Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vintage shops in NYC?

Check out the outdoor antique shows on 26th and 6th avenue every weekend. They've got some incredible vintage clothing booths.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."

"For the Greeks, the hidden life demanded invisible ink. They wrote an ordinary letter and in between the lines set out to write another letter, written in milk. The document looked innocent enough until one who knew better sprinkled coal-dust over it. What the letter had been no longer mattered: what mattered was the life flaring up undetected..."

Unfortunately I won't be in the city on the weekend for quite some time, but I will be in the Village on Friday, so hopefully I'll find some "duds" around Christopher St.

------------------

"Love your enemies...cause your friends may turn out to be a bunch of bastards."

Jenny...

Go to canal jean...not only is it a huge..cool as shit store..but they have a whole vintage level..

I remember going there in high school and everything was a dollar...5 dollars..etc...but since the "vintage" popularity..not so cheap anymore. But I did get some great vintage leather jackets for 25 bucks..and they have a huge selection of levis as well..it still is about half the prices of those smaller vintage stores..

Plus..they have cool stuff on all 5 or 6 floors...I have a feeling you will rack up there!!

Its on broadway..in soho..about 3 blocks south of houston...

-Jill

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

I was going to mention cheap jacks too (i work near there and pass it all the time)..but it certainly aint cheap! they change 85 dollars for a pair of used levis!! Is that not insane!! You could get 2 pairs of new ones for that damn much...

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

Hey -- I live on christopher, on the street itself it's actually 99 percent men's stuff, but around here there's a lot of places - Andees Cheepes ( i think its on broadway around 3'd?) Cheap jacks as someone said,and Canal, Just walk down broadway from Washington to Canal Street. Also in the east village on 4th to like 11ith btw 3 and Ave A there are some cute smaller places, just find one and ask them where the other ones are smile.gif

good luck smile.gif

R

------------------

..."Music is my life...and I just can't help it..Music is my life...It's the joy I feel inside"...

MissDiva19@aol.com

Canal is great... there's also a place not too far from there (I think) called Andy's Chee-pee's... I got some excellent stuff there for when I go out swing dancing (when people used to dress up more for it)...

- Meli -

------------------

bubbles_06b.icobubbles_02.icobubbles_07.icobubbles_04.icobubbles_01.ico

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

... and to all my people, "Peace -- and Humpty-ness forever!"

AIM: MeliChaCha

E-MAIL: MeliChaCha@powerpuff.com <--- new addy!

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com