem about his looks (not as thin as he was before i met him), and he spends a fortune on drinks when we go out, so he cites those as two reasons why he doesn't like to go out much. it can be kinda intimidating to be in social situations like at clubs, but he didn't have a problem the last few years.

i used to go out alone when i didn't have any friends who liked to go out dancing, and it didn't bother me all that much. but that was when i was going to raves, which is very different; i always met lots of open, nice people in what always turned out to be adventures. but now that i have friends who go out to clubs, going alone feels weird.

anyway, this is too long. i just wanted to say it's left me all self-conscious about going to clubs alone.

and i can't get my roommate to go to satoshi tomiie, even though he's unemployed (doesn't have to work the next day) and hasn't ever heard the man's music :( .

if your meeting up with people once your at the club, whats the big deal? or just slip a roofie into your rommates drink and drag him there while he's passsed out.

happens to a lot of us, i dont go out as much as i used to - in part i'm just ain't diggin' the music there is out there these days.

Well, I think between shorty, myself, and the rest of us in here, we are all more than happy to join you at whatever event. Going out is getting easier, and fun again since my loss, so I believe it will be easier to find company. Isnt poccnr and few others hitting the Satoshi show that you could meet up with? Cause you wouldnt really be there alone if you had people you are familiar with at the same place.

It is o.k. since you and l a l a t e were the only ones to reply, but in October my father past away suddenly. So, as you can imagine it has been a very difficult time for me. But as I stated, it is getting easier, and I know that my dad would want me to be happy. He knew how much I loved music, and dancing, he even had old 8mm of me as a little girl dancing away to "cumbias". :bootysha:

weyes, don't be self-conscious about going out alone. just make sure that when you do, it is something you wouldn't miss for the world. because then you are there for the music alone and won't be conscious of anything else.

i have friends that don't like to go out as much as they did, and while it usually tends to go in cycles, often it happens because someone gets married or whatever and disappears for awhile. you just have to find a new group, even for a short time or go alone (no shame in it). last year I was in a relationship w/ someone who didn't like to go out at all and I totally flaked on some friends to be with that person. looking back, the person wasn't worth it, but, I am now glad that I took the break, cause I completed some other stuff. totally off topic, lol. anyway, my point is my friends waited for me to come back and I made it up to them. :)

And they will lose me again for a year after this summer, just this time it is all about me taking a break for myself and not cause I am dating someone, blah, blah, blah. :)

you'll make it through!

also, you could try buying 2 tickets to something a few months in advance and let your roomie know to be prepared. like for the diggers show in june and see if he can gear himself up for it with several months notice.

hope you are feeling better sanci :)

It is o.k. since you and l a l a t e were the only ones to reply, but in October my father past away suddenly. So, as you can imagine it has been a very difficult time for me. But as I stated, it is getting easier, and I know that my dad would want me to be happy. He knew how much I loved music, and dancing, he even had old 8mm of me as a little girl dancing away to "cumbias". :bootysha:

sorry. i lost my father at 15. :(

weyes, don't be self-conscious about going out alone. just make sure that when you do, it is something you wouldn't miss for the world. because then you are there for the music alone and won't be conscious of anything else...
i guess it wouldn't be as big of a thing if i were living in new york again and could just split and get on the subway if i didn't like it or if i still lived in downtown l.a. and it weren't such a hassle. i live in the o.c. now, though, and the 45 min-1 hour drive one way on a saturday night makes going out that much more of a big deal. i wish the public transportation out here were decent :cuss: !!!

so you're right, barra - i should make it for events to which i really, really wanna go. if this were the scumfrog, i'd be there, no question. maybe i'll download some tomiie and see if i really wanna go.