Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hudson Hotel on a Thursday night?

Anybody ever been to the Hudson Hotel Bar on a Thursday night?

My boyfriend and I will be staying there Thurs. night and I was just wondering what the scene was like and if it's worth it to hang out there or should we go somewhere else.

------------------

"Love your enemies...cause your friends may turn out to be a bunch of bastards."

Originally posted by jenny5150:

Anybody ever been to the Hudson Hotel Bar on a Thursday night?

My boyfriend and I will be staying there Thurs. night and I was just wondering what the scene was like and if it's worth it to hang out there or should we go somewhere else.

Hmm... Hudson. Ahhh...

You have to love the lime-green escalators. Those escalators are probably the best symbol for the hotel that there is - trendy, outgoing, but never tacky (at least in my book). Well, I should say that I've never stayed there, being from the city, but I have been to their "public" lounge (and those quotes are important, too). If you stay at the hotel, getting into the big lounge with the mural on the ceiling and the lights shining up through the floor should not be any sort of a problem. I think there's also a bar called the "Library" in there too - Citysearch talks about it, so does TimeOut, and I think Translucent might have referenced it as well. Anyway, I've never been in that one, so I can't comment on it...

The bar/lounge I've been to is really a trendy spot, lots of model-looking types, lots of pretentiousness. I hate to do it, but I will say that Derek Jeter was there the night I was there (he only stayed about 10 minutes. And no one seemed to notice he was there - except me). Drinks are expensive, the music is ambient, and pretty shitty sounding considering the size of the speakers. It's def. a place to chill and have a few drinks - if you've got the $$ - but I wouldn't make a night of it. There really isn't a whole lot to do around that area in terms of dancing or clubbing, save Float and Exit, the latter of which isn't really that close anyway. But the Hudson is pretty central (well, duh, I guess - it's in Midtown) to whatever you want to do. You'll have a great time, I'm sure. I've heard a lot of good reviews of the rooms and the service - and I think their restaurant, the Hudson Cafeteria, is a really cool idea. The food there is excellent too.

~~ cwm29.gifcwm30.gifcwm29.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

ski_accident_md_wht.gif

"Happy the man, and happy he alone, he who can call today his own, he who, secure within, can say, 'Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have liv'd today'." - Horace

"Be excellent to each other." - Rufus