Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thinking of DT brings back memories of....

Im not forgetting the clubs before these....There were a few other Legendary clubs, but i never experianced any of the clubs before 1995...

But there is 1 fact that still stands the clubs, crowd, vibe, music is not anywhere near the way it used to be... :)

I'm so tired of hearing people complain that clubs are not what they used to be.

I still go out on a regular basis, as well as Gabe, and we both always have a great time. I feel I have atleast a little merit being that I have gone out for about 6 years, and this is not nearly as long as some of you. But hopefully some of you agree with me, or atleast respect my opinion. The music is still great in the city, there are still many great clubs around the city (try going to the places besides Crobar and Spirit), and there are some great people to meet.

Many people are mad that Tunnel and Twilo closed. Well yea, they closed because they were fucking crack dens. One of us would have eventually died if that place hadn't been shut down, so can you blame the city for doing what it did?

There were always Asians at Twilo, there were always Asians at the Tunnel, there were always Asians at Limelight. And you know what; the ones that we see today, most are very friendly. Ask for a cigg, I'm sure they'll give you one. I see just as many cracked out Irish and Italian people as I see Asians at clubs. So why Stereotype? We should come together and enjoy NYC club life instead of degrading one another.

Are some of us living in the past because we were used to going out at 3am and staying out all night and going to afterhours and heading to hear Jonathan at the SF till 4pm? Those days are over.

NYC club life is still very much alive. There are still parties out there that have the vibe, do the research: 718 sessions, the special Cielo parties, Teddy P at Cielo, the special events at Show, Joe Claussel at Love, Louie Vega Wed. at Cielo, Sullivan Room peoples always showing the love, the PS1 parties in the summer, Blue Sky Thursdays at Sin Sin. I could go on and on all night.

A lot of the smaller more intimate parties with this great vibe everyone speaks of die because no one supports the parties. Gabe throws his Stimulus event and no one shows up. Then there are the complaints that the music sucks, the crowd stunk, the door price was too expensive, the bottles of water were 6 bucks? Yea well, support the other parties.

Imagine if you lived in Houston, Texas or Pheonix, Arizona. Would you be complaining then if you had say maybe two house music clubs in the entire city? If people like Alan T, Anthony Lamont, Kevin Aviance, Larry Tee, etc. weren’t throwing and entertaining parties?

This isn’t aimed at anyone in this thread so don’t take it that way, I’m not here to bash on people. In fact, as you stated djufonyc, you have been clubbing almost five years longer than I, so who am I to judge you? You were just making a post about your memories and how you relate a current party to your past, and that is great :):):):) It is just though, how many more of these posts can one read before asking, is enough enough?

I’m simply saying, go out and enjoy what the city has to offer. Stop going out with a negative attitude before you even enter a club snickering because DT is playing at Crobar and not at Twilo. Support the parties, the music, the DJ’s, love one another and stop with all the bullshit because the minute hand does indeed move quicker than you think.

-Jimmy

Good (and long!) answer.

If you're looking for 1990s clubs in 2000s, you will not find them.

Get on with the times, look ahead. There's really some great parties nowadays (so much better than 2, 3 years ago). NYC is definitely alive.

As Lady Bunny once said: "To the people who complain that New York is not as fun as it used to be, well so are you!". :)

The reason why the vibe was so good at places like Tunnel and Twilo was b/c 80% of the crowd was hopped up on E. Of course the vibe will be good under those conditions. We all know that E isn't what it used to be, and it's been replaced by other stupid shit like K, G, Tina, etc.

Take the drugs out of that scene, and I doubt everyone would be talking about how great it was.

There are so many good parties today, you just have to know where to look. On any given weekend, there's some great talent playing in NYC and during the week there's a bunch of great parties too. Everyone needs to embrace the evolution of the scene and stop living in the past.

Ok, it's safe to say that we know the club scene will never be the same because of it was a completely diffrent error in time, no we look forward to the future and may we have many more new evloved clubs ! REST in PEACE Tunnel, limeLight, Twilo, palladium, in memory, here is 2 designs i have made when the tunnel died, and here is a logo from twilo!..

riptunnel2dn.jpg

twilo8ud.jpg

I'm so tired of hearing people complain that clubs are not what they used to be.

I still go out on a regular basis, as well as Gabe, and we both always have a great time. I feel I have atleast a little merit being that I have gone out for about 6 years, and this is not nearly as long as some of you. But hopefully some of you agree with me, or atleast respect my opinion. The music is still great in the city, there are still many great clubs around the city (try going to the places besides Crobar and Spirit), and there are some great people to meet.

Many people are mad that Tunnel and Twilo closed. Well yea, they closed because they were fucking crack dens. One of us would have eventually died if that place hadn't been shut down, so can you blame the city for doing what it did?

There were always Asians at Twilo, there were always Asians at the Tunnel, there were always Asians at Limelight. And you know what; the ones that we see today, most are very friendly. Ask for a cigg, I'm sure they'll give you one. I see just as many cracked out Irish and Italian people as I see Asians at clubs. So why Stereotype? We should come together and enjoy NYC club life instead of degrading one another.

Are some of us living in the past because we were used to going out at 3am and staying out all night and going to afterhours and heading to hear Jonathan at the SF till 4pm? Those days are over.

NYC club life is still very much alive. There are still parties out there that have the vibe, do the research: 718 sessions, the special Cielo parties, Teddy P at Cielo, the special events at Show, Joe Claussel at Love, Louie Vega Wed. at Cielo, Sullivan Room peoples always showing the love, the PS1 parties in the summer, Blue Sky Thursdays at Sin Sin. I could go on and on all night.

A lot of the smaller more intimate parties with this great vibe everyone speaks of die because no one supports the parties. Gabe throws his Stimulus event and no one shows up. Then there are the complaints that the music sucks, the crowd stunk, the door price was too expensive, the bottles of water were 6 bucks? Yea well, support the other parties.

Imagine if you lived in Houston, Texas or Pheonix, Arizona. Would you be complaining then if you had say maybe two house music clubs in the entire city? If people like Alan T, Anthony Lamont, Kevin Aviance, Larry Tee, etc. weren’t throwing and entertaining parties?

This isn’t aimed at anyone in this thread so don’t take it that way, I’m not here to bash on people. In fact, as you stated djufonyc, you have been clubbing almost five years longer than I, so who am I to judge you? You were just making a post about your memories and how you relate a current party to your past, and that is great :):):):) It is just though, how many more of these posts can one read before asking, is enough enough?

I’m simply saying, go out and enjoy what the city has to offer. Stop going out with a negative attitude before you even enter a club snickering because DT is playing at Crobar and not at Twilo. Support the parties, the music, the DJ’s, love one another and stop with all the bullshit because the minute hand does indeed move quicker than you think.

-Jimmy

I agree with everything jimmy, except this hehe:

Gabe throws his Stimulus event and no one shows up

dIDNT see you leave crobar earlier today.

I think this Thread was taken in a different way then it was supposed to...lol

original post:

(The Darkkkk Dancefloor, the Strobelights, the Music, the Vibe, the 7 rooms, the Co-Ed Bathrooms, the $15 admission, The Elements!!!!

NYC is not the same without the old school clubs: Tunnel, Limelight, Palladium, Twilo)

Nothing was said about the asians and the people that are going to clubs these days. The point i was trying to make is like it says above. It is true NYC scene is not the same and never will be, that era is gone.