Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stylez in the Chapel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for anyone who was there @ avalon, u better agree that js tore that place apart...comment on the night...shout out to stylez tony carmine all were present and all had a fabulous time thanks -chris(dubz' boy)

:aright:

how about the other party that was booked in the same room. dj david quest. how was his set. i know he can ripp shit up.

Z

Shit really didn't pick up/sound good till Styles got on....The guy before him went from "Sweet Dreams" to a "Enter Sandman vs I Got The Pills" was f'n horrible.

Styles went on mad late too.

yo i was up in the booth for a long time fri nite...its shame we were prob standin right next to each other and didnt even kno it...anyway stylez def delivered with very good set. my bad but david quest did not meet up to the expectations that others set for him. track selection was ehh he was all over the place....stylez shuda went on earlier

yo i was up in the booth for a long time fri nite...its shame we were prob standin right next to each other and didnt even kno it...anyway stylez def delivered with very good set. my bad but david quest did not meet up to the expectations that others set for him. track selection was ehh he was all over the place....stylez shuda went on earlier

who knows who the hell was on then, that other party had like 3 djs set. so now with two parties set in the same room. it is bullshit. i know avalon is known for that too. im sure your boy did a sick job just wish the two parties were differnt nights. i live in south jersey now and was not able to get up there. last few times i heard dave he fuckin blows it up each time. so maybe someone else was on or he is startin to change his sound, who knows ill talk to him this week and find out. good luck with future parties.

Jack Z

yes this is the third time i have heard dj johhny stylez. he is a very talented and upcoming dj. unfortanelty for avalon, i believe the reason for him goin on late was because he got bumped to a later shift. (dont quote me on this though). but from when he went on till i left. he dropped bangers the whole way. i had a chance aswell to go up into the booth.... and WOW that boy works!! He really was working every track. I was lovin it! When he first came on he really brought the energy into that room. the djs before him not sure who they were, but were decent at best. And wow this was the first time i was at avalon for a not BIG name dj night or special event.. All i have to say is wow about the crowd and special parties that were goin on. Those who went know what im taling about LOL. i had a blast though. it was great meetin new peeps, tony, pat (my partner in crime) and all his boys, lou, and many more. good times. when i here of dj johnny stylez next party i let everyone know. peace!!

ya know i have been to many clubs were the smaller rooms or vip rooms have the best music. its great too cause when people walk by the rooms and check it out, then they are like holy shit, this guy is killin the room. you never hear of half the djs either and why the fuck dont the directors and promoters book these guys weekly. im sure there are alot of small djs out there that can do alot better then the usualy nyc residents. i know of two djs that are not really known but they have spun all over nyc, nj and philly. they kill it every fuckin time as well. its a shame that they dont headline crobar and shit. they even produce there own tracks and have there own remixes that will not get released. ill be up in the city soon so i will look out for johnny styles and check him out.

Z

ya know i have been to many clubs were the smaller rooms or vip rooms have the best music. its great too cause when people walk by the rooms and check it out, then they are like holy shit, this guy is killin the room. you never hear of half the djs either and why the fuck dont the directors and promoters book these guys weekly. im sure there are alot of small djs out there that can do alot better then the usualy nyc residents. i know of two djs that are not really known but they have spun all over nyc, nj and philly. they kill it every fuckin time as well. its a shame that they dont headline crobar and shit. they even produce there own tracks and have there own remixes that will not get released. ill be up in the city soon so i will look out for johnny styles and check him out.

Z

if you like tribal u will like stylez. he has mixes for download on his webstie but they dont him justice, he spins best when in front of a live crowd, killed it last night. maybe it wasnt quest spinnin so i shudnt have said what i said it cud of been pete e. but either way they werent doin too good of a job

there was def. total confusion in there a guy opened that was supposed to be in the spider room, and then dave went on at like 12 till 1:30 ish and then i went on and after me kris, but the people were havin a good time, but it wasnt as dead as people make it out to be, people were havin a good time. and i am new to all this so i guess thanks for the being decent comment lol, but styles really is good, great track selection and was not stop energy throughout the set, wish i could have stayed longer..what time did they close up shop anyway??

there was def. total confusion in there a guy opened that was supposed to be in the spider room, and then dave went on at like 12 till 1:30 ish and then i went on and after me kris, but the people were havin a good time, but it wasnt as dead as people make it out to be, people were havin a good time. and i am new to all this so i guess thanks for the being decent comment lol, but styles really is good, great track selection and was not stop energy throughout the set, wish i could have stayed longer..what time did they close up shop anyway??

they closed/ kicked us out at like 5:15/5:30...we were still beggin for them to turn the music back on...dj pete e good luck in the future and hope to hear u tear shit up another time @ avalon

Yeah, my friend and I were supposed to open up in the spider room but that got rented out by the goth people, so they moved us over to the chapel room. We played till 12 then Dave played. After that things started getting a little fuzzy. I just remember it being a great vibe and people having fun. The only thing dead about that place was the possible vampires walking around all night.

Thats kinda a week assessment of David Quest, ur critiqing a house set verses a tribal Set.. obviosly ur looking to enjoy a totally differnt sound... as a producer thats two totally differnt mixes, and David Quest has been spinning that club since before limelight was padlocked, if anything that was a Reunion for him.. hes got 8 years as a dj.. but i can see mayham with 3 partys gettin shoved into one room... i wasnt there so i really cant say anything towards any dj but i can say that to hear someone say david quest was all over the place really Sounds off in my opinion, hes one of the tightest mixing djs i know...

There was one point I walked into the room and I couldn't hear any music through the speakers. That was right after 1230.

But, who ever did that "Sweet Dreams ---->Enter Sandman...." I was NOT feeling that. That's not a set. You're up there just playing tracks..

The next party will be @ VIBE in Rockville Center, It;s "the 2 sides of WOnderland" Johnny Stylez team party on april 14th. Only spot to have an afterhours in LI

i have to bump this!! just because!! cant wait for this party!! Also right next to the LIRR train station!! (rockville stop)