Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jojo Flores @ Shine: Review...

philippio

Arriving at about 11pm, Shine was still somewhat empty. I proceeded to get a drink while Tarrantella (Chris Bourne) was spinning. I think he should get some new records. Some of his opening sets sound exactly alike. He uses many of the same tracks every week. With so much music out there, he should be able to play completely new tracks every week. :(

Jojo Flores rocked!!! I couldn't sit still. This is the first night since I've moved to Miami from the northeast, that I was reminded of my Friday nights at Vinyl (with Danny Tenaglia behind the decks). With quite a few parties going on tonight, I'm glad I picked this one!

ABSOLUTELY SICK TRACK SELECTION!!! :bowdown::aright:

His mixing was flawless. Track selection was simply top notch! I got no IDs. I was too busy dancing and just feeling the house music pulsating through all the gyrating bodies! I danced until the very very end!!! Unbelievable set!

Once all the posers and trendies were out of the picture, it was on! There was just a few people left... the ones that truly understand house music; and we were all dancing like there's no tomorrow!!! :getdown:

Much respect to Jojo for a job well done (tonight you reminded me what house music is all about) and to Swank for the drinks and the warm hospitality!

I nominate tonight as one of 2006's best sets. :D

P.S. T and Marcie rock! :rock:

Sorry for the late response...

Phillipio...you're more than welcomed anytime!

Thanks to all who came out to support!

It was just great 'house music' the room was feeling good...the vibe was right so jojo played some 'proppa' house tracks. Soulful....moving....bangin....side steppin....crazy house till 4:30AM +

Good times and more to come.....stay tuned.

peace.

sounds like fun. was the place packed? what i like about jojo is all his sets sound completely different.... ill catch him next time hes in town.... which im sure will be soon. :)

what kind of set was it soulful? or just straight up house?

I wouldn't say it was very soulful. Not at all like the set he played last time at Shine (although I was a lot more drunk that time).

In the end he even banged it out proper! It was just really amazing, especially on that sound system. I really couldn't sit still. :D